Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Route 66 diner dark side

• 2 weeks later...

I have heard some good things about this place with regard to the American Comfort Food. A few friends and myself are planning on giving it a try later this week.

• Like 2

Daugher has wanted to try this place since we told her about it, so today we went back.

Starters, mozzarella sticks and jalapeño poppers:

R66Starters.jpg

• Like 2

I had to add the mains in a new post because the board is broken.  Again.

TW had the buffalo wings, Daughter the Grand Slam, and I went with the French dip, though there are so many sandwiches on offer I probably won't repeat with that one.  Everything was good.

R66Mains.thumb.jpg.ace16d696dea2064cef3360d161b16d7.jpg

Food looks great, especially the pancake -- making me hungry!

I grew up in Texas, so even BAD chicken fried steak is better than NO chicken fried steak! 555

I know it's been discussed before, but about how far out is it? My concern is getting there and back, as I will not ride a moto taxi. Maybe Grab?

Ride 4 Kickz's Youtube review of the Route 66 Diner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv0NbI3XrWc

Google Maps gives the Route 66 Diner a 4.5 star out of 5 star rating with 63 reviews:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Route+66+Diner+Pattaya/@12.9230208,100.9515249,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x3102eff4bdf4b4b9:0x99757ce47ed4fda4!8m2!3d12.9230208!4d100.9537136

8 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

I grew up in Texas, so even BAD chicken fried steak is better than NO chicken fried steak! 555

I know it's been discussed before, but about how far out is it? My concern is getting there and back, as I will not ride a moto taxi. Maybe Grab?

Hey mate, they have just finished all the roadworks to there so scooter is fine... 

Otherwise try BOLT (App)  much cheaper then Grab. 

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

8 minutes ago, Atlas said:

Hey mate, they have just finished all the roadworks to there so scooter is fine... 

Otherwise try BOLT (App)  much cheaper then Grab. 

Thanks - I always forget the name of that app. Need to load it onto my phone before I get back to Pattaya!

11 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Texan here also, and I agree. 

It's under the new hwy 7 overpass on Siam Country Club, in a pretty quiet area, so you'd want to be able to call a vehicle to take you back.  I didn't notice any in the area.

• 4 weeks later...

Had nice breakfast here today, 179B, everything good-except sausages. Comes with pot of tea and toast.

66 thumbnail_IMG_4048.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Returned today, had light Breakfast, with extra beans, 145B total. All quality and non greasy ingredients. 

Again, comes with a pot of tea and toast.

Place seems to be doing a steady trade.

66 thumbnail_IMG_4140.jpg

Returned again to Route 66, had a good breakfast, reasonably priced,  wife had Thai food.

She had the pad karpow seafood, and it tasted good, squid was lovely and soft. The prawns, however, were tiny. And at 190B, I did consider it a bit pricy.

66 thumbnail_IMG_4165.jpg

• 2 months later...

Just wish they would open a branch in Jomtiem, impressed with this place, and doing well, always a handy crowd in.

Their beef brisket is really good. In fact, everything I have had has been fine. 

• 1 year later...

Yes!  I visited this place last year; I was feeling homesick for America!  They nailed it!

• 1 year later...

They have recently redone the menu and its awesome.

• 1 month later...

I've been trying their Tex-Mex choices.  So far everything except the beef fajitas has been excellent.  Beef enchiladas:

image.thumb.jpeg.0bfe8e9b1cfb7c16efdbc672323346ae.jpeg

Handy if who you're with doesn't feel like Mexican, otherwise Taco House is just up the street.  Case in point, she wanted a pepperoni, salami, and mozzarella omelet:

image.thumb.jpeg.964c3740852b88435d84ce27530d49e4.jpeg

• Like 3