Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Covid19 Deals On Condos?

tywhatitdo

Hello, I have always considered purchasing a condo in Pattaya but haven't pulled the trigger. I've read some of the real estate threads here as well. I am wondering if there are condos going for really good deals now due to Covid19? Does anyone have any info in regards to this? Is anyone on the ground and checking this stuff out? I would love a condo near the baht bus route and one that has a gym in the building. I'm flexible in regards to all other things. If you know of any resource I could look up as well please let me know. 

Much Appreciated :)

I would also like to know about this.  I would imagine there are lots of people not wanting to continue to pay condo fees without being able to enter the country and also not being able to find any short term renters.

I think everything is cheap in Pattaya right now, including condos. But unless you have boots on the ground you can't find the good deals. Nobody is going to post on the net their lowest price, you need to be there to look and negotiate.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, WhiteThai said:

I think everything is cheap in Pattaya right now, including condos. But unless you have boots on the ground you can't find the good deals. Nobody is going to post on the net their lowest price, you need to be there to look and negotiate.

^^^^ This

Same rules apply in all situations involving desperate people with assets to liquidate.. first one eyeball to eyeball with the big bag of folding, usually gets the prize

I am  in the same boat and can't do anything till there so for now i am just searching the net 

Try Baht and sold to get in contact with a seller direct.

Look at hip flat or my pattaya condo for a general overview.

Try estate agents website and get on the mailing list i get mine from  gecko property. PM me your email address and i will forward the latest one.

Try the developer  for new eg. Grand avenue there will be some resales.

Look at the Buy, sell or rent land, houses and condos thread here.

Here is a thread but the BM really doesn't want to sell the link should take you to a post for  one in same building i can get the details of seller. he might be up for a  discount now ( not on baht bus route but not a far walk)

FYi it is a older  building benefits IMO  more SQM and  no paper thin walls. 

• Like 1

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

I also started thinking the same thing, I've never considered buying in Thailand despite living here for most of the last 16 years. So when it became clear how hard Covid was going to hit Pattaya/Thailand/Global tourism, I thought it would be a great time to grab a cheap sale. Sadly, I don't think it's going to be that realistic, and sales prices are holding on much stronger than us simpletons expected.

I started mentioning it to friends here and found everyone was thinking the exact same thing, and some had already started talking to agents and regularly viewing properties. Despite rental prices dropping considerably, I haven't seen any interesting deals in the 4 months I've been watching the sales market in Pattaya (particularly Pratumnak). THe few units which caught my eye on prices turned out to be a real disappointment in person. There has been the occassional cheap deal and flash sale, but nothing that interesting and with so many likeminded people watching closely  I can see decent properties going super quick.

I have a 3m baht budget for a 2 bed place, but the properties I like the look of are still around 5m. I'm definitely not an expert, but I figure I'll keep watching over the next year, and assuming next high season won't be a prosperous one for Pattaya, hopefully then there'll be more of a property drop. If not I'll continue renting and enjoying the low rental deals. My gut feeling is with the Chinese investing and so many people around the world having a special, undying relationship/obsession with Pattaya, property prices here aren't likely to drop into bargain territory even in a global recession.

One of the agents I speak to told me she has sold 7 units to Chinese buyers in the last 2 months, and so if this is true it's propably influencing sellers to be more patient and stick to their guns.

53 minutes ago, kimternet said:

I also started thinking the same thing, I've never considered buying in Thailand despite living here for most of the last 16 years. So when it became clear how hard Covid was going to hit Pattaya/Thailand/Global tourism, I thought it would be a great time to grab a cheap sale. Sadly, I don't think it's going to be that realistic, and sales prices are holding on much stronger than us simpletons expected.

I started mentioning it to friends here and found everyone was thinking the exact same thing, and some had already started talking to agents and regularly viewing properties. Despite rental prices dropping considerably, I haven't seen any interesting deals in the 4 months I've been watching the sales market in Pattaya (particularly Pratumnak). THe few units which caught my eye on prices turned out to be a real disappointment in person. There has been the occassional cheap deal and flash sale, but nothing that interesting and with so many likeminded people watching closely  I can see decent properties going super quick.

I have a 3m baht budget for a 2 bed place, but the properties I like the look of are still around 5m. I'm definitely not an expert, but I figure I'll keep watching over the next year, and assuming next high season won't be a prosperous one for Pattaya, hopefully then there'll be more of a property drop. If not I'll continue renting and enjoying the low rental deals. My gut feeling is with the Chinese investing and so many people around the world having a special, undying relationship/obsession with Pattaya, property prices here aren't likely to drop into bargain territory even in a global recession.

One of the agents I speak to told me she has sold 7 units to Chinese buyers in the last 2 months, and so if this is true it's propably influencing sellers to be more patient and stick to their guns.

new nordic might meet your needs if company tile is ok https://mailchi.mp/mypattayacondo/new-nordic-offer-07-10-2020?e=da8e83639c

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

From my initial research on real estate in Pattaya and Phuket (from which I concluded that the buy vs. hotel / rent numbers won't work out for me in favor of buying unless I'm able to spend 3-4 months in Thailand per year): a lot of people buy in to Pattaya knowing that their condo might sit on the market for 1-3 years before it sells. With that much of a timeframe, even several months of no tourism isn't going to force a firesale except for a few sellers in desperate circumstances. My guess is that most sellers are just going to sit tight till the flood of foreigners arrives in '21, and hope they'll have better chances then. 

This might be a good time to get a killer deal on a long-term rental situation. 

I just bought a condo last month while living in USA.   Prices are down some but not like crazy fire sale prices.  I think it is good time to buy if you were wanting to buy one.  I agree with others, owners are not desperate to sell.  I think most people who own are not hurting for cash, reason why they are owners in first place.  I went through Alan Bolton.  Because I have been in the store a few times before the pandemic.   I got a place in Pratumnak off Soi 4.  Has partial view of ocean.  One bedroom 72 m2.   All furnished to my liking.   Previous owner used it as a vacation spot, non rental.  I think he was in hurry to sell.. was also an American.  I think the sale was not planned as he left his golf clubs, some boxing gloves and other stuff in the condo which is mine now.     Also the condo fees for the year is 46,000 baht.  Not a huge expense, so I double that be a huge motivator to sell.   It is going to be someone who lost a job or something and needs cash now.  That is who will have a good deal.   It's not once in a lifetime situation like in 2008 in USA after housing crash.  I doubt that will happen with this market with so many interested parties from different parts of the world.  For me, I decided to buy instead of getting a new car. 

My new place.  Can't wait till damn quarantine ends.

80A16A96-E69C-4F68-B181-5BBDB3763365.jpeg

E7232154-1C5D-4496-BDAD-1B48B825FF2A.jpeg

A00FBF9E-CA8A-44C2-8ECE-7055095EF308.jpeg

148100F9-068D-4883-B5F0-7A451DCD5D52.jpeg

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, mike1878 said:

I just bought a condo last month while living in USA.   Prices are down some but not like crazy fire sale prices.  I think it is good time to buy if you were wanting to buy one.  I agree with others, owners are not desperate to sell.  I think most people who own are not hurting for cash, reason why they are owners in first place.  I went through Alan Bolton.  Because I have been in the store a few times before the pandemic.   I got a place in Pratumnak off Soi 4.  Has partial view of ocean.  One bedroom 72 m2.   All furnished to my liking.   Previous owner used it as a vacation spot, non rental.  I think he was in hurry to sell.. was also an American.  I think the sale was not planned as he left his golf clubs, some boxing gloves and other stuff in the condo which is mine now.     Also the condo fees for the year is 46,000 baht.  Not a huge expense, so I double that be a huge motivator to sell.   It is going to be someone who lost a job or something and needs cash now.  That is who will have a good deal.   It's not once in a lifetime situation like in 2008 in USA after housing crash.  I doubt that will happen with this market with so many interested parties from different parts of the world.  For me, I decided to buy instead of getting a new car. 

So you bought a condo without even seeing the unit in person?  Just based on pictures?  Or have you seen the unit/building in previous trips?

25 minutes ago, xtremedude said:

So you bought a condo without even seeing the unit in person?  Just based on pictures?  Or have you seen the unit/building in previous trips?

I knew area and been in building before, but not the unit.  I had a friend go into it and facetime me.   We went through everything, every cabinet, light switch, faucets, furniture, AC's,  tv's... 

but Lee at Alan Bolton offer to do the same also, even drive around the area to while facetiming and walk around the building and show the gym, lobby, parking... so I think it is very doable if someone wanted to do it out of the country. 

Edited by mike1878
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, mike1878 said:

I knew area and been in building before, but not the unit.  I had a friend go into it and facetime me.   We went through everything, every cabinet, light switch, faucets, furniture, AC's,  tv's... 

but Lee at Alan Bolton offer to do the same also, even drive around the area to while facetiming and walk around the building and show the gym, lobby, parking... so I think it is very doable if someone wanted to do it out of the country. 

Excellent.  I thought you bought based just on pictures which would not have been wise.  But it looks like you did your due diligence.  Good luck with your new property.  Just out of curiosity, what sort of discount did you get buying now vs pre covid?

I paid 1.8 mil less than what original owner paid when it was new 8 years ago and 2 mil less than what pre-COVID asking price was.   Supposedly the guy spent extra 1 mil in upgrades which I can see compared to other units.  The bar stool area, the pantry closet, upgrade AC's, TV areas,  TV's themselves I know were not cheap when new, they are 3D types and still has glasses in there.   For my personal tastes it fits me.  I wanted one bedroom with some room so I would not feel like am in hotel room.  I like open floor plan with little wasted space.  I thought about a 2 bedroom, but then I was like how often do I have guest over in general.. and if someone did come better off just go get hotel or find another unit in the building to rent. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/12/2020 at 04:09, talung66 said:

I am  in the same boat and can't do anything till there so for now i am just searching the net 

Try Baht and sold to get in contact with a seller direct.

Look at hip flat or my pattaya condo for a general overview.

Try estate agents website and get on the mailing list i get mine from  gecko property. PM me your email address and i will forward the latest one.

Try the developer  for new eg. Grand avenue there will be some resales.

Look at the Buy, sell or rent land, houses and condos thread here.

Here is a thread but the BM really doesn't want to sell the link should take you to a post for  one in same building i can get the details of seller. he might be up for a  discount now ( not on baht bus route but not a far walk)

FYi it is a older  building benefits IMO  more SQM and  no paper thin walls. 

Seller direct through baht and sold is good idea. I seen a condo for sale in VT6 for 5 million baht through a so called agent and yet the same condo direct through seller was 3.95 million. 

On 05/12/2020 at 04:44, mike1878 said:

Nice place. Imagine if the seller still had spare set of keys and before you got there had let themselves in and had the brass neck to reclaim the golf clubs and boxing gloves lol. 

• 11 months later...
On 25/12/2020 at 09:29, missmoneypenny said:

Seller direct through baht and sold is good idea. I seen a condo for sale in VT6 for 5 million baht through a so called agent and yet the same condo direct through seller was 3.95 million. 

under 4 mill for vt6 seems like a good deal

vt6 is very rentable

I think this would be my choice if I bought in pattaya 

I know you don't get as much sqm as in other places 

but there popular and cheapest us about 1000 per night 

• Like 2

I've been living in Thailand now for 5 months, found many COVID rental deals, zero COVID sales deals.  Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong places, but it seems to me that most owners are sitting on their (many empty) condos. From my view, the condo market crashed because of COVID, but the RE sales market only dipped slightly.

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett