IGNORED

99 Bhat Breakfast Special

Yabusaki

I only live a few minutes walk from Nicky's so to go anywhere else for a B99 breakfast means walking past arguably the best value and best quality breakfast just to get to another. That doesn't mean some of the other offerings aren't equally as good, but so much has to do with restaurant location versus where you reside.

My only gripe about Nicky's 'Early Bird' is in the name. Sometimes the 1pm cut-off doesn't suit my schedule (of doing nothing) and I don't want to rush around oor eat when my stomach doesn't message me. If that's the case then I'll just wait a little longer for my main meal which is most likely also from Nicky's.

I haven't eaten in a restaurant since before the pandemic as I got so used to taking away and eating at home in front of the telly with all the home comforts.  The added bonus of no shirtless, sweaty, noisy farang in my vicinity while I eat also plays a major role in that decision.

Just curious with these B99 breakfasts. Do you guys: -

1. Tip the single one baht in change?
2. Add to the one baht and tip more?
3. Take your one baht change and leave nothing?

To get the ball rolling. I add another ten baht, leaving B11 as tip.

Scent from my anus using crapatalk

56 minutes ago, roger buttmore said:

I only live a few minutes walk from Nicky's so to go anywhere else for a B99 breakfast means walking past arguably the best value and best quality breakfast just to get to another. That doesn't mean some of the other offerings aren't equally as good, but so much has to do with restaurant location versus where you reside.

My only gripe about Nicky's 'Early Bird' is in the name. Sometimes the 1pm cut-off doesn't suit my schedule (of doing nothing) and I don't want to rush around oor eat when my stomach doesn't message me. If that's the case then I'll just wait a little longer for my main meal which is most likely also from Nicky's.

I haven't eaten in a restaurant since before the pandemic as I got so used to taking away and eating at home in front of the telly with all the home comforts.  The added bonus of no shirtless, sweaty, noisy farang in my vicinity while I eat also plays a major role in that decision.

If I get a cheap 99 baht breakfast, I always add 20 baht to the 1 baht change.

On 27/02/2022 at 15:23, roger buttmore said:

I remove the 1 baht to be used in the water machine and add 20 baht.

Ladyboy Review Forum http://www.ladyboyreview.com

On 17/02/2022 at 16:07, sydneysteve said:

My preferred english breakfast is The Hideaway. Close to home, good value for taste and price, and enough to fill the spot. I am happy, not being a coffee/tea drinker I can substitute orange juice at no extra cost. Though lately, on two occasions I was charged for the juice by new staff. I queried my bill and it was rectified. I'm not concerned if I have to pay extra for juice but inform me whether their has been a policy change first, though apparently there has not.

Staff are friendly and usually cheerful.

Just going slightly off topic but their ribs are superb.

• Like 3

image.png

5 minutes ago, petermik said:

Moderator or not...do try to keep on topic please....🤣🤣🤣👍

Sorry Sir....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

image.png

Just now, Jebb said:

Sorry Sir....

No problem...but your on my watch list now so be careful....and happy belated birthday...U old bugger 🤣👍

On 27/02/2022 at 01:23, roger buttmore said:

I always tip a 20 b bill

• 3 months later...

Whilst it's not advertised as a 99bhat special, Witherspoons do a small breakfast and I ate there everyday on my recent trip and was charged 99bhat. From memory the menu might say 120, but I know I was surprised when the bill came.

The breakfast was quite good for the price. Two half pieces of toast and the coffee was the lowlight. I'd order a latte which was 65 bhat.

To be honest the main attraction for me was sitting and watching the World go by.

WIFI was next to useless though.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I doubt these prices will last till my trip in November, given the raging inflation the world is/will experience?

6 hours ago, geezerrb said:

I doubt these prices will last till my trip in November, given the raging inflation the world is/will experience?

Maybe not but I didn't notice any real price increases from my last trip pre covid.

• Like 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 1 month later...

While there is a 99B breakfast available at J Bar, Jomtiem Soi 7, I went for the large, was 149B. Not sure if the hash browns come standard or it was a mistake but a really good breakfast, quality ingredients, non greasy too and good value, came with tea and toast. 

J BAR thumbnail_IMG_8948.jpg

• Like 2

On 27/02/2021 at 08:28, WhiteThai said:

FINALLY, something for us Yanks, :Clap:

😆 I saw the picture and thought the same thing immediately then came across this post hahaha. On point. 

• Thanks 1

Gotta add Nicky's to my list of places to check out the next time I am in town.