IGNORED

Flight cancelled

The Falang

Just received a email from British Airways saying my flight departing June 2021 

returning July2021 has been cancelled. 

I went into - Manage my Booking - and no other flights available.....  + absolutely no joy on telephone... 

Anyone else have this problem?

I had several BA flights cancelled this year. The call centre can be a nightmare at times, but you have until the date of departure to change the flight or get a credit note/refund.

If the flight isn't until July, no need to worry. Plenty of time to see how things play out and rebook nearer the time. 

I also had an email today cancelling my flight home in January. Never used them for Bangkok-London before, I don't suppose I ever will.

57 minutes ago, kimternet said:

I had several BA flights cancelled this year. The call centre can be a nightmare at times, but you have until the date of departure to change the flight or get a credit note/refund.

If the flight isn't until July, no need to worry. Plenty of time to see how things play out and rebook nearer the time. 

I'm just surprised they cancelled when flight is still 6 months away. 

I tried booking several alternative dates and all came back - no flights available on your dates -.

Why can't they say - No flights available until further notice - !!!! 

Mai pen rai :rolleyes:

48 minutes ago, Gone-east said:

I also had an email today cancelling my flight home in January. Never used them for Bangkok-London before, I don't suppose I ever will.

That's more serious, IF you need to be home.  I believe they will book you another airline.

(If you can get contact with them)

It looks as if BA have decided not to operate the BKK route until at least November 2021. 

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

1 hour ago, davidge said:

It looks as if BA have decided not to operate the BKK route until at least November 2021. 

Thanks for that info, I typed in a few dates and they were all blank. 

I paid £1133 for premium economy, seeing as BA cancelled and i can rebook other date or get voucher/refund . What do you think chances are i could get same price for changing flight to December depart January return? 2021

17 minutes ago, The Falang said:

Thanks for that info, I typed in a few dates and they were all blank. 

I paid £1133 for premium economy, seeing as BA cancelled and i can rebook other date or get voucher/refund . What do you think chances are i could get same price for changing flight to December depart January return? 2021

I think it’s impossible to predict what will happen to flight prices or when things start to get back to normal. Personally, I’d just get a refund so I knew I had the money back. I’m not booking anything for a while as everything is just too uncertain. I assume that any rebooking would be subject to paying any difference in fare anyway??? 

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

3 hours ago, davidge said:

I think it’s impossible to predict what will happen to flight prices or when things start to get back to normal. Personally, I’d just get a refund so I knew I had the money back. I’m not booking anything for a while as everything is just too uncertain. I assume that any rebooking would be subject to paying any difference in fare anyway??? 

I will hang fire for a while, the booking conditions were that i could change dates or 

destination incurring no charges. So If Thailand does not open up next year I will reluctantly 

head to Colombia, Philippines or similar.