Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Golf Quarantine

Ping Pong

I've been following this story for some time and trying to locate the details.

Back in November/December this was touted as an idea by TAT as a means of getting tourists who spend quite a bit of money into the country, notably golfers. I expect the Japanese and South Koreans spend a small fortune on golf, certainly more than westeners and expats. At that time though the golf resorts didn't seem keen to get on board.

Recently The Bangkok Post listed 6 resorts which had signed upto the scheme. 5 around Bangkok and 1 up north. Although I say round Bangkok they are quite a bit out in the sticks bar one which is only 40km away on the west side so quite a bit more from the airport.

Only one has published a price so far and it's 90,000 - 120,000 baht for your 15 day stay, golf and cart and 3 meals a day. I presume the price range is for different room types. Caddie is not compulsary but if you do have one then you are stuck with that caddie for all your golf.

You get 3 tests throughout your stay and if they are all negative you get let free and you can then bugger off to Patts for the rest of your holiday. Or just go home if that is your holiday limit, at least you will have played some golf in the sun even if you didn't get your dick wet. Unless of course the resort has some in house massage services who are willing to bend some rules.

As I would be doing a 28 day holiday on my next trip I would be very happy doing the above. Who knows, by November if you've had your 2 jabs you might not have to do some house arrest on a golf course anyway.

Would you consider any of the above an option for you? I suppose the question is are you a serious golfer (like me) or is golf just a thing to do during the day as you bored sitting by the pool all day waiting for the night?

My only thoughts are you book this thing up with a resort (in say July for November) only to find travel opens up and now you're stuck with being on a resort in the middle of no-where and only one golf course.

On 31/01/2021 at 13:14, Catfish1950 said:

By chance do you have a link?

I do but it's a bit sketchy at the moment. Only 1 resort has quoted any prices or dates. It's something to read and wait for developments.

https://thaiest.com/blog/thailand-golf-quarantine-list

Can’t see you getting to play for at least 15 days, from what I’ve read your in your room, meals brought to you, total quarantine, though might have changed?

My friend who is in the know & lives there told me first week in room & then if you pass the Covid test its ok to play golf each day for the second week.

I am sure more will be made & clearer info as the weeks & months go by.

14 hours ago, Jack Frost said:

My friend who is in the know & lives there told me first week in room & then if you pass the Covid test its ok to play golf each day for the second week.

I am sure more will be made & clearer info as the weeks & months go by.

I'm hoping by November we won't have to do any. It looks like if you pass the first test you are free of the room and the 5 day test you can play golf.

Lot's of missing details though so it's wait and see.

6 hours ago, Ping Pong said:

I'm hoping by November we won't have to do any. It looks like if you pass the first test you are free of the room and the 5 day test you can play golf.

Lot's of missing details though so it's wait and see.

As the year rolls on we are all waiting to see how things develop.

• 3 weeks later...

66ECDF4E-B633-4A5B-B1E9-615EC2985728.jpegC38053AA-0A85-48BA-BB1D-2AC1C0F506FB.jpeg3543CE10-EE3B-4992-8C58-D4857100FED7.jpeg80CA82C0-CE82-47B4-8C9C-1B6ACF0787B3.jpeg832C8FF0-8F66-4C0E-A6B4-348CC5D45011.jpeg5B18103B-12A0-4042-962F-5DE659EC05B4.jpeg

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• 4 weeks later...
On 19/02/2021 at 21:10, davidge said:

66ECDF4E-B633-4A5B-B1E9-615EC2985728.jpegC38053AA-0A85-48BA-BB1D-2AC1C0F506FB.jpeg3543CE10-EE3B-4992-8C58-D4857100FED7.jpeg80CA82C0-CE82-47B4-8C9C-1B6ACF0787B3.jpeg832C8FF0-8F66-4C0E-A6B4-348CC5D45011.jpeg5B18103B-12A0-4042-962F-5DE659EC05B4.jpeg

England didn't make the short list!!! We might now with the vaccine roll out.

• 1 month later...