IGNORED

coverting photo to digital

TripleIPA

I have a single photo in a frame that I would like to make digital. can anyone recommend a shop that can do this well in Pattaya.  thanks

48 minutes ago, TripleIPA said:

I have a single photo in a frame that I would like to make digital. can anyone recommend a shop that can do this well in Pattaya.  thanks

When I wanted to get a digital copy of a very old photograph, for a funeral, the best result was when I took a photo with my iPhone and then printed from that. Any of the Kodak shops, if they’re still open, would do the printing.

The one I used for any printing etc is in Jomtien not far from the arch in the row of shops between VT7 and the beach. Don’t know if it’s open now.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I have an ap called photo scan, its Android but I'm sure there would be an Apple equivalent.

Its designed for scanning photos. It lines up to the edges of the photo and removes any parallax error. It also allows you to fix the lighting.

• 6 months later...

Just an added note... years ago I scanned an old photo and posted it in a forum.  The  photo showed a checkerboard effect. weird.

At the suggestion of some guru, he suggested I rotate the photo just a bit and rescan.

That worked! No chequerboard!

I have no idea why or how this worked.

On 01/03/2021 at 12:28, Sloracer said:

I have an ap called photo scan, its Android but I'm sure there would be an Apple equivalent.

Its designed for scanning photos. It lines up to the edges of the photo and removes any parallax error. It also allows you to fix the lighting.

above is a great suggestion if you want the best possible low cost solution.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.photos.scanner&hl=en&gl=US that's the app. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

I would assume a proper Photo Scanner.

My Epson Perfection V33/V330 is knocking on a bit but still pretty good.
https://www.epson.co.uk/products/scanners/consumer-scanners/epson-perfection-v33
If you can't find a shop with one, for a single photo I am in Central Pattaya.