IGNORED

Best credit card for mileage and international travel

YachtRockGuy

Hello! I'd like some input for the best credit card to apply for with mileage bonuses and perks for international travel. I'm leaning towards an American Express gold card but open to other options.

Thanks!

I use Capital One Venture CC for earning miles: 2 miles for every $1 spent.

I use Charles Schwab for my ATM card because they refund all ATM fees, no matter where you are in the world.  Whether you're in a Las Vegas strip club that charges a $50 ATM fee or using a Bangkok bank ATM that charges 220 baht fee, Schwab has refunded them all.

• Like 2
If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

Most of my purchases are at restaurants and groceries, which this card gives 4x points for, which is great. Plus there's a good welcome bonus. My only caveat is which airlines are transfer partners. If you mostly fly United for instance, you might be better off with a card that transfers points directly to United Mileage Plus. Of course, in that case, you can join a miles program with a Star Alliance affiliated airline that AmEx does transfer to and pour your miles into that account and use it to book United flights or another airline.

There's a whole thread dedicated to this in travel. We consistently talk about best CC deals and point opportunities.   I believe it's called "business class under 2k".  The thread evolved from the title.

But current they best credit card (bang for buck) is the Chase Sapphire Preffered.   Petty sure they are offering 80k sign up points.   It's easy to rack up chase points with their credit card and they have several partners to transfer miles too.

i use the chase united with a 95 buck fee waived first year.  great using in thailand for everything as no foreign transaction fee.  very close to real rate.

Unfortunately I'm outside of the Chase 5/24 rule, so I won't be eligible for another card issued by them for a year or so. I went back to school at a coding bootcamp and got a couple 0% cards to pay for tuition, etc.

I'm not an experienced world travel and only left the states once when I was in high school. Based on my (limited) research it seems American Express has the best reputation for international travel.

Always open to your input!

Thanks