IGNORED

Get second year of ED Visa without leaving Thailand?

Mua

Hello Guys,

I am under 50 years old and currently on a ED Visa which is valid till April. I got that after I came in to Thailand last year in April. I always attended all classes and will attend them in the future, so I am not someone who wants to abuse this Visa.
My question is, if I can get a second year of ED Visa for Thai Language without leaving Thailand?

I am confused as some Agencies and schools say "No, its not possible as I have to leave the country and come back to convert from TR to ED" and some Visa agencies and Language schools say "If I get a a letter from my current school which states that I only studied to Beginner Level they can accept me to a advanced Thai class without leaving the country due this current Covid Situation the government will make exceptions and convert ED to ED Visa."  Btw it is a non formal Language school and Not a University. 

I am skeptical if this is really legal and allowed to do so. Some Visa agencies just said to me "Up to you, but we can do" when I started to questioning many things about how it's legally done without leaving the country. 
Does anyone know about that rules and if this is legal? I don't want to do anything against Thai Laws and don't want to get scammed over with a financial loss and possibly a legal problem with authorities if random Visa checks outside happens or when I leave the country sometime in the future.

Please forgive me my English if I made some mistakes, as I am from Switzerland.

50 minutes ago, Mua said:

Language schools say "If I get a a letter from my current school which states that I only studied to Beginner Level they can accept me to a advanced Thai class without leaving the country due this current Covid Situation the government will make exceptions and convert ED to ED Visa.

I think you answered the question already.