IGNORED

What is a Political joke?

qqwert

I have been sent here due to a picture of Boris Johnson and his girlfriend and her threatening to use a strap on if he doesn't ban Monopoly at Christmas.
A very weak political reference more of a Covid joke than a political joke.
So, to be classed as a political joke is it mentioning a politician, a political party or a way of life-Capitalist or Communist for example?

What if I had put the joke into the Covid section would that have been okay?
What if I had changed the people in the picture to members of The British Royal Family? Nothing in the RULES to ban that?

I'm not trying to be flippant but I do think that politics cover a very wide spectrum and from time to time I think the line will be crossed.

I have attached a few examples, are these all banned?

Recently I heard the former mayor of Reading, Pennsylvania, 
recount some funny stories about his time in office. One happened while he was running for re-election; he was in a bar and paid for a 
woman’s drink. She thanked him but wondered why a stranger had 
bought her a beer. “I’m running for mayor,” he told her, “and I want your vote.” “You got it,” she said, grabbing her glass. “Anyone’s better than the jerk who’s in there now.” James Landis, 
Lancaster, Pennsylvania

If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one? Abraham Lincoln

I have left orders to be awakened at any time in case of a national emergency—even if I’m in a Cabinet meeting. —Ronald Reagan

The huge backlog in the doctor's waiting room was taking its toll. Patients were glancing at their watches and getting restless. Finally one man walked to the receptionist's station and tapped on the glass. She slid back the window back, saying, "Sir, you'll have to wait your turn."
"I just had a question," he said dryly, "Is George W. Bush still President?"

Moses was walking down the street when he bumped into George W. Bush. "Hello," Bush said. "Nice weather we're having, huh?" Moses took one look at the President, turned, and ran in the other direction.

The next day Moses was walking down the same street and there was Bush. Again he tried to initiate a conversation. Again Moses turned and ran away.

Bush was tired of this bizarre treatment, so the next time Moses ran away from him, Bush followed. When he caught up, he asked Moses what was wrong.

Moses said, "The last time I talked to a bush I spent 40 years in the desert."

Going back to the joke in question, would it be banned if I had used a picture of the Pope? Well yes according to the RULES it would fall under rule 2 (h) Religious and/or racial slurs;
So, if this is the case why did I see week after week jokes and pictures about priests, nuns, St Peter and other religious figures?

And staying on this rule why do you allow Irish Jokes?
Definitions of Paddy

n (ethnic slur) offensive term for a person of Irish descent

Synonyms:
Mick, Mickey
Type of:
Irishman
a man who is a native or inhabitant of Ireland
Taken from Vocabulary.com

I do believe that all the Mods in general do a good and a thankless task keeping the forum going, but I do not think that the post I made warrants been sent to Jennys Room and as such I am unable to apologise.

I did mean to point out in the previous post that the jokes I picked were for a reason.

The first joke was a quote from a former mayor where he is inadvertantly insulted by a voter, but could have been changed to be a joke about any polictian including Boris, so would it be banned as the original or only if I changed the name?

Second and third are both quotes from former Presidents who are having a dig at themselves? If I attribute the quote to the President is this okay?

The forth joke is purely a joke about medical waiting times. Is this banned? Or if I changed it to Donald Trump and the fact that he is to leave the Oval Office shortly would this be political?

And last this is purely a religious joke and the George W Bush reference is only there to make it funny, is that banned for been political and as a double wammy it is also banned foir been religious.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been very patient, but is this the level of response I get to my post?

"Oh Dear." and "But your like count goes up."

Not very constructive and very cryptic?

Rule 3) The Forum promotes a “Nice To Be Nice” (N2BN) ethos. This is to promote discussion as well as to protect the integrity of Pattaya-Addicts.com.

Does this rule not apply to Mods and their atitude towards members sent to Jenny's Room?

1 hour ago, qqwert said:

I have been very patient, but is this the level of response I get to my post?

"Oh Dear." and "But your like count goes up."

Not very constructive and very cryptic?

Rule 3) The Forum promotes a “Nice To Be Nice” (N2BN) ethos. This is to promote discussion as well as to protect the integrity of Pattaya-Addicts.com.

Does this rule not apply to Mods and their atitude towards members sent to Jenny's Room?

But you can't follow the other RULES?

I have never broken any of the RULES on purpose. Nor do I ever want to!

I posted a joke that yes it included a polictian but it was the look on his face that was funny and the added voice bubble, have you seen the picture in question? It could have been anyone in the picture but just happened to be Boris.

This led to me been sent to Jenny room and as such meant I have gone through the RULES again and again and led to the question what is a Political Joke?

To me this is a serious question but does not seem to have led to any sort of serious replies from the Mods.

So it leads me to ask again what is classed as a political joke?

I added a few political jokes into my post as allowed by rule 5) Exceptions to all RULES may be made if reporting an offensive, nude, threatening, abusive, racist or unproven accusation. The report will be considered by the Admin/Moderating staff and collectively they will determine whether it constitutes an offence under the RULES and take the appropriate action against the offender. and justified them with my second post.

This also led to my questioning of rule f) Political threads, posts or comments. This rule does not preclude discussion on current affairs in Thailand provided those are in no way related to partisan politics;  where does this say anything on posting a picture of a polictian with a stupid look on their face? To me this rule leaves alot to the imagination.

This rule is a lot clearer h) Religious and/or racial slurs; but as I pointed out jokes about that religion and Irish slurs are allowed?

So to answer your question, yes I do follow the RULES but in all the pictures I have posted a few of them may have bent or broken the RULES but not intentionally.

I do not like been banned or moved to a section where I cannot partake in a forum that I have been a member for nearly 14 years now but I also have to look at the fact that if I apologise for a post I do not believe broke any RULES and then add a post that a Mod dislikes that I could be permanently banned?

You still don’t understand that putting you here was the end of a very long process not a response to a single post.

I’ve just gone back over the last 8 months of your posts and you have made maybe 5 ‘proper’ posts in that time. You’ve made virtually no positive contributions to the forum.

All you seem to do is find random shit on the internet and copy it to the forum - usually in Funny Pics or, occasionally, in The Joke Thread. It’s often in bad taste and rarely funny - neither of these things will get you into trouble.

However, 27 times you have posted something that has broken forum RULES in 8 months. TWENTY SEVEN. Either politics, drugs, racism or other things that are unacceptable. You are very lucky that you only have 5 Warning Points.

You are still arguing now that you’ve done nothing wrong. There’s no chance you’ll be put back on the full forum as long as that happens. 

Now, I’ve said my piece so the Moderator who put you here will continue to deal with you from now on.

I suggest you consider your next post very carefully.

• Like 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Over the last 8 months the World has been a bit preoccupied with Covid.

This meant that making plans to visit Thailand and post trip reports have had to take a back seat which has been shown by the reduced traffic on this site, so members have posted in other parts of the forum, yes I posted alot in the Funny pictures thread first to help me cope with Covid restrictions and by the likes received I believed cheered up other peoples days as well.

As to you finding them in bad taste and not funny other people did including another Mod who on quite a few occassions within 24 hours of me posting a picture reposted the same picture.

As to 5 "proper posts" in this time I do dispute this but as I am unable to access my posts I am unable to prove this.

I have never said that I have not done anything wrong, all I have asked in my original post and all the other posts were for clarification on what is classed as a political joke?

To me this is a simple question but it seems I am unable to get a simple reply, so to end this.

I appologise for breaking the RULES and I will no longer make any posts that can be viewed as breaking the RULES.

The no politics rule was put in place to prevent the forum turning into a shitfest, which it inevitably did whenever politics was involved, so we took the harsh but simple action of banning it. No big deal as the main focus of PA has always been shagging TGs in Pattaya.

The issue with you is the amount of posts that go over the edge and the fact that we have on many occasions spoken to you about it. In fact you have only just replied to me in a PM I sent in November asking you to be aware of the RULES regarding politics and drugs when posting. You replying now, asking to be let back in because you have 'apologised' is indicative of your attitude towards these RULES. Rather than reply at the time to my pm, which politely asked you to stop and indicated that if you didn't sanctions would be applied, you ignored it and only replied now, when those sanctions have actually had to be used. 

Here's the deal, I've read what you've posted re political jokes and I agree. An occasional joke from a BM that crosses the line is one thing. Constantly doing it is another and as such you are now in a position where a joke about George Washington could get you in trouble because of your record. So what is classed for you as a political joke is anything that could be classed as political. You are essentially on parole and could get into serious trouble for something that might be ignored if someone without a record did it.

Also I'm not convinced by your apology, nor am I convinced that when you are allowed out you won't start reporting everything you see as being political in fits of pique. That's something else we don't want to see from you. 

That being said I didn't put you in here so it's not my call, it's just my 2p worth.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Hi Pepe, I thought it was you, are you able to tell me which Mod did?

I do not plan on reporting anything, it's not my style.

I also do not plan on posting in the funny picture section or Joke section again.

Have a look at the warning you received when you got put in here. Does it not say there?

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

I am unable to locate that post, I have checked my messages and it appears to be deleted.

Where else am I supposed to check?

• COVID-19

Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

• Advertise on Pattaya Addicts

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.