IGNORED

Cloudflare is the problem

tko

Every time I get the 522 errors I try to open another site that uses the Bangkok Cloudflare server, and they're also getting 522 errors.  But Cloudflare insists their server is working, it's just all the sites that use it have the same errors at the same time.  What a coincidence. :wink:

• 1 month later...

in the last few days, PA has been nearly unusable for me. 80% of page loads get an "error 522". 
am i the only one having this problem? 

every time i write an answer, i have to copy it to the clipboard and then normally reload the page a few times until it actually goes through. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

I’ve had no issues in the last couple of days.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

58 minutes ago, davidge said:

I’ve had no issues in the last couple of days.

mhmm, ok. 
this is how it looks for me: 

image.thumb.png.49c08cda38b03bb6504e1f23105140c7.png

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

if the page works, it loads quickly and 0 problems. 
but this status alternates with the situation where every page load results in an error 522. reloads don't solve this. then 2-3 minutes later, it works again, then 1-2 minutes later it's time for error 522... and so on.

1 minute ago, petehoax said:

mhmm, ok. 
this is how it looks for me: 

image.thumb.png.49c08cda38b03bb6504e1f23105140c7.png

Yes, I get that from time to time but not in the last couple of days.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

did some more testing. 
it seems it's related to my connection here in pattaya (via hotel wifi). 
i don't seem to get errors when i browse via mobile connection and also not if i use a VPN. so that's what i will do going forward. 

Edited by petehoax

Cloudflare Bangkok has been havIng problems. Best to use an internet connection that doesn’t default to BKK Cloudflare (VPN outside Thailand, or mobile provider that routes elsewhere.)

E7D7801B-509A-47AB-BE2A-CFCED5CB07B1.thumb.jpeg.762a0f308d14f45229355c9785d8c886.jpeg

• Thanks 2

Not had any issues 

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

I would ever be on this forum without going through VPN.

• 1 month later...

This can be a nasty problem and hard to debug but usually it has to do with the following:

• the connection between cloudflare and the forum is down, in that case everybody around the world would see the same page as shown by @petehoax
  • the internet connection you are using has it's own local proxy (hotel wifi does this a lot) which means they will not connect to cloudflare (which connects to the forum) and will return the page they have from their cache. If at some time the connection between cloudflare and the forum was down and that page was cached in the hotel wifi proxy you will get the page as shown above while the forum is not down at all.

My advice is usually to check the page from a different connection:

• tether with your phone
  • enable the chrome lite option on your phone to connect through a different route (chrome lite == compression proxy owned by Google (simplified...)