IGNORED

Honda PCX Hybrid 2020

Yabusaki

On 17/12/2020 at 06:21, 1500B said:

That is true... but probably of little significance. A TG on the back is around 50KG. A fully loaded top box is probably 6-7 KG including the box itself.

A top box is one of those things that the OP can figure he needs or doesn't based on riding around for a month or two before deciding.

For the OP, riding with a passenger will affect, particularly your braking distance. And your handling somewhat. It is definitely recommended to ride without a pillion until you have some experience and competence. Once you have that, so some practice rides in quiet areas before tackling busy streets and small, crowded Sois.

Most TG's will have lots of experience. For anyone that doesn't, just tell them to NOT do anything special - they can just sit there and let you do the riding - just like a top box. 

Greetings,

Thanks for the video! 

• Like 1

Hang Loose, mongoose!

Greetings,

Once again, I want to thank all the contributors for your insightful information and helpful advice from bottom of my heart! I hope someday we could meet in person so I can show my gratitude! Thank you very much!

• Like 1

Hang Loose, mongoose!

https://www.youtube.com/c/DanDanTheFireman

https://www.youtube.com/user/motorman857

these two guys provide instruction, demonstration and analysis of basic to advanced riding skills... for English speakers primarily... hope this helps... they also endorse other two wheel sites...

• Like 2

Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once.

On 13/12/2020 at 23:42, Yabusaki said:

Greetings,

Tomorrow, I'll be starting 10 hours of motorbike training and defensive driving course given by Pattaya Driving School! 

I’m curious. How many hours were spent on the bike, and how many in a different type of instruction?

Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once.

The Sculptor,

The instructions are not scheduled or standardized, It all depends on your ability and experience on a motorbike! So far, I had same instructor and he's experienced, knowledgeable and able to speak English! They have a very large enclosed track with various straight ways, turns and uphill! I highly recommend this school for learning how to ride safely on a motorbike! Afterwards, you'll be competent enough to take the driving test with additional practice on your own!

• Like 3

Hang Loose, mongoose!

59 minutes ago, Yabusaki said:

The Sculptor,

The instructions are not scheduled or standardized, It all depends on your ability and experience on a motorbike! So far, I had same instructor and he's experienced, knowledgeable and able to speak English! They have a very large enclosed track with various straight ways, turns and uphill! I highly recommend this school for learning how to ride safely on a motorbike! Afterwards, you'll be competent enough to take the driving test with additional practice on your own!

Does the instructor teach all the time? I have read about another report (about another driving school) where the "lessons" were the instructor handed you a bike, told you to practice on your own, and he was on his phone all the time. 

Can you elaborate more on the lessons? I'm seriously thinking of doing the same thing. Getting bored here, gotta do something with my time

24 minutes ago, wadman said:

Does the instructor teach all the time? I have read about another report (about another driving school) where the "lessons" were the instructor handed you a bike, told you to practice on your own, and he was on his phone all the time. 

Can you elaborate more on the lessons? I'm seriously thinking of doing the same thing. Getting bored here, gotta do something with my time

Greetings,

No, the instructor is riding with you in the beginning and giving you instructions. Afterwards, when you're riding by yourself he's constantly monitoring you and giving additional instructions. During 6 hours of instructions, I never saw him playing with his cellphones. But twice, the instructions were interrupted by other students learning to drive and park the automobiles correctly and he was monitoring with other teachers temporarily! During that time, I was driving around the course practicing what I have learned on that day! Occasionally, I was sharing the track with other students but the track is big enough for you to drive around safely!

Hang Loose, mongoose!

2 hours ago, Yabusaki said:

Greetings,

No, the instructor is riding with you in the beginning and giving you instructions. Afterwards, when you're riding by yourself he's constantly monitoring you and giving additional instructions. During 6 hours of instructions, I never saw him playing with his cellphones. But twice, the instructions were interrupted by other students learning to drive and park the automobiles correctly and he was monitoring with other teachers temporarily! During that time, I was driving around the course practicing what I have learned on that day! Occasionally, I was sharing the track with other students but the track is big enough for you to drive around safely!

Greetings,

Also, it all depends how independent you want to be during instruction, if you want instructor to sit back of you and constantly giving you instructions, he'll do it but I wanted instructions in the beginning, observe and follow through while driving around myself! It's up to you, how you want to learn about riding motorbikes in Pattaya!

• Like 2

Hang Loose, mongoose!