Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Long Term Accomodation in Pattaya (condo,..) : how and where ?

david3615

i have been looking at condominium last year before the pandemic and i am stating to look at it again with the expectation the boarder will open shorthly.

I am looking at either renting it (initially one a 3 months basis or longer)  or buying .

I would like to get some recommendations in terms of

- agency to contact, 

- ideas of location and condomimium

Recently i hear that Bang Saray was a good location, although a bit far from Pattaya.

Thansk in advance

For me, Bang Saray is too far from Pattaya and not enough around there to keep me from getting bored and wanting to drive all the way into Pattaya all the time.  So it would be worth it to me to maybe spend a little more and be in Pattaya.  I don't need to be near the beach or have a view so I would take a serious look at staying on the dark side but that's just me.

It is always going to be better to rent first before buying.  I would never considering buying in an area/building I have not spent at least a couple months in beforehand.

Edited by Kale
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Kale said:

For me, Bang Saray is too far from Pattaya and not enough around there to keep me from getting bored and wanting to drive all the way into Pattaya all the time.  So it would be worth it to me to maybe spend a little more and be in Pattaya.  I don't need to be near the beach or have a view so I would take a serious look at staying on the dark side but that's just me.

It is always going to be better to rent first before buying.  I would never considering buying in an area/building I have not spent at least a couple months in beforehand.

Do you hve agency contacts in PAtatya or recommended website

You really want to try and narrow down the areas you’d consider first, then rent for a month or so to try it out before even considering a long term commitment.

Do you want to be within easy reach of Pattaya?

Do you intend to get your own transport?

Do you want to be ‘in the middle of the action’.

Do you want somewhere much more quiet?

Once you’ve thought about those things, and others, then you can look for an actual condo building. There are larger agents that deal with many buildings and smaller agents that deal with just one building.

If you are on Facebook, look for some of the Pattaya Property groups to get an idea of what’s out there.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I receive a pretty good deal for a short-term rent at Grand Avenue over the New Year period.  I have a couple questions hopefully someone can help me with:

1. How far from the entrance is building C and D ?

2. First floor unit. any disadvantage compared to higher floor ?

Thanks all.

D is very close to entrance, if ground floor prefer building C.

83183993_ScreenShot2020-05-31at10_00.46AMcopy.thumb.png.b0c920acb6413d6746959cae5a2b8b1e.png

23 minutes ago, h.harris said:

2. First floor unit. any disadvantage compared to higher floor ?

Always a higher chance of a break-in with a ground floor unit, especially if there's a sliding door that can be lifted out of its tracks or the glass broken.

I'm not your savior, I'm just a naughty boy.

Thinking of buying there, won't consider 1st or 8th floors, ideally 3-6 would be best. Buy thinking as opposed to rent thinking.

4 minutes ago, jetdoc said:

Thinking of buying there, won't consider 1st or 8th floors, ideally 3-6 would be best. Buy thinking as opposed to rent thinking.

Me too. On the surface, I like this place a lot and would like to purchase a unit here too. Hence I will rent here for a couple months first then will decide if I want to purchase one.

On 29/11/2020 at 22:15, david3615 said:

Recently i hear that Bang Saray was a good location, although a bit far from Pattaya.

As the crow flies, Bang Saray isn't unmanageably  far from Pattaya but that corridor can get really congested on Sundays and holidays, making the trip to Pattaya A CHORE.

It is a peaceful place but as someone else said it appears to have the makings of getting  boring pretty quickly.

I've never looked for any falang products there  but wonder if any shops carry falang  such items.

Check out the YouTube videos Rides4Kickz.  He just did a series of videos for condos he was researching.  He got a fantastic condo at the Grand Avenue for 14k baht per month.  

From your posts I assume you haven't had much experience of living in Pattaya (or long term stays). I would 100% not rush into buying anything at this time, especially if that is the case. There are several different areas of Pattaya (and Chonburi) and each can offer a different vibe and lifestyle. There are so many options: Naklua, North & Central Pattaya, South Pattaya, Pratumnak, Jomtien, East Pattya, Huai Yai and then all the surrounding towns like Bang Saray, Rayong etc..

Right now it's a renters market, there are so many cheap rental deals and you have the negotiating power. The sales market hasn't fallen in the same way, and apart form the occassional flash sale, the sales prices seem to be close to pre-covid, with every chance they will drop over the next 24 months.

If you are serious about buying I would highly recomment trying several rental options , maybe aim for 4 x 3 month rentals, trying a different area each time. Do lots of research, give each area you try at least 1 month+ before judging it, and don't take anyones opinion as being best suited for you, you have the time to gain your own expeirence.

I also don't think you need to select an estate agent until you know for sure which area you want to live in. Then you can narrow your choices down to an agent that is established in that area and will know most of the available listings. Even with looking for rentals, I don't think you need to look for an agent, just use one of the general search sites such as Pattaya Property dot Net, or use AirBnB.

Personally, for me, the key to having the most enjoyable lifestyle out this way, is having some hobbies you can get passionate about and some good/close friends nearby. Whether you are in Bang Saray, Cosy Beach, or Central Pattaya, soon enough the novelty of the girlie bar scene wears off, and you will probably want to build a lifestyle around a few hobbies and shooting the breeze with close friends, with the bar scene at hand to blow off steam or scratch the itch, whenever needed.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Revanchist said:

Always a higher chance of a break-in with a ground floor unit, especially if there's a sliding door that can be lifted out of its tracks or the glass broken.

A simple, cheap fix to stop lifting a sliding door out of it's track is to drill two holes in the top track and screw a sheetmetal screw into them just far enough to clear the door when it passes. Now lifting the door will result in hitting the screws before clearing the bottom rail. 

Edited by likeaking

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/11/2020 at 01:00, david3615 said:

Do you hve agency contacts in PAtatya or recommended website

No I don't. There are lots of websites if you just want to get some idea of prices but I would want to be on the ground checking out areas firsthand before making any decisions.