Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Ozimoto Trike 150cc

Yabusaki

On 13/12/2020 at 23:28, Yabusaki said:

Greetings,

Due to price difference and haggling with the owner on discounts, I decided not to purchase Ozimoto Trike! Instead, I'm going to purchase Honda PCX Hybrid 2020 for 98,400 bhat!

A friend bought a Pcx hybrid in Phuket last year, paid 100k+ ( 106/107k I think ) . So , well done.

Early on he had an issue with battery going flat all the time .. It turned out not to be a problem with the bike, but to do with something he was not doing properly when he left the bike overnight ( and no ..I don't mean not plugging it into a wall socket lol ) . 

Read the instruction manual ! 

• Like 2

On 22/11/2020 at 20:37, likeaking said:

Keep in mind that these are not really motorbikes because you steer/drive them like a golf cart. Had a three-wheel Harley Servicar back in the day. 

I'm afraid that I don't understand this. Could clarify they how they are like a golf cart?

They don't appear to have a steering wheel, etc.

My aversion to motorbikes stems in large part from the absolute lack of balance that I have on them. A Thai girl once insisted that I could ride on the back of her motorbike instead of taking a taxi, but gave up after about a block, realizing that my lack of balance (and weight! 555) made it too dangerous.

50 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

I'm afraid that I don't understand this. Could clarify they how they are like a golf cart?

My aversion to motorbikes stems in large part from the absolute lack of balance that I have on them. A Thai girl once insisted that I could ride on the back of her motorbike instead of taking a taxi, but gave up after about a block, realizing that my lack of balance (and weight! 555) made it too dangerous.

On a motorbike you by change directions leaning as much as steering with the handlebars when turning. On a three wheeler you remain upright and 100% of direction changes are done by pushing and pulling the handlebars, like using the steering wheel or tiller of a  three wheeled golf cart. There's a marked difference between "riding" a motorcycle and "driving" a three wheeler. It sounds like a three wheeled vehicle may suit you. 

Edited by likeaking
  • Like 2

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

1 hour ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Greetings,

I have same problem as you since I never rode a motorbike before and during my first day of traing, I had balancing problem too! I was so discouraged and my enthusiasm went down the sewer in regards to riding a Motorbike, I decided to spend 198,000 bhat for a new Trike! But, afterwards, I discussed with many people regarding how to drive motorbike safely and they all told me, in the beginning everyone will have balancing problems until you'll get used to riding a motorbike! On Trike, it's already balanced on 3 wheels but you can't drive legally or get a Trike licence from Pattaya Land Transport Office!

Hang Loose, mongoose!

1 hour ago, Yabusaki said:

Greetings,

I have same problem as you since I never rode a motorbike before and during my first day of traing, I had balancing problem too! I was so discouraged and my enthusiasm went down the sewer in regards to riding a Motorbike, I decided to spend 198,000 bhat for a new Trike! But, afterwards, I discussed with many people regarding how to drive motorbike safely and they all told me, in the beginning everyone will have balancing problems until you'll get used to riding a motorbike! On Trike, it's already balanced on 3 wheels but you can't drive legally or get a Trike licence from Pattaya Land Transport Office!

It may sound counterintuitive but if you're wobbly on a motorbike you may be going too slow. Try going a little bit faster and it may be steadier. 

Every hole a goal.

Stop the Vagilantes.

44 minutes ago, likeaking said:

It may sound counterintuitive but if you're wobbly on a motorbike you may be going too slow. Try going a little bit faster and it may be steadier. 

Greetings,

Thank you very much for your constructive advice! Greatly appreciated! 

Hang Loose, mongoose!

44 minutes ago, Yabusaki said:

Greetings,

Thank you very much for your constructive advice! Greatly appreciated! 

You're welcome, I hope it helps. If you decide to go a little bit faster when you're wobbly, make sure you have plenty of room straight in front of you so you don't have to do too many new things (turn, brake, balance, etc.) at once.

Edited by likeaking

Every hole a goal.

Stop the Vagilantes.

And this is exactly the 'rub' with a neophyte launching himself on Thai roads.

You groan when you see them

All that wobbling, feet feeling for the road etc should be years behind you.

Slow riding and maneuvering

Balance - with feet on the pegs (till well after you've stopped),

360 degree awareness with looks to the rear when appropriate.

Defensive use of speed and road positioning 

Should all be 'second nature'

Even then you still risk the (very likely) interjection of other road users determined to employ unpredictable stupidity/ineptitude

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Greetings,

Today will be first time riding Honda ADV Trike and planning to ride from Grand Avenue to Terminal 21 and practice maneuvering in the parking lot! As you can see, I don't have handicapped stickers so I want to see if Thai Police will give me a citation for nonhandicapped person riding a Trike in Pattaya?

DSC_0081.JPG

DSC_0080.JPG

• Like 3

Hang Loose, mongoose!

ive had atrike from ozimoto since aug 2015 and ive had no trouble from police the first thing i had to learn was to get both feet off the ground before teking off. caught my leg a few times but doon learnt

• Like 2

any holes a goal

I used to ride 3 wheelers on a farm I worked on. To turn to the right u would lean to the left, is it the same with these too? 

• 2 months later...

Law states - any modification to a motorcycle is prohibited... those trikes the Thais drive are all illegal.. they are new taxed or insuranced nukess the side car bit is detached for inspection. 

Greetings,

I already drove 2,000 miles and feel very comfortable riding around Pattaya and surroundings! I've been all over Pattaya, been to the lakes, dam, dark side and almost to Sriracha!

I don't regret buying a Trike rather than a motorbike because of safety! I spent nearly 80,000 bhat upgrading the Trike for comfort and safety! I can't see myself riding a motorbike in Pattaya!

My biggest problem and concern is controlling my temper during driving around Pattaya! I have to learn to be patient and Jai yen yen!

Edited by Yabusaki
  • Like 2

Hang Loose, mongoose!

On 22/11/2020 at 13:19, Edge said:

2 front wheels safer.

20201122_131722.jpg.99e1fbc116719c6f835e39fcf5a604a1.jpg

If you want the trike experience just have them install a high speed reverse gear.

On 25/11/2020 at 18:15, regyai said:

Absolutely brilliant funny clip.

ive had a trike from ozimoto for the last 5 years its great and no fears of falling off

• Like 2

any holes a goal

• 1 month later...

hello, does anybody know where to find something similar but cheaper ?

A trike with a bed like a pickup.

Thank you.

2078226852_ozimotocargotrike.jpeg.9821bd5e6f88ac8ca573466d027c2eb7.jpeg

28 minutes ago, BkkApt said:

hello, does anybody know where to find something similar but cheaper ?

A trike with a bed like a pickup.

Thank you.

2078226852_ozimotocargotrike.jpeg.9821bd5e6f88ac8ca573466d027c2eb7.jpeg

Hi Apt, if you're in Bkk couldn't you just buy a TukTuk, I'd have thought there are some parked up?

• Haha 2

• 1 year later...

Greetings, 

I finally received Honda Forza 350 Trike and I'm impressed with the speed and handling! It's very expensive but you only live once so might as well spend money and enjoy life!

20220901_121126.jpg

20220901_121159.jpg

Hang Loose, mongoose!