IGNORED

Thai Sim

blue1878

10 hours ago, gaz1889 said:

Thanks for the tip.

I loaded the dtac sim again & gave it plenty of time to connect but no joy. Maybe it's dead already. 

I suppose my top ups will still show on my dtac account & I'll be able to use that to buy a package for a new sim next time I'm over there. 

Yep, once they're dead, it's permanent.

Good thinking on not losing those topups.

Well the 14 days jail at the moment sure must be a PIA for those able to travel currently.  Would be even a bigger pain to be locked up without being able to grab a phone...  Suppose the phone booths will be open in Swampy though...

I had to enable my dtac sim for roaming. After that it was no problem to log in outside of Thailand. 

On 07/12/2020 at 06:57, tt2008 said:

This must be something very new as I have bought sim cards all over the world and never had to put in my Apple ID password.

Same. Take the old one out, put the new one in, done. It doesn’t even need to be rebooted. 

I’ve a DTAC sim which I’ve been extending via the App....the fee has recently gone up from 2 to 3 baht per month’s extension, taken from your balance.
Within the App hit ‘Jaidee Day GiveAway’.

Hope that helps someone.

The thread is a few years old; still valid for DTAC dono for the other companies

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2020 at 05:16, Barhop said:

Yep, once they're dead, it's permanent.

Good thinking on not losing those topups.

Well the 14 days jail at the moment sure must be a PIA for those able to travel currently.  Would be even a bigger pain to be locked up without being able to grab a phone...  Suppose the phone booths will be open in Swampy though...

Currently sitting in ASQ jail. No phone booths were open when I landed on the 24th, not sure if that's cause of COVID or because it was Christmas Eve, but it doesn't look like you'd be able to make it to the counter anyways since you're being herded around by the boys in brown the whole time up until you hop into your VIP prisoner wagon. My ASQ did offer to bring me a SIM card from 7-11, but I don't see the point in getting one now. I'll just grab one I want when I get down to Patts. WiFi is working great.

On 07/12/2020 at 07:59, blue1878 said:

I've got a DTAC SIM and Ive always topped up whilst in Thailand.

I also have a DTAC simcard for many years. I connected the DTAC app with my Facebook account so there was no need for enabling the simcard for roaming. THis way I can topup my DTAC account while I am at home. Easy and convenient

Edited by Zauberfee

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap