Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Condos with the biggest balconies

Dave Hedgehog

As the title says. Which projects have the largest balconies? All areas from Naklua to Jomtien are fine.

It won’t just depend on the building but on the position of the condo within the building. So, a corner unit will have a larger balcony than one in the middle.

Some of the View Talay buildings have larger balconies. A friend rented a 1-bed in VT3 (bottom of Pratumnak Soi 6) and the balcony was huge. VT 7 & 8 have larger balconies than VT 1 & 2. Some of the end condos in Jomtien Complex condo also have large balconies - other units there vary as some have had the balcony incorporated into the condo while others still have the kitchen on the balcony.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

34 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

As the title says. Which projects have the largest balconies? All areas from Naklua to Jomtien are fine.

new developments have either none or very small. you are gonna need an earlier project (when land was cheaper )

Edited by striderman
  • Like 2

I don’t tend to take photos of balconies :) but the best I’ve got:

VT7: plenty big enough for a table & chairs with space either side 

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Old-Style Jomtien Complex:

image.jpeg

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Corner units at View Talay 4 have largest balconies out of places I've lived at.

Generally, you can instantly scratch off all newer developments, since in most of them (Unless you splurge for some "executive suite" 400sqm that takes up quarter of entire floor, and costs 50+M ) you will be lucky if you manage to fit coffee table and two chairs on balcony.

Also, if balcony/terrace is something very important to you, you might consider looking into townhouses - many have entire flat roof accessible/possible to adapt into huge terrace.

The centre units in VT5 have big balconies which have a curve out on them.  Spent 3 weeks in one  of those in February and really enjoyed the great furnitures and  space on the balcony, especially early morning and evening.

I find those of us who come from freezing winter climates put a premium on being able to be  outdoors on a balcony while those from more moderate or temperate climates consider it  less important.

I viewed this place a couple of weeks ago. Between Pratumnak sois 4 and 5. THe balcony was the standoutr feature. Very big balcony which is well furnished and perfect for anyone looking to spend afternoons chilling.

It's a nice place, but I opted for something else - partly disappointed by the pool and lack of gym. Looks like it's still available if anyone is interested https://twoflat.com/Penthouse-2-Bedrooms-at-Siam-Oriental-Garden-on-Pratumnak-Hill_10668 

I used to live at Thabali Chateau Dale. Most rooms there have large balconies, large enough for dinning and sunbathing.

Edited by kimternet

Well, there are a lot of condo with good size balcony, all depends how much you want to spend

Grand Avenue Soi 15 have some room with a good size balcony, but if you want go to the biggest some that come in my mind are VT, Royal Cliff, Amari Residence (some room), One tower

Royal Cliff

royalcliff1.thumb.jpg.2ac67e3b3ec58d366bfde9e50514ddc6.jpg

Amari Residence

amari1.thumb.JPG.5e60dabbb76c83a997612c4fa5d957e3.JPG

amari2.thumb.JPG.c41286e559d31d0da653de9e11b6e7cd.JPG

One Tower

onetower1.thumb.jpg.2948bd4bf5e65da234977c26efee3abf.jpg

onetower2.thumb.jpg.1a74547c500a93a29d97a1a81e3de735.jpg

i think this are the biggest :D

Edited by alecranb

When you look at units in Thailand I have been told that the SQm includes the outdoor balcony space.  I just wish they would break it down to give you actually space outside, as I also like to have a balcony or "outdoor living space"

I think the largest at my complex was close to 30 sq meters which was one large balcony off the main room and master bedroom and a another smaller balcony off the smaller bedroom.

13 hours ago, alecranb said:

Well, there are a lot of condo with good size balcony, all depends how much you want to spend

Grand Avenue Soi 15 have some room with a good size balcony, but if you want go to the biggest some that come in my mind are VT, Royal Cliff, Amari Residence (some room), One tower

Royal Cliff

royalcliff1.thumb.jpg.2ac67e3b3ec58d366bfde9e50514ddc6.jpg

Amari Residence

amari1.thumb.JPG.5e60dabbb76c83a997612c4fa5d957e3.JPG

amari2.thumb.JPG.c41286e559d31d0da653de9e11b6e7cd.JPG

One Tower

onetower1.thumb.jpg.2948bd4bf5e65da234977c26efee3abf.jpg

onetower2.thumb.jpg.1a74547c500a93a29d97a1a81e3de735.jpg

i think this are the biggest :D

Those do not look like  "room/condo" balconies! More like rooftop lounges. 

Edited by Rocketboy
  • Like 1

Well mine does Residence Jomtien Beach Condo! :) 555 It's HUGE pictures don't do it justice!!

Way, way bigger than the one at the condo I had up until last month at Urban Condo Soi 15

Access through large patio doors in the living room and bedroom. 

Fifth picture is a outside of my condo on the 2nd floor. 

IMG_20200822_121123.jpg

IMG_20200822_121130.jpg

IMG_20200822_121143.jpg

IMG_20200822_121056.jpg

IMG_20201125_142030.jpg

IMG_20201125_142201.jpg

IMG_20201125_142223.jpg

Edited by Rocketboy

22 hours ago, Rocketboy said:

Well mine does Residence Jomtien Beach Condo! :) 555 It's HUGE pictures don't do it justice!!

Way, way bigger than the one at the condo I had up until last month at Urban Condo Soi 15

Access through large patio doors in the living room and bedroom. 

Fifth picture is a outside of my condo on the 2nd floor. 

IMG_20200822_121123.jpg

IMG_20200822_121130.jpg

IMG_20200822_121143.jpg

IMG_20200822_121056.jpg

IMG_20201125_142030.jpg

IMG_20201125_142201.jpg

IMG_20201125_142223.jpg

Looks good.  Have you considered putting screens on the sliding glass doors?  Being on the 2nd floor mossies and flies will enter your unit when the doors are open.  They shouldn't cost much so maybe the owner would install.

44 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

Looks good.  Have you considered putting screens on the sliding glass doors?  Being on the 2nd floor mossies and flies will enter your unit when the doors are open.  They shouldn't cost much so maybe the owner would install.

I thought about that when I first saw no screens. And I like having the doors open feeling the breeze, etc. 

But, surprisingly with the living room door open quite often day and night no flies and not many mosquitos biting on my delicious chocolate skin! 555 :)

Donut says having the sheer curtains closed helps in keeping them out! 

When I sit out there early morning and at night sometimes the mosquitos are quite annoying. 

If it gets worse and absolutely unbearable I inside I'll look into having screens installed. 

2 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

At the Urban I was 2nd floor also, there was a screen door there. :)

5 hours ago, Andrew123 said:

Ride 4 Kickz reviewed a penthouse condominium with a 100 square meter balcony.

The condominium is in “The Cliff” building in the Cozy Beach area of Pratumnak Hill.

Ride 4 Kickz is one of the best Pattaya vloggers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJJL6ilkv1I

With a 100 sq meter balcony I wonder what the total sq meter is of the unit as the grand total will be what the owner will be paying in CAM fees.

The balconies at view talay 6 are a good size. 

One of the reasons I stay there and it's great location!

• Like 2

On 24/11/2020 at 03:41, Ivanow said:

Corner units at View Talay 4 have largest balconies out of places I've lived at.

Generally, you can instantly scratch off all newer developments, since in most of them (Unless you splurge for some "executive suite" 400sqm that takes up quarter of entire floor, and costs 50+M ) you will be lucky if you manage to fit coffee table and two chairs on balcony.

Also, if balcony/terrace is something very important to you, you might consider looking into townhouses - many have entire flat roof accessible/possible to adapt into huge terrace.

Where is VT4? I've never heard of it.  I know 1,2,3,5,6,7 and 8, but haven't seen VT4 mentioned anywhere. 

17 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

With a 100 sq meter balcony I wonder what the total sq meter is of the unit as the grand total will be what the owner will be paying in CAM fees.

I would think that apartment  is about 275 / 280 square metres 

Ride 4 Kickz did a second video about the penthouse in The Cliff.

He mentioned that the total size of the penthouse, including the 100 square meter balcony, was 268 square meters.

He also demonstrated the Bolt mobile phone app, which enabled him to get a taxi from Cozy Beach to Soi Honey in central Pattaya for 50 baht.

La Royale at Na Jomtien, 3 bed condos are 268 sq m, I looked at 1 unit which had a family sized jacuzzi on the balcony.

Originally 50 million bt to buy, now around 20 - 30 mill, rarely seen for rental.

royale.JPG.871294fa7e80b0b9cb321b971e843d47.JPG

• Like 1

On 27/11/2020 at 10:34, big shooter said:

Where is VT4? I've never heard of it.  I know 1,2,3,5,6,7 and 8, but haven't seen VT4 mentioned anywhere. 

VT4 is right next to Immigration Office - corner of Jomtien Soi 5 and 2nd Road.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1