Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Motorbike License

Yabusaki

Does anyone know of a good agent who's available? 6 months ago I checked with Tik Tok and they said they can get it done for me for 3,500 THB. I want it now, but Im unable to get a reply from them. Maybe they've stopped operating. Any other agents I can check with?

1 hour ago, masterslayer169 said:

Does anyone know of a good agent who's available? 6 months ago I checked with Tik Tok and they said they can get it done for me for 3,500 THB. I want it now, but Im unable to get a reply from them. Maybe they've stopped operating. Any other agents I can check with?

I used TicTok Services around November.

I do seem to recall they were shut down for a few months due to covid.

They were great as I used them to get my auto and motorcycle license for 5000 baht total.

Here is there weblink and phone number 0988418788.

I contacted them on FB messenger and they responded within 15 minutes.

5 hours ago, LASportsNut said:

I used TicTok Services around November.

I do seem to recall they were shut down for a few months due to covid.

They were great as I used them to get my auto and motorcycle license for 5000 baht total.

Here is there weblink and phone number 0988418788.

I contacted them on FB messenger and they responded within 15 minutes.

Thanks, have pinged them on Facebook now. 

Do they actually procure the Licences (old school)?

or merely chauffeur you the offices and steer you through the queues

When I last renewed my licence I was sitting next to a guy who paid an agent. They just checked his paperwork, drove him there, helped with the form filling and waited for him. He did the tests etc himself.

Maybe some value if you needed transport (it's quite a long way) but not good value to my mind. 

3 hours ago, biggles said:

When I last renewed my licence I was sitting next to a guy who paid an agent. They just checked his paperwork, drove him there, helped with the form filling and waited for him. He did the tests etc himself.

Maybe some value if you needed transport (it's quite a long way) but not good value to my mind. 

My agent filled out all the paperwork, got the certificates of residency from immigration, got the doctors certificate without me, picked me up at the condo, drove me to the place, and drove me home. Yes, I had to say yellow or green, press the brake pedal when the red light came on, and align the two posts for the depth perception test, but that was it.

Totally worth it for me.

fwiw, all agents that i contacted told me they're currently not able to help you if you don't have a license (from your home country) at all. if you have one from your home country, it's possible, but without that, they can't do it. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

Did my licence renewals today and used Mots services to get them done.

All the paperwork etc done for you and their staff walk you through anything you need to do at the office.

All up this morning was 1 test, colour recognition only and that was it.

Highly recommended

• Like 3

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

All a very far cry from the good old days when you commissioned your 'agent' (usually a cop) and picked up you driving license(s) next day from him

If you don't have a bike endorsed licence and IDP from your own country then you have to do the riding test as well as those mentioned. Might be why the agents can't help at this time. 

16 hours ago, Smeghead76 said:

Did my licence renewals today and used Mots services to get them done.

All the paperwork etc done for you and their staff walk you through anything you need to do at the office.

All up this morning was 1 test, colour recognition only and that was it.

Highly recommended

Can you link me to Mots? Or can anyone recommend an agency?

@LASportsNut I think Tik Tok has shut down? Unable to contact them anywhere. 

7 hours ago, masterslayer169 said:

Facebook Mots Services

15 hours ago, masterslayer169 said:

Tik Tok is not shut down, a friend of mine used them to renew his DL 2 weeks ago 

Edited by logboy
Error

1 hour ago, logboy said:

Tik Tok is not shut down, a friend of mine used them to renew his DL 2 weeks ago 

Yeah, last update on their facebook is 10 days ago. So maybe they've taken a break or something. Lets see. 

10 hours ago, frantick said:

Facebook Mots Services

Spoke to them today. They said I need to go with them twice. First to make an appointment this week, and next to watch a 1 hour video. But they said there's a 1 month waiting period and I can only get my license next month. Is it true?

12 minutes ago, masterslayer169 said:

Spoke to them today. They said I need to go with them twice. First to make an appointment this week, and next to watch a 1 hour video. But they said there's a 1 month waiting period and I can only get my license next month. Is it true?

I have no idea the current requirements or your situation. Good luck. 

1 hour ago, masterslayer169 said:

The going two times is true.

This was changed during Covid to reduce the number of people standing in a cue all day.

As for the month wait... Well I did my first appointment last friday 23/03/22 and got my second appointment for 28/03/22.

The other 2 guys I was with got there's later this week or early next week.

23 hours ago, Smeghead76 said:

The going two times is true.

This was changed during Covid to reduce the number of people standing in a cue all day.

As for the month wait... Well I did my first appointment last friday 23/03/22 and got my second appointment for 28/03/22.

The other 2 guys I was with got there's later this week or early next week.

Weird. This is the same Mots.....

On 31/03/2022 at 11:37, masterslayer169 said:

Weird. This is the same Mots.....

Yep.

I think they say a month to manage expectations as some people have had to wait that long previously.

On 02/04/2022 at 07:43, 1500B said:

What is their price?

To renew both motorcycle and car I paid 5k

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I come up with a slightly different question but dt want to open a thread for it.

After 14 years occasionally riding a motorbike in Thailand without a driving license and any problems I got finally trapped in a police control. I have to admit that I did a major mistake and took Beach Road  back on my way to Pratamnak Hill. It is fatal to do this midday because everybody knows that Pattaya Police station is located there and everybody knows that they control almost every day every farang on motorbike passing them. 

I have to say that the process itself was very well organised. Everything went smooth an without any bother. I had to walk inside while an officer took care about my bike. After 5 minutes I was out with 500 bath less in my pockets and a paper in my hands in Thai language with a stamp and two signs from other officers on it. Officer outside told me: "Mr when police come show paper no need pay again".  Hmm, seams that this paper works like a replacement driver's license...

And now to my question: Does anybody know how long this "document" is valid. Lifetime, for my holidays or just for the day it was issued?

^ In the U.S. it's same day only.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

22 hours ago, Kannikar said:

And now to my question: Does anybody know how long this "document" is valid. Lifetime, for my holidays or just for the day it was issued?

Just on that day.