Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

What does "Internet-4G Time base" mean?

The Sly Fox

I have dual sim phone. 2 sims both DTAC, 1 sim is a pre-paid number I've had for years, the 2nd is a new sim I bought from Lazada that has 1 year unlimited data at 10 mb. I don't intend to use this 2nd sim to make or receive calls, I just have for the unlimited 1 year data deal.

Sim 1 is set to default for calls, sim2 is set for data card. 

The data sim is going fine, I hotspot my phone and tether both laptop and smart TV to it, no problems.

But I've noticed my sim 1, which is set for calls only has been dropping a bit in credit though I haven't made any calls or sms these past few days.

I just checked usage now and see 5 times yesterday and 5 times today it had used 2.14 bt for Internet-4G Time base.

So what is this? Why is this sim still using internet? and can I stop it from using up phone credit?

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

I have a very similar setup on my phone

Slot 1 has an AIS sim that I use only for calls

Slot 2 has a pre paid dtac sim that I use only for data. 

My AIS sim does not leak money. My guess is that occasionally your data sim cannot connect, and your phone then uses your calls sim for data. Try turning OFF the "allow 4G connectivity for both sim slots" option. 

18 minutes ago, wadman said:

Try turning OFF the "allow 4G connectivity for both sim slots" option. 

ok I just turned that off and will see how it goes.

On 15/03/2021 at 15:05, wadman said:

I have a very similar setup on my phone

Slot 1 has an AIS sim that I use only for calls

Slot 2 has a pre paid dtac sim that I use only for data. 

My AIS sim does not leak money. My guess is that occasionally your data sim cannot connect, and your phone then uses your calls sim for data. Try turning OFF the "allow 4G connectivity for both sim slots" option. 

Ok thanks mate, it hasn't done it since I turned off as you suggested, so it seems that was the solution. 

2 minutes ago, The Sly Fox said:

Ok thanks mate, it hasn't done it since I turned off as you suggested, so it seems that was the solution. 

I suspect we have the same DTAC sim.  I bought mine off Lazada for 1290 baht, valid for 1 year, 10 mbps, unlimited data.  It's a whopper in terms of value for money.

The signal strength isn't the best though.  I could be sitting in a Soi 6 bar, and every so often I only get 2 out 5 bars for the signal, and data throughput is then either very slow or 0.   I never had this issue with data on AIS sims. 

5 hours ago, wadman said:

I suspect we have the same DTAC sim.  I bought mine off Lazada for 1290 baht, valid for 1 year, 10 mbps, unlimited data.  It's a whopper in terms of value for money.

The signal strength isn't the best though.  I could be sitting in a Soi 6 bar, and every so often I only get 2 out 5 bars for the signal, and data throughput is then either very slow or 0.   I never had this issue with data on AIS sims. 

Yes same sim. 1290bt for 1 year. For the past 2 years I've been paying directly through DTAC for a special promotion of 10mbps unlimited for 3 months for 1900Bt + vat. So since discovering the Lazada deal I get same internet for less money and 12 months not 3 months. I have no issues with the strength. I tether my laptop to it and d/l stuff all day, and at the same time my smart TV is using it to show movies or ABC News. No problems at all. I just ordered another one for tirak's phone as she was paying dumb money for 1 month's data.

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/03/2021 at 07:48, The Sly Fox said:

I have dual sim phone. 2 sims both DTAC, 1 sim is a pre-paid number I've had for years, the 2nd is a new sim I bought from Lazada that has 1 year unlimited data at 10 mb. I don't intend to use this 2nd sim to make or receive calls, I just have for the unlimited 1 year data deal.

Sim 1 is set to default for calls, sim2 is set for data card. 

The data sim is going fine, I hotspot my phone and tether both laptop and smart TV to it, no problems.

But I've noticed my sim 1, which is set for calls only has been dropping a bit in credit though I haven't made any calls or sms these past few days.

I just checked usage now and see 5 times yesterday and 5 times today it had used 2.14 bt for Internet-4G Time base.

So what is this? Why is this sim still using internet? and can I stop it from using up phone credit?

It means that you data is being charged on a time based basis as opposed to volume based.

You can simply switch data off on that particular SIM. 

Direct Number (USSD)*104*72# then press the Dial key

Alternatively Dial *1004  then Press 9 and then Press 7

• Like 1