Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Phones. Sim cards, registration.

DangerMouse

If you buy a phone in Thailand do you have to register it now? I read something before about it but not sure if it has been implemented. :) Cheers.

I've never had to register one yet. I just hand my phone over and let them sort it out.

Double Gold Medalist. 2006 Mongering Olympics

Mine was registered when I bought it at Big C but I had my TG du jour buy it for me so it's registered in her name. :)

I bought SIM card in Big C in March. No need for ID and no need to register. It is still working perfectly.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

In the Fall of 2005, the government announced that all mobile phone numbers had to be registered by the end of that year.

Like many things in LOS they, whomever they are, changed their minds and the whole thing was dropped and forgotten.

• 8 months later...

ok, to all i ma unclear on how this whole issue works...if I bring my latest phone - a Telstra branded Z252 Dual Band UMTS HSDPA how do I get a thai sim card for TEMPORARY usage and then put back my sim card after I come back,,,,would appreciate tech assistance here...thanks...Jboy

ok, to all i ma unclear on how this whole issue works...if I bring my latest phone - a Telstra branded Z252 Dual Band UMTS HSDPA how do I get a thai sim card for TEMPORARY usage and then put back my sim card after I come back,,,,would appreciate tech assistance here...thanks...Jboy

Outside in the arrivals hall there are a few shops that sells the sim cards just hand over your phone and tell them you want a sim card and they will do it for you also buy any extra airtime you need, I use (1-2 call) and I'm sure most BM's use the same too.

PS. Your phone need to be unlock to accept the Thai sim if its not you can always go to MBK Mall in Bangkok or wait until you get to Pattaya and go to Big C or Tukom and get it unlock.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

I use (1-2 call) and I'm sure most BM's use the same too.

True is cheaper if you change the package - 1baht per CALL 9-5 and then 3 baht per minute outside those hours.

True also does NOT have the annoying advertiisdng text messages that 12call send all day long.

The SIMS are all different, they are set up for different tarrifs etc. DON'T just walk in and buy the first SIM you see - it may NOT be what you need.

If you want cheap daytime calls TELL them and they will give you the correct SIM. For example if you sleep all day you want the 2 baht per minute tarrif as that is better for nightime calls.

Also you need to tell them if you want International calls activating and Voicemail.

Some of the SIMS allow these, some have them already activated, some you have to ask them to do it, and some don't have those facilities at all.

Just hand over your phone and tell the staff exactly what you want - they will set it all up for you.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

• 1 month later...
or wait until you get to Pattaya and go to Big C or Tukom and get it unlock.

so just where about is Tukom? Is it at Big C?

so just where about is Tukom? Is it at Big C?

Tucom is on South Pattaya Rd a little before Soi Buakaow on the right-hand side as you head away from the beach. It is not at Big C.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Tucom is on South Pattaya Rd a little before Soi Buakaow on the right-hand side as you head away from the beach. It is not at Big C.

thanks scumbag, I'll head up that way on Friday or Saturday this week, it sounds as if it's only a short walk from where I'm going to be staying (stereo bar)