IGNORED

Guinness

Hemingway’s also saying it’s back in stock.

Last price was 240 baht. Don’t know if it’s still the same.

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

On 07/04/2021 at 09:09, kansuwan said:

Q: How much is a pint of draught Guinness in the UK these days? 

In London and Southern England and also Ireland(especially Dublin) you will be extremely lucky to get a pint of Guinness below £5 or the Euro equivalent. In fact any draft pint for that matter, unless you are standing at a Wetherspoon’s bar. The reality in central London is that a £5 pint is already a thing of the past and prices are starting to creep towards the £7 pint!! 

Covid Recoup and price inflation are factor’s but i cant work out whether its just business owner greed, business rates that pub landlords are being charged and therefore passing on the cost or Brewer cartels keeping prices high as a lot of brands are owned by a few companies. Anyone on the forum give us some industry insight?

Many seasoned drinkers i know are now thinking twice about going out or limiting the amount of times they go for a pint…. Or end up in a Wetherspoons 😆 which are ok for a couple of pints on the run but I have never found them to be ‘session’ pubs or ones you could call your Local. They don’t have sport on the TV in them either. 

1 hour ago, Somchai1 said:

In London and Southern England and also Ireland(especially Dublin) you will be extremely lucky to get a pint of Guinness below £5 or the Euro equivalent. In fact any draft pint for that matter, unless you are standing at a Wetherspoon’s bar. The reality in central London is that a £5 pint is already a thing of the past and prices are starting to creep towards the £7 pint!! 

Covid Recoup and price inflation are factor’s but i cant work out whether its just business owner greed, business rates that pub landlords are being charged and therefore passing on the cost or Brewer cartels keeping prices high as a lot of brands are owned by a few companies. Anyone on the forum give us some industry insight?

Many seasoned drinkers i know are now thinking twice about going out or limiting the amount of times they go for a pint…. Or end up in a Wetherspoons 😆 which are ok for a couple of pints on the run but I have never found them to be ‘session’ pubs or ones you could call your Local. They don’t have sport on the TV in them either. 

Higher rents, higher wages, higher transportation cost, higher taxes all lead to higher prices

• 2 months later...

Paddy's Irish Pub & Grill opens on the Dark side on the 12th of May at 9am, a pint of Guinness will be 240 Baht.

G

https://www.facebook.com/paddyspubpattaya

• Like 2

My youtube channel .....https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxoT31MMwxjrLmj6um_BnlA

2 Weeks in Jomtien trip report, photo heavy and videos.....  http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/307477-big-g-returns-2-weeks-in-november-photo-heavy-and-some-videos/

First trip report,more then 500 images.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/177415-small-trip-reportbut-heaps-of-photos500-plus/

Had a few pints around town this week;

Hemingways, Sportsman, Maggie May's & Metro on LK all 240Bt. Le Pub I believe is 250Bt and Robin Hood 299Bt.

• Like 2

Bawdy by name, Bawdy by nature.

The new Cheap Charlie’s in Jomtien advertising it for 209 baht.

• Like 3

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

For me the big question is not the price, but do they pour it properly with nitro?

I've seen pints being poured without before and that just is wrong..

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

11 minutes ago, stacksreg123 said:

For me the big question is not the price, but do they pour it properly with nitro?

I've seen pints being poured without before and that just is wrong..

I agree, 1,000%.

I have actually called out a few bartenders in the USA and in Thailand for taking the lazy way out.

Reduce the tips.

I have also seen a few TG bartenders cut corners.  Unsure if on purpose or just due to lack of education.

Quick LINK to a proper pour.

A more educational video LINK on what and why.

Edited by LASportsNut
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wholesale prices have all increased therefore bars pass that on to the customer. Bars also do not make much profit on draught beer, keg sizes are smaller & the shelf life is shorter. If the bar is a busy one then it's good idea to offer a selection of beers on tap; for most bars, in particular open bars where the foot traffic is unpredictable, it can be a bit of a gamble. 😐

• Like 2

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 09/05/2022 at 01:28, Bawdy said:

Robin Hood 299Bt.

So sorry, my mistake, it is 279 Bt.

Enjoying one now with Breakfast! 555 Actually, I've noticed a bit on ice in their Guinness here, is that normal (I'm a recent convert)?

9 hours ago, Bawdy said:

So sorry, my mistake, it is 279 Bt.

Enjoying one now with Breakfast! 555 Actually, I've noticed a bit on ice in their Guinness here, is that normal (I'm a recent convert)?

+ VAT ?

Edited by Leo_Bia

15 hours ago, Leo_Bia said:

+ VAT ?

Yes, stand corrected again. Last Guinness I had at Robin Hood was with a meal so missed it. Guinness + 7% VAT is indeed 299 Bt.

Having said that, just had the best breakfast ever at RH with their 'Build Your Own Breakfast', everything I wanted and perfectly cooked.

2 minutes ago, Bawdy said:

Yes, stand corrected again. Last Guinness I had at Robin Hood was with a meal so missed it.

Yes, the introduction of adding VAT to their bills is something that Robin Hood have kept very quiet about.

I was at Dicey Reilly's tonight.

No Guinness.  WTF

Anyway, they seem to be ramping up so unsure how long before they are back to normal.

Despite this the place was packed. The most I have ever seen even pre-covid.

1 hour ago, LASportsNut said:

I was at Dicey Reilly's tonight.

No Guinness.  WTF

A few places have reported a shortage again.