IGNORED

Majestic city retreat hotel Dubai

Emrah

I stayed at the Majestic Tower in Bur Dubai for 4 Nights and I have to say I was quite surprised with the bad level of service at check in however to be honest the other staff did attempt to make every effort to make up for it.

I booked a Suite and I requested a shower cabin however was given a small bathtub with a shower head and when I attempted to use this the water released was a yellow colour !! I was Shocked at a hotel that has high charges for this to happen-maintenance did attend to the situation and explained it was to do with the water tank and filter. So I went back to check in and asked the same lady who checked me in that this has happened and I need to change rooms-she did ask if I had requested this and as I made my booking more than three months ago I specifically requested a shower cabin-the lady at check in was confused and claimed there was no requests made from the travel agent.

Eventually I was moved to a room with a better view and a shower cabin but all of this hassle could of been avoided if the lady at check in listened to what I requested.-I also requested a late check out and she stated the latest is 14.00 which we didn't have a issue with and she claimed it was on the system as our flight departs at 03.30am following day.

Other then this issue the two lady's that worked in the business centre very helpful and attentive and they advised us accordingly with the excursions we booked through them- Good Job.

The water pressure needs to be looked into as the water released isn't the best needs more power-clean room nice and spacious and had everything we needed.

We were called before 14.00 at check out and asked to check out and why we hadn't checked out again another issue with the lady who checked us in perhaps she was confused or intentionally didn't place this into the system .......-I have to say the gentlemen who did our check out was willing to accommodate for the mishap and did everything he could to rectify someone else's mistakes.

Bell boys were great always gave us the best and correct advice.

Overall a OK experience the only downside is the lady who checked us in lets the other staff down who are always willing to go out of their way to make the guests feel welcome-requires more training on Customer Service.