Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Find a Golf Club in Pattaya

alanices25

Hello,

I apologize in advance for my broken English ...

I am looking for a friendly Golf Club in Pattaya which organizes collective departures for his members several times a week with affordable prices and friendly players if possible.

I have only been playing for 2 years and my level is very not very good (handicap 24).  So I'm not looking for performance, but simply the pleasure of discovering several courses in a relaxed atmosphere.

Shortly before the borders closed, I was able to play with the Golf Club located on LK Metro and this group was really great.
 However I learned that Dale had recently sold his bar and therefore I am looking for a new club to play next time (May or June) in Pattaya.  If you have any information about a new club managed by Dale, please let me know so that I can go to that club.

Thank you in advance for your information on possible other golf clubs.

Alanices

Retox on Soi Honey. No comps. so you won't lose any money to the expat sharks :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks penboy for this information.

Do you have any information on the groups I've been told about?  
- The Links Bar Group

- Travelers Rest Golf Group

I've played twice with Traveller's rest. It's OK as long as you don't win any money on your first couple of visits :rolleyes: 

They have a good deal at the Phoenix which IMO is one of the better courses in the area. Minibus trip usually with 8 players, lots of expats who have their regular 4 balls but I met a couple of decent guys that I played with.

Not sure about Links bar, I think it has changed location and management a couple of times. 

Where are you staying in Patts?

Fergus who runs out a bar in Lengkee used to have Travellers Rest . Dickhead who wanted to disqualify me because he reckoned I took an illegal drop because my ball had come to rest 2 inches from a very angry cobra and my 2 playing partners said drop it where you are and just hit it, we were in the first group to set the speed of play. He later barred his guests from bringing BGs back to their room , Bar became Snippets and now Thirst Camel 

Plenty of bars used to run them. , get boots on the ground and find a bar you like and use them. 

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Travellers Rest in Lengkee, runs proper golf, if you’re a bandit you’ll get found out, keeps a computer record and handicaps altered as and when needed, good bunch of lads as well.

I used to play from GC, there were a few suspects there to be fair, they know who they are??

my hotel is soi honey so quite close to these different golf bars.  
I play just for fun, score and handicap don't really matter for me, and i don't cheat (no interest).

20 minutes ago, alanices25 said:

my hotel is soi honey so quite close to these different golf bars.  
I play just for fun, score and handicap don't really matter for me, and i don't cheat (no interest).

Retox is your best option IMO. sports bar towards 2nd road end of Soi Honey. Go and ask the cashier about golf sheets.

On 20/04/2021 at 23:33, penboy said:

May's calendar of courses is also now viewable - where it says Today in a box click on April and it brings up all the months, click on May and you can see all the courses and prices for May.

That is on a pc browser, mobile may be a bit different.

• 1 month later...

Back from Pattaya, here is an update on the golf groups I have chosen to play with:

- The Links group on Buakaho (Phil and John)

https://www.google.fr/maps/place/The+Links+Hotel/@12.9257997,100.8792364,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m8!3m7!1s0x3102960c52acf6c5:0xdab27beee6366! 5m2! 4m1! 1i2! 8m2! 3d12.9257945! 4d100.8814251

https://www.facebook.com/golf.pattaya.thailand

- Tropical Group Soi 3 (Brian)

https://www.google.fr/maps/place/The+BJ+Holiday+Lodge/@12.94621,100.8871621,16z/data=!4m8!3m7!1s0x0:0x3997edcd29c37ff7!5m2!4m1 ! 1i2! 8m2! 3d12.9453421! 4d100.8857888

- Nadia's Kitchen (Alex and Jockey)

https://www.google.fr/maps/place/Nadia’s+Kitchen/@12.9262125,100.8871581,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x310297c9ae7860a988xeaf35b427ae7860a9:0xeaf35b427ae7860a9:0xeaf35b427ae7860a9: ! 8m2! 3d12.9262006! 4d100.8893632

All 3 had no registration fees and had very friendly members and leaders, and I was made very welcome. In addition, they often have very advantageous prices on the various courses.

I played on theese courses :

- Pattana

- Laem Chabang

- Treasure Hill

- Phoenix

- Khao Kheow

- Green Valley

- Bangpakong Riverside

- Greenwood

- Burapha

- Royal Lakeside

- Pattaya Country Club

- Mountain Shadow

- Bangpra

- Pattavia Century

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Travellers is a pain in the arse, taking it all too seriously. I went with them once and some of them spent the whole round having a go at each other due to some disagreement from the following week 

Not a relaxing day out 

5 minutes ago, Gonetothedogs said:

Travellers is a pain in the arse, taking it all too seriously. I went with them once and some of them spent the whole round having a go at each other due to some disagreement from the following week 

Not a relaxing day out 

For some, it's not golf unless there is some bickering involved. That's why I started using Retox on soi Honey. 

1 hour ago, penboy said:

For some, it's not golf unless there is some bickering involved. That's why I started using Retox on soi Honey. 

Well I would have used that, but it closed down a couple of weeks ago 

Just now, Gonetothedogs said:

Well I would have used that, but it closed down a couple of weeks ago 

I think that games are still being organised by Graham who is taking care of things whilst Paul is in the UK.

They have found a new location and will be announcing it soon.

links is well organised play mon wed fri couple of thou baht all included .played there for years just turn up and play.

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/07/2021 at 19:51, penboy said:

I think that games are still being organised by Graham who is taking care of things whilst Paul is in the UK.

They have found a new location and will be announcing it soon.

We are actually moving all the stored bags out this Friday to the new Witherspoons on Soi Buakhow. New lockers have been built as well and I believe there may be some still available.

Golf will move to there from Monday (bars of course only open for takeaways now......) and Paul's looking for a new name for the group. For those unaware Paul started it at the old Witherspoons on Buakhow near Lengkee and then moved it to Retox after ownership/management changes at Witherspoons.

We are currently running golf normally on Monday and Thursday each week although now with very low numbers which is quite relaxing :)

Web site calendar here (although guess this link will also change)

https://retoxgolf.com/events/month/

• Thanks 2