IGNORED

Trike Insurance

Yabusaki

Greetings,

As a law biding expat in Pattaya, I want to be in compliance with Traffic Regulations! I can't find an Insurance companies that will insure a Trike because it's modified from a motorbike! So, I need your assistance, to all the Trike owners and motorbike riders, please let me know If you know any insurance carrierthat would insure a Trike?

Thanks, much!

DSC_0088.JPG

Hang Loose, mongoose!

Get a real "man bike" and you won't have this issue!!! 555

Seriously though I'm going to check today with the company I use.

3 hours ago, Rocketboy said:

Get a real "man bike" and you won't have this issue!!! 555

Seriously though I'm going to check today with the company I use.

Rocketboy,

So true, I'm not strong, muscular and hansum man like you! He he he he he

If, I drove a standard motorbike in Pattaya, within a week I would get into severe motorbike accident and it will be my fault! Have a nice day!

Hang Loose, mongoose!

13 hours ago, Yabusaki said:

Rocketboy,

So true, I'm not strong, muscular and hansum man like you! He he he he he

If, I drove a standard motorbike in Pattaya, within a week I would get into severe motorbike accident and it will be my fault! Have a nice day!

555 I checked with my company yesterday and she said no. I asked her did she know any company that would, she said no!

Strong and muscular you are more than me! Hansum like me... you not there yet! 555

I'm sure you'd do just fine on a standard motorbike/scooter. Remember I never rode one until I moved here and taught myself slowly how to ride. It's still a learning process!

Edited by Rocketboy

1 minute ago, Rocketboy said:

555 I checked with my company yesterday and she said no. I asked her did she know any company that would, she said no!

Strong and muscular you are more than me! Hansum like me... you not there yet! 555

Rocketboy,

Thanks for your help!

LOL, I couldn't stop laughing, agree, you're a hansum and nice man! No wonder, all the attractive ladies like you!

Have a nice day!

Hang Loose, mongoose!

11 minutes ago, Yabusaki said:

Rocketboy,

Thanks for your help!

LOL, I couldn't stop laughing, agree, you're a hansum and nice man! No wonder, all the attractive ladies like you!

Have a nice day!

Being nice, friendly, smiling and joking attracts many....not all!

But, we all know it's all about the money....looks can get you in the door so to speak! 555

Edited by Rocketboy
  • Like 2

Have you checked with the shop that sold you the trike?

If it's the shop that does the modifications themselves, then sells the trikes, they *should* be the best source of information but TiT.

Presumably, the problem is the valuation as the trike is sold for roughly twice the amount of the scooter it is based on and they don't have a standard category or model number to apply to it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 1500B said:

If it's the shop that does the modifications themselves, then sells the trikes, they *should* be the best source of information but TiT.

Presumably, the problem is the valuation as the trike is sold for roughly twice the amount of the scooter it is based on and they don't have a standard category or model number to apply to it.

Greetings,

I like the Trike's workmanship and handling but the owner can't help me in getting an insurance in Pattaya! 

So, I'm still searching for an insurance company that will insure a modified Trike?

• Like 1

Hang Loose, mongoose!

15 hours ago, 1500B said:

I'm not sure that the value matters, it's not like they ever intend to pay out :D

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

On 05/04/2021 at 13:08, Yabusaki said:

I have never driven one of those so I'm curious, how is it different from a standard motorbike? I would imagine the only difference is that you wouldn't have to put your feet down when coming to a stop? Although thinking about it, I guess I do balance a standard motorbike a bit using the handlebar when driving slowly (although it is possible to put the feet down instead).

Edited by level13

Not sure if @SexyMan on this forum is the same one on other forums but if he is he may be able to reply as he has one of this modified trikes.

Greetings,

I'm still having problems finding an insurance company in Thailand/Pattaya willing to insure a modified Honda ADV 150 Trike? Therefore, I'm willing give 1,000 bhat to  someone that can find an Insurance company willing to insure a modified Trike!

Good luck.

Hang Loose, mongoose!

38 minutes ago, Yabusaki said:

Greetings,

I'm still having problems finding an insurance company in Thailand/Pattaya willing to insure a modified Honda ADV 150 Trike? Therefore, I'm willing give 1,000 bhat to  someone that can find an Insurance company willing to insure a modified Trike!

Good luck.

Duno if tried any of these and if it works out keep your Money pleasure to help

20210409_120020.jpg

20210409_120045.jpg

20210409_115957.jpg

• Like 3

15 hours ago, FROST MEDIC999 said:

Duno if tried any of these and if it works out keep your Money pleasure to help

20210409_120020.jpg

20210409_120045.jpg

20210409_115957.jpg

Hello,

Thank you very much for your advice, I shall contact them on Monday! 

• Like 1

Hang Loose, mongoose!

Greetings,

Once again, I'll donate 1,000 bhat to someone who recommend an insurance company that will insure a modified Honda ADV 150 Trike! Good luck.

Hang Loose, mongoose!

30 minutes ago, Yabusaki said:

Greetings,

Once again, I'll donate 1,000 bhat to someone who recommend an insurance company that will insure a modified Honda ADV 150 Trike! Good luck.

How about splitting it between the finder and Pattaya Addicts? 

Edited by likeaking
  • Like 2

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

7 hours ago, likeaking said:

How about splitting it between the finder and Pattaya Addicts? 

Greetings,

Sure, no problem!

Hang Loose, mongoose!

OP, Have you checked with a auto insurer vs motorbike insurer to see if it’s possible by paying the auto rates? 

I think the biggest problem the OP faces is that a trike like that has no type approval, unlike something like a Yamaha Tricity (double front wheels), which I expect does. It's a locally made, unapproved design and I doubt there is any way of getting it to comply with the current laws and regulations. To get an insurance-sticker for it, your best bet is probably to insure it as a regular bike, according to what it says in the green book. This will most likely involve forking over some cash to get it past inspection, probably via a middle-man with the right connections (check around at local bike-shops). If you ever need to use the insurance in connection with an accident, however, don't be surprised if the insurance company backs out of it, citing the modifications as the cause. This doesn't mean you can't use it, of course, it just means you will have to live with not being 100% legal. You know, like most things in Thailand...

In the picture you posted it looks like there's another one like it, a grey one,  standing on the left. If I'm right about that, what did the owner of that one do, do you know?

Why not just go down to the guys on Thepprasit who make them - if anyone knows they will

(just don't tell them about the 1000baht or you might need a trike after your leg has been dry humped raw)

• Haha 1

On 11/04/2021 at 00:50, regyai said:

Why not just go down to the guys on Thepprasit who make them - if anyone knows they will

(just don't tell them about the 1000baht or you might need a trike after your leg has been dry humped raw)

Greetings, 

The owner of Ozimoto doesn't know if any insurance companies will insure Trike in Pattaya!

Hang Loose, mongoose!

Greetings, 

After meeting with another Trike owner named Rob, I know an insurance company that will insure a three wheel Trike in Pattaya! But,I still have to wait for a white license plate and green book before purchasing a Trike Insurance. Afterwards,  I shall share the name of the insurance company with PA members!

• Like 2

Hang Loose, mongoose!

4 hours ago, Yabusaki said:

Greetings, 

After meeting with another Trike owner named Rob, I know an insurance company that will insure a three wheel Trike in Pattaya! But,I still have to wait for a white license plate and green book before purchasing a Trike Insurance. Afterwards,  I shall share the name of the insurance company with PA members!

Well done but are you overthinking?  I see thousands of red plated bikes in Pattaya and rather assume they are uninsured.  In our countries that is a no-no but here where the compulsory insurance is max of 20,000 it is only common sense.  I know of no Thai who consider this as anything other than a necessary cost like annual tax.  I know no-one who has ever had a pay out or had their basic insurance pay out, but stand to be corrected.  20000 baht may just about cover parking your trike in the side of an old baht bus but anything else is up to you, sky the limit.  I suggest get the shop to transfer, tax and compulsory insure it as Honda Wave 125 (or whatever) to cover police checks and if it makes you sleep better put $600 in an envelope and hide. And get a disc lock.

Tell me of any insurance company offering 1st class insurance for bikes in Thailand, a short selling opportunity.