IGNORED

Motorbike License

Yabusaki

12 hours ago, regyai said:

C19 has become the workshy's charter, and the magic word for excusing cost cutting/profiteering

It's also quite a killer and not finished yet.

1 hour ago, Dutcher said:

But you mentioned that you needed to do the full exam?

I could exchange my Dutch car driving license, together with a International Driver's Permit I got in Holland, for a Thai one, with only a few simple tests (color recognition, reaction time, depth perception) and a 45 minute video.

:Agree1:

Same same for me 2½ years ago, when I got my first Thai driver lincenses (Car and Motorbike), no computer test.

I just renewed both of my 2 Thai DL, just had to do the simple tests (color recognition, reaction time, depth perception), no video and no computer test.

I only spended 40 minutes the Land Transportation Office. 

4 hours ago, logboy said:

My accountant used to do this for me. CAn't rcall how much it cost but they sent someone there and they were back shortly with my bike and car license. lol

2 hours ago, Hamchang said:

My accountant used to do this for me. CAn't rcall how much it cost but they sent someone there and they were back shortly with my bike and car license. lol

Have you done this recently or was this in the past?

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/12/2020 at 12:57, Dutcher said:

Have you done this recently or was this in the past?

2015 was the last time. 

On 24/12/2020 at 12:57, logboy said:

:Agree1:

Same same for me 2½ years ago, when I got my first Thai driver lincenses (Car and Motorbike), no computer test.

I just renewed both of my 2 Thai DL, just had to do the simple tests (color recognition, reaction time, depth perception), no video and no computer test.

I was given my Thai auto DL with little problem as I had a valid IDP and US IL DL. I had to do the full monty for the motorbike DL. I had a devil of a time with the ride the board piece. I kept coming off about 3 meters before the end when I touched the brakes before the turn. I eventually got through it all. Now that I have been on a bike for over a year, I can not see how anyone would have a problem with the board. :Dunno:

I need to review both licenses next year. This will be my first renewal. Anybody know if it is less of a hassle to renew the two of them together? I plan to go for the 5 year version. 

1 hour ago, ChiFlyer said:

I was given my Thai auto DL with little problem as I had a valid IDP and US IL DL. I had to do the full monty for the motorbike DL. I had a devil of a time with the ride the board piece. I kept coming off about 3 meters before the end when I touched the brakes before the turn. I eventually got through it all. Now that I have been on a bike for over a year, I can not see how anyone would have a problem with the board. :Dunno:

I need to review both licenses next year. This will be my first renewal. Anybody know if it is less of a hassle to renew the two of them together? I plan to go for the 5 year version. 

Very easy to renew both licenses at the same time. I don't think you can renew just one anyway. Remember to go for your renewal after your birthdate, your renewal date, you'll get almost six years before the five year license expires.

Note for people on a tourist visa: you can never renew for more than 2 years at a time. 5 years is only for retirement and other long time visas.

20 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Very easy to renew both licenses at the same time. I don't think you can renew just one anyway. Remember to go for your renewal after your birthdate, your renewal date, you'll get almost six years before the five year license expires.

My renewal dates on the licenses are not my bday, rather they are two years from when each DL was issued. The DLs have different renewal dates.  I am toying with the idea of letting the auto DL expire and renewing both the day after the motorbike DL expires. I think I have up to a year to renew a license without starting over again.

thegrogmonster
6 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

My renewal dates on the licenses are not my bday, rather they are two years from when each DL was issued. The DLs have different renewal dates.  I am toying with the idea of letting the auto DL expire and renewing both the day after the motorbike DL expires. I think I have up to a year to renew a license without starting over again.

Just whatever you do don't let them go past being expired for 1 year. I did this because I forgot to get the right visa before I left Australia and was not able to renew the licences before the 1 year expiry limit.

This meant I had to do both the practical and written tests for both the car and motorbike licences. I don't know why the wouldn't accept my Australian car licence this time around like the first time but had to complete 2 lots of tests for both the car and motorbike. 2 days of my life I will never get back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

My renewal dates on the licenses are not my bday, rather they are two years from when each DL was issued.

If you get the 5 year license, it will expire on your birthday. 2 year is from the date issued.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
23 hours ago, rhodie said:

If you get the 5 year license, it will expire on your birthday. 2 year is from the date issued.

I am on my first set of licenses which are both the 2 year version. I think you have to go 2 year for your first licenses. I intend to apply for the 5 year version when I renew. Anybody know if there is anything different that I need to do for the 5 year version?

10 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

I am on my first set of licenses which are both the 2 year version. I think you have to go 2 year for your first licenses. I intend to apply for the 5 year version when I renew. Anybody know if there is anything different that I need to do for the 5 year version?

2 and 5 requirements the same for me in Kalasin.