Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Need Tips on Searching with Agoda

BIGFREE1

I can't seem to find a way to search for a possible stay in a way that I'd like to.

What I usually like to do is narrow properties down to a few possible places to stay and THEN decide on what my timeframe of the stay would be based upon availability at those properties. To me it can be more important as to where you stay than on the exact dates of the stay.

With Agoda, you only seem to be able to search for any location (or a specific location) to stay for a specific timeframe. Your search could be successful if you shaved a day off from the start or the end, but you have no idea because that's not how the search works.

For example, on Agoda, you need to enter dates for start-end of a stay and then it will search for availability of a certain place or all places within a defined search, that have availability for that timeframe.

I'd like to be able to search a properties "availability" and see if there are dates within that search result that I can work with. I know of other sites that you can conduct this type of search, and there might be a way to do it on Agoda, but I just haven't figured it out yet?

Anyways, thanks in advance for any tips on how to achieve this.

Edited by BIGFREE1
Typo's/Clarity

Medellin Hotel List - Guest Friendly Establishments 

Though I mainly use booking.com, I do this on all hotel booking websites when searching.

My initial search is for just 1 day to see what places are available within my budget in my preferred locations of wherever I'm looking at.

I then expand my search to the actual dates I want to stay eg a week, 10 days etc, to see if my preferred options are still available.

If they are not, quick searches will soon reveal the dates that they are not available, it may be just a single day blocking a proposed 2 week stay

On 10/04/2021 at 01:20, jaynewcastle said:

Though I mainly use booking.com, I do this on all hotel booking websites when searching.

My initial search is for just 1 day to see what places are available within my budget in my preferred locations of wherever I'm looking at.

I then expand my search to the actual dates I want to stay eg a week, 10 days etc, to see if my preferred options are still available.

If they are not, quick searches will soon reveal the dates that they are not available, it may be just a single day blocking a proposed 2 week stay

Thanks.

How you are doing it is my back-up plan. It's tedious and takes longer than it should (that's what she said).

Some sites have always had a shortcoming when it came to modes of searching. I remember Travelocity once had an issue that if I searched over and over for a certain place, the price would climb and room availability would drop as the system saw this as 'heavy' activity for a certain place and adjusted it's prices.

Think of the current way that Uber handles "surge" pricing.

Medellin Hotel List - Guest Friendly Establishments 

I know what you mean- that you what it to work like AirBNB where you can see the calander of dates available on a specific property.  Unfortunately I haven't been able to do that with Agoda either. 

The website for Agoda is not the greatest- I like that the reviews are the most accurate out of all the sites- including Google,  and the price is definitely the best for properties in Southeast Asia!

On 12/04/2021 at 13:00, BIGFREE1 said:

I searched over and over for a certain place, the price would climb and room availability would drop as the system saw this as 'heavy' activity for a certain place and adjusted it's prices.

I have seen this price escalation happening on Agoda when I looked at the same hotel a second time.   I found that clearing cookies on my web browser restored the original price.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png