IGNORED

Thailand to extend tourist visas to 45 days

Leo_Bia

Thailand to extend tourist visas to 45 days from 30 days to attract more foreigners
By Pattaya MailDecember 7, 2020

Chaturon Chaiyakham, deputy director-general of the Consular Affairs Department, said the Foreign Affairs Ministry is working on measures to attract foreign visitors.
The Thai government’s business easing committee will propose the government extend the validity of tourist visas to 45 days from 30 days to attract visitors.

National Security Council Secretary-general Gen Nathapol Nakpanit in his capacity as the director of the committee discussed with committee members the idea as well as COVID-19 situation in Mae Sai district of Chiang Rai province.

After the meeting, Chaturon Chaiyakham, deputy director-general of the Consular Affairs Department, said the prime minister ordered the Foreign Affairs Ministry to work out measures to attract visitors.

The 45-day tourist visa idea will apply to visitors from the 56 countries where Thailand has granted 30-day visa upon arrival, in order to make up for 14-day quarantine.

Mr Chaturon said the idea was aimed at stimulating the economy and expected to double the number of monthly visitors to 20,000 as the committee was confident that the Public Health Ministry was able to contain COVID-19.

https://www.pattayamail.com/thailandnews/thailand-to-extend-tourist-visas-to-45-days-from-30-days-to-attract-more-foreigners-336721

• Like 1

Which countries get a visa on arrival now? I thought all countries need to apply for the visa before getting the COE?

A tourist visa was always 60 days, a visa waiver was only 30.

11 minutes ago, WhiteThai said:

Which countries get a visa on arrival now? I thought all countries need to apply for the visa before getting the COE?

A tourist visa was always 60 days, a visa waiver was only 30.

Just another click bait amongst the zillion already posted? Wheater the storm buddy; our time will come...and so will we :GoodNews1:

Edited by Kandinski
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Kandinski said:

Double clicked:Anger:

Edited by Kandinski

• 2 weeks later...

Another TIT attempt.

it will work for me if they keep it when tourism is back to normal. 

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

• 2 months later...
On 07/12/2020 at 16:02, Leo_Bia said:

Thailand to extend tourist visas to 45 days from 30 days to attract more foreigners
By Pattaya MailDecember 7, 2020

Chaturon Chaiyakham, deputy director-general of the Consular Affairs Department, said the Foreign Affairs Ministry is working on measures to attract foreign visitors.
The Thai government’s business easing committee will propose the government extend the validity of tourist visas to 45 days from 30 days to attract visitors.

National Security Council Secretary-general Gen Nathapol Nakpanit in his capacity as the director of the committee discussed with committee members the idea as well as COVID-19 situation in Mae Sai district of Chiang Rai province.

After the meeting, Chaturon Chaiyakham, deputy director-general of the Consular Affairs Department, said the prime minister ordered the Foreign Affairs Ministry to work out measures to attract visitors.

The 45-day tourist visa idea will apply to visitors from the 56 countries where Thailand has granted 30-day visa upon arrival, in order to make up for 14-day quarantine.

Mr Chaturon said the idea was aimed at stimulating the economy and expected to double the number of monthly visitors to 20,000 as the committee was confident that the Public Health Ministry was able to contain COVID-19.

https://www.pattayamail.com/thailandnews/thailand-to-extend-tourist-visas-to-45-days-from-30-days-to-attract-more-foreigners-336721

I'm thinking towards the second half of the year if quarantine is still required I'll bite the bullet, my plan would be 15 nights quarantine and 21 more nights in Pattaya, total 36 nights. So the question I have is have the rules changed from pre Covid, instead of having 30 days upon arrival someone like me now has 45 days? In other words do I need to apply for a tourist visa? Forgive me now if this is a dumb ass question looking at your post above but I've come across other websites which are all giving contradicting results, maybe they haven't been updated. One that I read is that when I'd arrive I get 30 days and not until after I do the quarantine that I get the additional 15 days, how the hell does that work, as in stamping my passport?

So basically what I'm asking is I want to travel to Thailand for 36 nights, do I need to apply for a visa?

Thanks in advance

24 minutes ago, Rambo2201 said:

I'm thinking towards the second half of the year if quarantine is still required I'll bite the bullet, my plan would be 15 nights quarantine and 21 more nights in Pattaya, total 36 nights. So the question I have is have the RULES changed from pre Covid, instead of having 30 days upon arrival someone like me now has 45 days? In other words do I need to apply for a tourist visa? Forgive me now if this is a dumb ass question looking at your post above but I've come across other websites which are all giving contradicting results, maybe they haven't been updated. One that I read is that when I'd arrive I get 30 days and not until after I do the quarantine that I get the additional 15 days, how the hell does that work, as in stamping my passport?

So basically what I'm asking is I want to travel to Thailand for 36 nights, do I need to apply for a visa?

Thanks in advance

Must admit - sometimes I think that 20 hours of travelling door to door for ten nights in Pattaya is a bit too much.  I admire you for accepting approaching 400 hours to get to Pattaya for 21 nights

Edited by mattmoore1965x

21 minutes ago, mattmoore1965x said:

Must admit - sometimes I think that 20 hours of travelling door to door for ten nights in Pattaya is a bit too much.  I admire you for accepting approaching 400 hours to get to Pattaya for 21 nights

I've spent the last year watching either Judge Judy or Deadliest Catch for 14 hours a day, 15 days quarantine will be a piece of piss, especially knowing what's at the end of it waiting for me. Now if I could just find out if I need to apply for a visa beforehand or not.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rambo2201 said:

I'm thinking towards the second half of the year if quarantine is still required I'll bite the bullet, my plan would be 15 nights quarantine and 21 more nights in Pattaya, total 36 nights. So the question I have is have the RULES changed from pre Covid, instead of having 30 days upon arrival someone like me now has 45 days? In other words do I need to apply for a tourist visa? Forgive me now if this is a dumb ass question looking at your post above but I've come across other websites which are all giving contradicting results, maybe they haven't been updated. One that I read is that when I'd arrive I get 30 days and not until after I do the quarantine that I get the additional 15 days, how the hell does that work, as in stamping my passport?

Thanks in advance

No... Only 60 days or more need to apply for visa. The new 45 day visa will be stamped on arrival. The extra 15 days is just to compensate you for your quarantine time. Dam to spend 15 days in quarantine for only a 21 day stay is a toss up for me

At almost 2k USD for the quarantine and covid tests and the like...will be like adding 100 bucks to Ur daily spend. 

I'm not knocking it, judge Judy does get a bit tiresome. Sometimes it's more about ones mental health than the $$$ :High5:

12 hours ago, DPH18 said:

No... Only 60 days or more need to apply for visa. The new 45 day visa will be stamped on arrival. The extra 15 days is just to compensate you for your quarantine time. Dam to spend 15 days in quarantine for only a 21 day stay is a toss up for me

Thanks for confirming that for me. Actually just before I logged in here I found on a Thai visa website that the 15 day extension is valid only until the end of September 2021, a part of me would like to think does that mean they predict that normal service will resume by then, but then I remembered TIT, don't dwell on it.

My trips are normally just 21 days anyway so the way I was looking at it after the quarantine it would just be like a normal holiday, albeit a quieter one. I live alone, haven't been in a pub/bar for a year and just been interacting with my friends via WhatsApp. As I'm typing this I'm looking out the window at wind and lashing rain, it's only 3pm and already it's starting to get dark, surely 15 nights in a hotel room in Thailand couldn't be much worse.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Greg_B said:

Why not wait an additional 2 months or so and get the vaccination. Then see what RULES apply to that..?

I got a rush of blood the other night and started looking at what's involved in the process in order to get a COE in order to enter Thailand. It looks doable although probably a bit stressful, was just ensuring that if I do go ahead with it that I'm not turned away at gate because I didn't have something as simple as a valid visa.

It's towards the fourth quarter of the year I'd be looking at, I expect to be vaccinated by then and the world to be somewhat reopened, but this is Thailand we're dealing with and if they're still doing the bollox and making travel hard I'd start the process, I really couldn't face another winter staying at home. I have zero interest in traveling to any of the sun spots, it would have to be Thailand or nothing.

12 hours ago, Olderhand said:

At almost 2k USD for the quarantine and covid tests and the like...will be like adding 100 bucks to Ur daily spend. 

I'm not knocking it, judge Judy does get a bit tiresome. Sometimes it's more about ones mental health than the $$$ :High5:

I know, I hear ya, as I say I found a couple of places for about 27000 baht, all in....... they're are people that spend that on a bloody phone lol

1 hour ago, Rambo2201 said:

Thanks for confirming that for me. Actually just before I logged in here I found on a Thai visa website that the 15 day extension is valid only until the end of September 2021, a part of me would like to think does that mean they predict that normal service will resume by then, but then I remembered TIT, don't dwell on it.

My trips are normally just 21 days anyway so the way I was looking at it after the quarantine it would just be like a normal holiday, albeit a quieter one. I live alone, haven't been in a pub/bar for a year and just been interacting with my friends via WhatsApp. As I'm typing this I'm looking out the window at wind and lashing rain, it's only 3pm and already it's starting to get dark, surely 15 nights in a hotel room in Thailand couldn't be much worse.

I hear you. Every man has a breaking point. I'm just to cheap and stubborn to pay a extra $2,000 USD just to sit in a room and watch K-Pop videos and Korean soaps for 15 days (Joking), Especially with the baht so  dam strong. Have you looked into other options, there are a couple good threads from guys doing the Dominican republic and South America trips.

Darkness at 3:00pm this time of year, where the hell are you, Siberia....

• 3 months later...

I also just read the 45 day VOA ends in September. I had a 30 day return flight booked but changed the return flight to 43 days. This is for December/January.

Now rather than having the hassle of COE I suppose my best bet, nearer the time is to book a flight to and have a few days in Cambodia or Vietnam? 

And keep my fingers crossed they extend the 45 day VOA :ThankGod1: