IGNORED

5 year insurance renewal in Jomtien/Pattaya

maxtroy

My mate is stuck back home and I keep his bike at my condo and use it occasionally . His insurance is up now and I need to renew but people

have told me there is a requirement for a 5 year physical inspection . I know there is an office on Pattaya Tai and was wondering if there

are any offices in Jomtien that can provide this inspection .

For motorbike over 5 years an annual RTO inspection is required.

Just take it to one of many RTO inspectors, they are all over the place with a yellow cog wheel sign.  You need the green book, guess it costs a hundred baht or so.  I just ask them to do the annual tax and compulsory insurance and expect about 800 baht total.  About an hour of work then a chit to show any police and then green book, tax square and insurance print out in couple of days.

Despite those suggesting they just go 1wheel,2 wheels OK, they actually get stuck in , never been asked to do any work yet though.

If you miss RTO and tax you get some sort of penalty but being Thailand Thai level this is about 1 baht / month.

• Like 2

Ended up in shop across from the UFO/Boat 7/11 on Pattaya Tai.  700 baht all in

with sticker/tag available for pick up within 24 hours .

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

13 Aug 2021 during lockdown.

The Inspection Station across from the Big Boat 7/11 on Pattaya Tai is open and able to do the full inspection/insurance/tax and get your green book updated. I took my bike in Tuesday and picked it up today (Friday).