Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hotel baraquda mcgallery hotel Pattaya-review

Emrah

I arrived at this hotel at a considerably late time and was greeted at reception with a warm welcome and welcome drink.

I stayed at one of their newly renovated suites which I highly recommend bit pricey but worth the value very spacious especially the SPA in the middle of the room very neat!

Water Pressure was not the best could be better but not certainly not the worst special mention to housekeeping as they were very thoughtful and kept room tidy and clean to a high standard not to mention GIGi in reception who would go out of her way to assist in every possible way! So big Thank You

I would recommend this hotel more for shorter stays then longer but not least for its location as it is arguably the best -close to all types of travellers needs.

• Like 4

On 29/11/2020 at 04:56, Emrah said:

I arrived at this hotel at a considerably late time and was greeted at reception with a warm welcome and welcome drink.

I stayed at one of their newly renovated suites which I highly recommend bit pricey but worth the value very spacious especially the SPA in the middle of the room very neat!

Water Pressure was not the best could be better but not certainly not the worst special mention to housekeeping as they were very thoughtful and kept room tidy and clean to a high standard not to mention GIGi in reception who would go out of her way to assist in every possible way! So big Thank You

I would recommend this hotel more for shorter stays then longer but not least for its location as it is arguably the best -close to all types of travellers needs.

They recently renovated the suites?   Was it this year during the closures?

Do you know which ones have been renovated?  Have all spa suites and the split floor suite all been renovated?

1 hour ago, Whiskyjack said:

They recently renovated the suites?   Was it this year during the closures?

Do you know which ones have been renovated?  Have all spa suites and the split floor suite all been renovated?

The trip was September 2018 mate.

• 2 months later...

The spa tub is nice and huge, but it simply takes forever to fill. Over 20 minutes, easily. The suites are really nice and spacious, but even though I like tubs, hard to justify getting the room just for the tub since it takes forever to fill up and use. The rooms are great, although for some reason the air conditioning in the hotel feels off - always felt clammy in the room and if the air conditioning was not running, it became unbearably humid inside the room very quickly even with the balcony door closed.

Yeah the idea of a spa bath is great but the practicality of filling the bloody thing is a nightmare. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Is it possible to just get the staff to fill it for you after going to have a drink and a feed?

What about when fully operational?

Also how frequent is the turn down service?

Sofitel Sukhumvit in Bkk had twice daily turn down service with the corners folded for easier access 😉 and a free bubble bath service. 

After having a word with the cleaning staff, they knew that a 20 baht note on the bath tub meant "bubble bath please"

This used to be my choice hotel but I found a better and newer one in a better location for half the price which surprisingly never gets a mention on this forum. I will keep it to myself I think so I can continue to enjoy this wonderful hotel at only 1000 baht per night. 😊 

if you are interested in the tip, Im happy to provide it if you PM me in return for LINE ID of hot young slim naturally busty LBFM, you know the ones! They are rare as hens teeth!

• 5 months later...

Did someone stay recently in baraquda? The reviews on the Net are quite devastating and I am really not sure if it still is the choice to make. My trip is planned for June so plenty of time to search for alternatives.

Devastating in what regard?  It’s a quality property.  The only negatives I could think of is the pool is more cosmetic and useless for actual swimming, and it’s expensive if you’re a CC. 

6 hours ago, Hypergrand said:

Did someone stay recently in baraquda? The reviews on the Net are quite devastating and I am really not sure if it still is the choice to make. My trip is planned for June so plenty of time to search for alternatives.

Yes stayed there a couple of weeks ago.

it was great as usual. Free upgrade to suite, was the only one using the pool most days. 

I'm planning to stay next month, how's the brekky these days?

Bawdy by name, Bawdy by nature.

16 minutes ago, Bawdy said:

I'm planning to stay next month, how's the brekky these days?

It was a bit limited, actually. Didn’t bother getting up for it after the first day.

it was the usual stuff, a tray of fried eggs, stir fried noodles and rice etc

4 hours ago, Arnie85 said:

Devastating in what regard?  It’s a quality property.  The only negatives I could think of is the pool is more cosmetic and useless for actual swimming, and it’s expensive if you’re a CC. 

Most reviews complain recently about mold in the bathrooms and that the rooms are smelling musty. They complain about a run-down property at all incl. the rooms.

Therefor I thought it is a good idea to get some info by recent visitors about.

I personally don’t mind the costs if the quality is up to par.

7 hours ago, Arnie85 said:

Where are you seeing those reviews?

There are some of those bad reviews at Tripadvisor, although at least one of them might be fake because it definately shows pics of a different hotel.

I stayed at Baraquda about a dozen times in the last dacade (starting when it was branded as Dusit d2) and was never disappointed and will stay there again in July, no matter what some reviews might say.

Furniture in the room was both outdated and outworn 2 years ago and some refurbishment would suit them well, but you can't beat the great location and the staff is top notch, always smiling, always extremely friendly and helpful. And given the recent rates of 1200/1300 THB per night it's a no brainer for me. 

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap

• 3 weeks later...

I was staying there before 2020.  When I am able to go back that was my hotel of choice. 

Curious if there is any noise from the drainage work on the back roads as I am a light sleeper.  Any other construction going on?  it was great for me before for the quiet besides the fact that it was a nice room.  So many places I stayed before had noise from the street from bars, traffic or construction.

I've booked for my July trip. My only question at this point is parking since I will be driving down from Udon. Hopefully any mustiness will be cleaned by then. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/03/2021 at 03:04, eccentricfusion said:

"The rooms are great, although for some reason the air conditioning in the hotel feels off - always felt clammy in the room and if the air conditioning was not running, it became unbearably humid inside the room very quickly even with the balcony door closed."

I totally agree. I stayed here in 2019 and had the same experience. It was unpleasant.

The price at the time was about $80 per night. The location is good, the pool smaller than I expected. I liked the big mirror by the bed.

Currently basic rooms are going for about $30 per night. I'll pass for summer 2022 trip.

57 minutes ago, Bazle said:

I imagine this place will be affected by the works being done to Soi 15.

Not in the slightest 

^ Good, hoping to check out their Jacuzzi rooms next week. 

Bawdy by name, Bawdy by nature.