IGNORED

Ozimoto Trike 150cc

Yabusaki

Greetings,

Is it legal to ride Ozimoto Trike 150cc in Pattaya? Thai Police Officer told me, it's legal if you have 2 handicapped sticker from the hospital indicating you're handicapped!" If you don't have handicapped stickers, you can be cited by traffic police officers! But, my friend purchased a used Ozimoto Trike and had been riding for four months without any citations! If you purchase a Trike from Ozimoto, Ozimoto will provide all the necessary license and documents so you can ride legally in Pattaya! So, what should I do? Any comments?

4-23423530_10155119133012005_841573247_o-400x400.jpg

customized-capability.xml

Edited by Yabusaki

Hang Loose, mongoose!

Why?

Edge,

Good morning! I want to explore Pattaya beyond what bhat bus and motocy has to offer! As I enter 4th quarter of my life, I want more excitement and I'm willing to take risks to achieve that goal! IMHO, trike is safer to ride than Scooters ot motorcycles in Pattaya!

Edited by Yabusaki

Hang Loose, mongoose!

Trikes are great fun untill a panic manouver of braking while turning results in you and your scoot sliding across the pavement... shiny side no longer up.  Reverse trikes are a much safer bet.  The tilting versions better yet.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Yabusaki said:

Edge,

Good morning! I want to explore Pattaya beyond what bhat bus and motocy has to offer! As I enter 4th quarter of my life, I want more excitement and I'm willing to take risks to achieve that goal! IMHO, trike is safer to ride than Scooters ot motorcycles in Pattaya!

2 front wheels safer.

20201122_131722.jpg.99e1fbc116719c6f835e39fcf5a604a1.jpg

55 minutes ago, Intrepidman said:

Trikes are great fun untill a panic manouver of braking while turning results in you and your scoot sliding across the pavement... shiny side no longer up.  Reverse trikes are a much safer bet.  The tilting versions better yet.

Sorry to be dense but could you clarify - shiny side no longer up? Reverse trikes? tilting versions?

5 hours ago, Edge said:

2 front wheels safer.

20201122_131722.jpg.99e1fbc116719c6f835e39fcf5a604a1.jpg

Edge,

I talked to a guy who owned a similar bike and he said, "the front end is heavy so hard to maneuver!" 

• Like 2

Hang Loose, mongoose!

9 hours ago, xtremedude said:

Sorry to be dense but could you clarify - shiny side no longer up? 

Reverse trikes? 

tilting versions?

A friendly good bye to a motorcyclist is "keep the shiny side up" meaning don't tip it over. so shiny side no longer up would not be a desired result of maintaining a bike in the upright position.

Reverse trike, just as the name implies, 2 wheels in the front 3rd in back.

Tilting version of a reverse trike has already been pictured in this thread.  Front end geometry allows the bike to lean for turning.

A normal trike with 2 wheels in back tends to tip over when turning and the situation gets quickly worse when the brakes are applied.  As the weight transfers forward under braking the effective width of the trike narrows toward the front.  If the turning forces move the effective sum of accelerations (gravity, turning and braking) outside the triangle of the tires then the trike will tip over.  A bit difficult to explain but it's a real issue and the reason trikes don't make it to the streets from major manufacturers.

4 hours ago, Yabusaki said:

Edge,

I talked to a guy who owned a similar bike and he said, "the front end is heavy so hard to maneuver!" 

I've owned one in the past and the 'heavier' front end handling actually gives it a big bike feel, not to mention twice the traction up front is a big plus. Does however give you a fast tract route to investigate the rear wheel's limitations though :D.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Yabusaki said:

Edge,

Not ridden one myself, just observed that they handle pretty damn well, esp compared with the other option.

Listen to Intrepidman if you care, but if you plan to just totter around using it as an invalid carriage maybe it doesn't matter so much............. except then you don't need a PCX 150 (travel insurance limit 125cc?) conversion, look into electric powered.

PS - does your Quote function not work?

Edited by Edge

Keep in mind that these are not really motorbikes because you steer/drive them like a golf cart. Had a three-wheel Harley Servicar back in the day. 

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

15 hours ago, likeaking said:

Keep in mind that these are not really motorbikes because you steer/drive them like a golf cart. ...............

Not true of the Yamaha Tricity, which is designed by the manufacturer to perform as a motorcycle and it does.

About the aftermarket conversion done on the Honda PCX I agree........ that is not going to even be safe ridden as a motorcycle IMO.......it's an invalid carriage at best.

Greetings,

For Pattaya's traffic, 125cc or 155cc trike? Also, I have no experience in riding Motorbike or Trike!

Hang Loose, mongoose!

You need to check the EXCLUSIONS section on your travel insurance/accident policy. Usually 125cc is the maximum allowed 

To be honest although these trike mods are cutesy, physics dictates that they can tip over like a Robin Reliant  in sloping or fast turns - plus being an inherent PITA to park in a busy Pattaya would put me right off.

12 hours ago, biggles said:

You need to check the EXCLUSIONS section on your travel insurance/accident policy. Usually 125cc is the maximum allowed 

Most have this exclusion,however if you have a motorcycle licence,in the small print,you can find you are actually covered in some but not all cases.

19 hours ago, Yabusaki said:

For Pattaya's traffic, 125cc or 155cc trike? Also, I have no experience in riding Motorbike or Trike!

Trike = heavier so 155cc would be better than a 125cc trike keeping in mind that mostly you will be under 40 kph anyway.

For a scooter, it really doesn't matter that much but more power on motorcycles is normally always appreciated.

For the greater stability of a trike, you give up manoeuvrability, especially cutting through jammed up streets - this is Patts at it's core.

And the wider footprint of a trike means you hit more bumps and potholes.

Learning how to ride properly is THE most important task. Choosing your ride is very much secondary.

This guy has the best videos I have seen for learning to ride a scooter - well worth your time.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJJHG-Bjo79ZWZaqW9EWyQovyyYv6QTJg 

Edited by 1500B

Greetings,

So, which license or licenses do I need to drive Trike legally in Pattaya? The owner of Ozimoto Motor couldn't provide a definite answer! Now, I'm confused so I've decided to visit Pattaya Police Station again.

Also, where is the closest Land Transport Office from Central Pattaya?

Thanks

Hang Loose, mongoose!

On 22/11/2020 at 07:21, Yabusaki said:

As I enter 4th quarter of my life, I want more excitement

On 25/11/2020 at 08:37, Yabusaki said:

Also, I have no experience in riding Motorbike or Trike!

You can find excitement without an internal combustion engine.  

Thai ladies for example.  :Dance1:

You want that "4th quarter in life" to last as long as possible  

May your heart always be joyful. May your song always be sung....and may you stay - Forever Young

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours Bobby Dylan

10 hours ago, Yabusaki said:

Greetings,

So, which license or licenses do I need to drive Trike legally in Pattaya? The owner of Ozimoto Motor couldn't provide a definite answer! Now, I'm confused so I've decided to visit Pattaya Police Station again.

Also, where is the closest Land Transport Office from Central Pattaya?

Thanks

dlt.JPG.87ce22abcf2e8f2fdeac4c02a80a816a.JPG

Note the 2 routes in grey use Highway 7, motorcycles not allowed. Route via Sukhumvit Road and Highway 36 is longer but simple, there are shorter routes cross country but easy to get lost, I did several times.

New search avoiding tolls and Highway 7.

dlt2.JPG.194be9bf8299c2d470dfea154db809ef.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings,

Due to price difference and haggling with the owner on discounts, I decided not to purchase Ozimoto Trike! Instead, I'm going to purchase Honda PCX Hybrid 2020 for 98,400 bhat!

• Like 2

Hang Loose, mongoose!

Err the cheap one is reduced ti £17000, the other is £40000.  Possibly may sell in Dubai, Qatar, other gulf states but a bit of a stretch in the UK or Thailand.  Even a PCX is porky in Pattaya.

On 14/12/2020 at 02:09, Cheetos said:

These two trikes are on display at Terminal 

3E2A5C54-D5A7-41A6-AF50-F6CA97B214E5.jpeg

C49900B9-35B9-4147-AF78-CD2EC3E0D38D.jpeg

Greetings,

Also, I was there and spoke with 2 different sales staff and they both told me, "those bikes are ILLEGAL to drive on the public roads in Pattaya!" Similar to owning Trikes, you can't get a legal licence to drive on the roads in Pattaya without being harassed by traffic policemen!

Edited by Yabusaki

Hang Loose, mongoose!