IGNORED

Actual situation in Samui (ie Lamai)

flioflop

Could anyone please give a little report about the momentary situation on Samui? (Chaweng and Lamai)

Lots of people?

Enough pay6 ladies?

Weather?

What happened to "Cheap Charly's" bungalows?

etc. etc.

Thanx :Insanity:

Sorry, I like Koh Phangan & Koh Tao better. Good luck though. Hope you find some honeys and make a great TR!

Eat. Down. South.

• 1 year later...

Seems that many BM only hit Pattaya and not often combine Pats with other destinations during their trips which i always do! Will head for Samui next songkran trip 2011 for 1,5 week and then go Pats for 1 week

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

Seems that many BM only hit Pattaya and not often combine Pats with other destinations during their trips which i always do! Will head for Samui next songkran trip 2011 for 1,5 week and then go Pats for 1 week

I always combine my Pattaya trips with Samui and Phuket.

Koh Samui always had a special place in my heart, but the recent years of tourist overexploitation and nature destruction especially in and around Chaweng Beach has made me shorten my stays here from 2 months a trip down to 10 days this year.

I still love the beach at Chaweng and after Songkran in April it's pretty quiet and relaxing and usually has a cool breeze blowing in from the sea in the afternoon.

P4260908 - Kopia.jpg

Worst nuisance for me in Chaweng are the very aggresive and annoying "timeshare bandits" that hunts you on their motorbikes and constantly hassles you when you walk along the beach road!:mad:

The bahtbus drivers asking for rediculous expensive fares from foreigners comes in a very close second place!

Plahgat

Edited by plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

I always combine my Pattaya trips with Samui and Phuket.

Koh Samui always had a special place in my heart, but the recent years of tourist overexploitation and nature destruction especially in and around Chaweng Beach has made me shorten my stays here from 2 months a trip down to 10 days this year.

I still love the beach at Chaweng and after Songkran in April it's pretty quiet and relaxing and usually has a cool breeze blowing in from the sea in the afternoon.

P4260908 - Kopia.jpg

Worst nuisance for me in Chaweng are the very aggresive and annoying "timeshare bandits" that hunts you on their motorbikes and constantly hassles you when you walk along the beach road!:mad:

The bahtbus drivers asking for rediculous expensive fares from foreigners comes in a very close second place!

Plahgat

Indeed, the hassles on the beach are a turn off on many beaches. That's why i prefer Wongamat beach over Jomtien beach in pattaya as you can't sit quiet for 5 minutes without being spoken to by a beachvendor in jomtien!

For Samui i was thinking about Lamai beach due to the larger barscene and less clubs. As for the bahtbusses I never use them in Phuket or Samui, they are just a rip off, always rent a motorbike much cheaper and easier in use!

Edited by themosch

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

Indeed, the hassles on the beach are a turn off on many beaches. That's why i prefer Wongamat beach over Jomtien beach in pattaya as you can't sit quiet for 5 minutes without being spoken to by a beachvendor in jomtien!

For Samui i was thinking about Lamai beach due to the larger barscene and less clubs. As for the bahtbusses I never use them in Phuket or Samui, they are just a rip off, always rent a motorbike much cheaper and easier in use!

The beachvendors are not so much a hassle for me as I always avoid talking to them and they just move on, they are not as many in Chaweng Beach anyway, especially just after Songkran when many has gone home to celebrate the holidays.

The beach is one of the few places in Chaweng nowadays where I can relax and be alone, walking along Beach Road you are constantly harassed by farang Timeshare bandits that comes up to you on their motorbikes sometimes blocking your way,

even if you avoid looking at them and ignore them and just keep on walking they'll shout and through insults at you as you walk away!

After been hustled by them so many times I have sometimes voiced my opinion what I think of them, and many of them now recognices me and hurls abuses at me and gives me the finger whenever they see me!

Last year two young british lads kept on following me on their bike, and when they didn't manage to get my attention they drove up in front of me to block my way and even warned me of bad things that might happen if I didn't listen to them!:o

They also hunts for you inside shops and waits for you outside 7/11s!:Hair_Out1:

Only day that you can walk around and feel relaxed is on Sundays because the bandits have a day off!

Add to that all the Nepal taylors, massage-ladies and other vendors, that tries to get your attention it's not a pleasant place anymore! :unsure:

If it wasn't for the beach and the nice bargirls I probably wouldn't have stopped by in Chaweng and Koh Samui anymore!

Plahgat

Edited by plahgat

When no money... she no give honey!