IGNORED

Peaky Blinders - Phratamnak

I was chatting with one of the other foodies at the condo pool the other day and he made a fairly strong recommendation to check out the burgers at Peaky Blinders.

https://www.facebook.com/PeakyBlindersPattaya/

I did a search of PA and though there are a few references to the place, I did not see a dedicated thread. They have been open for about a year now. There are two routes into the place, one from Phratamnak and the other from Thappraya. I suggest the Phratamnak one for a first visit, as it is the easier of the two. If you are coming on the baht bus from Jomtien you can hop off where Phratamnak meets Second Road and walk in. It would be less than 1/2 km.

It is a very cozy place with a friendly atmosphere. Lots of wood and the owner says that some of it is 100 years old. Nice Touch.

The owner "ET" is an American. He said he named the place after the British TV show because he liked the style of the bars in the show. Ok, it does look nice. He also related that with regard to their burger they grind their own meat and make their own Brioche Buns. Both were very good.

The burger was excellent. They put a very nice char on it. This is no dried out smash burger. I liked it better than the one they serve at Akvavit, which is also pretty good IMO. The burger and sweet potato fries cost 190.

1543088559_PeakyBlinders.thumb.jpg.535d3c1b84b42cab7e95117b2a3b794d.jpg

I have heard several positive reports about food in PB.

Trying to remember what it was called before???

3 hours ago, jimboh said:

The Sports Lounge.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, jimboh said:

A friend of mine said it was once upon a time known as the "Stork Club".

58 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

A friend of mine said it was once upon a time known as the "Stork Club".

And before that, Freeway?

Looks like they have quite the feast planned for Thanksgiving!

Posted the menu here: 

Location is poor. Needs a strong support fro Unixx condo customers. I would visit as I usually live in Pratamnak, but for regular tourists it's in the beaten path.

I live in Unixx and used to walk to the Sports Lounge for their breakfast every now and then. Used to be reasonably busy at the weekends with the sport on but not enough to survive I suspect as they closed down.

Can't see the new place doing any better unfortunately especially with the decent burger places on soi buakhao which gets so much more traffic.

Thanks for the review, it was just opening when I left Thailand to come back to the UK, thinking I would be back in a few months time...and you know how that worked out!