Jump to content
IGNORED

Major Update September 24th 2020 -troubleshoot thread.


whitespider

Recommended Posts

i just realised the following bug / problem: 
the forum background colour is not indicative anymore of advanced / non advanced section. 

See the nude / non-nude link / explainer at the top right by ru4real. That's the way it was in the past, but now i always have the same grey-ish background, no matter the forum section (no matter which theme i use for the board). 

 

image.png.bbfdbbbd884791971dd28a4c4a9a9c03.png:
 

TFMI.WTF : The new home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.
Thoughts from a tourist actually on the ground - Dec 2020

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • whitespider

    19

  • forcebwithu

    9

  • petehoax

    8

  • LuvThaiPussy

    7

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not a big fan of the new look, but i'll probably get used to it. But every topic i open, starts at post 1, not at my last read post as it did before.

Guys please be aware we are not big fans of these updates either but we will wade our way through and try to find answers. It’s all new to us too and getting replies from Invision about where to find

Please bear with us guys. Trust me your angst is nothing compared to ours   We know the problem. There’s a simple fix but it means removing a lot of custom hard coding which we are hoping we can

Posted Images

As of yesterday I'm not allowed to click a "like, sad, thank you, etc" response to posts and my posts aren't showing up in "recent content".

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, likeaking said:

As of yesterday I'm not allowed to click a "like, sad, thank you, etc" response to posts and my posts aren't showing up in "recent content".

Same thing happening to me an @Rocketboy. Still getting email posts of threads I follow though and also noticed @Harry Brown commented on a TF thread that also didn't get posted. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, likeaking said:

As of yesterday I'm not allowed to click a "like, sad, thank you, etc" response to posts and my posts aren't showing up in "recent content".

 

5 minutes ago, LuvThaiPussy said:

Same thing happening to me an @Rocketboy. Still getting email posts of threads I follow though and also noticed @Harry Brown commented on a TF thread that also didn't get posted. 

The same is happening for me too. The problem is reported. There are a few other glitches as well.

Are you saying that you received an alert to one of my posts and when you went to look at it , it wasn't there?

 

Can you give mea link to that thread please.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Harry Brown said:

 

The same is happening for me too. The problem is reported. There are a few other glitches as well.

Are you saying that you received an alert to one of my posts and when you went to look at it , it wasn't there?

 

Can you give mea link to that thread please.

1217217606_Screenshot_20201015-163209_YahooMail.thumb.jpg.ae6f928ee802b161619cefa5586f97de.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've noticed odd behavior with posts over the last couple of hours. First there have not been many new posts, and the few that are there and I have read still show up as unread later.

Suspect they're working on the database behind the scenes and until they finish we'll be seeing odd things in the display of posts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Theres a lot going on but its on Ba and Phils as well so I am guessing an Invision problem

All we can do is wait until they get their fingers out.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts from as little as 1000 Baht per annum! Send me a PM for more info'

Meet Thai Girls Online - Pattaya Bars website - Follow PA on Twitter

pattaya_blue_468x49.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Harry Brown said:

Are you saying that you received an alert to one of my posts and when you went to look at it , it wasn't there?

same for me. 
image.png.218a18e8d36aaff6c9041af2c92867c4.png

but no post from you in that thread. (last post from glen alvis from 14 hours ago). 

  • Like 1

TFMI.WTF : The new home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.
Thoughts from a tourist actually on the ground - Dec 2020

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/09/2020 at 00:05, whitespider said:

Please bear with us guys. Trust me your angst is nothing compared to ours :) 

Many thanks for your work and your patience.   I really do appreciate the many hours of voluntary work that the mods and the technical people do to keep this board alive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ocka said:

Many thanks for your work and your patience.   I really do appreciate the many hours of voluntary work that the mods and the technical people do to keep this board alive.

+1. Also appreciate the efforts from @whitespider and everyone else involved in making this site as user friendly as possible. 

 

Still hoping you guys are doing something about receiving entire posts on emails for threads being followed. Makes it so much easier to go through them all. 

 

Edited by LuvThaiPussy
Removed old pic that got attached
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool, the Back To Top of page arrow is back.

Links to Flickr are still not working though.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jQ1Veq][img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50426485246_2469dba6fd_h.jpg[/img][/url]

Link to post
Share on other sites

fyi, currently getting a 
"[[Template core/front/global/favico is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]" error at the top of every page. 

It's small , but just fyi. i use the novus (dark) theme. 

image.png.16b2ad952f7c45399e440fc153063260.png
 

TFMI.WTF : The new home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.
Thoughts from a tourist actually on the ground - Dec 2020

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's starting to annoy me how when I click on a topic/thread I've read before it takes me to the first page instead of the page I was currently at. Can this be fixed?

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Leo_Bia said:

When uploading a pic, I keep getting

Sorry, an unknown server error occurred when uploading this file

I was getting that too, but after a couple of tries the problem resolved itself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tez4life said:

It's starting to annoy me how when I click on a topic/thread I've read before it takes me to the first page instead of the page I was currently at. Can this be fixed?

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/settings/links/ and set it to "Take me to comments I haven't read"

TFMI.WTF : The new home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.
Thoughts from a tourist actually on the ground - Dec 2020

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/10/2020 at 10:17, forcebwithu said:

Cool, the Back To Top of page arrow is back.

Links to Flickr are still not working though.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jQ1Veq][img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50426485246_2469dba6fd_h.jpg[/img][/url]

@whitespider any chance Invision can fix the problem with links to photo sharing services not working?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
On 16/10/2020 at 04:17, forcebwithu said:

Cool, the Back To Top of page arrow is back.

Links to Flickr are still not working though.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jQ1Veq][img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50426485246_2469dba6fd_h.jpg[/img][/url]

Back To Top arrow not showing for me today 

Edit, laptop, Win 10, MS Edge

Edited by bangna
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bangna said:

Back To Top arrow not showing for me today 

Edit, laptop, Win 10, MS Edge

Same here:  laptop, Win 10, Chrome

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bangna said:

Back To Top arrow not showing for me today 

Edit, laptop, Win 10, MS Edge

 

3 hours ago, kansuwan said:

Same here:  laptop, Win 10, Chrome

Aware of this one boys. It screwed up when I spent hours fixing the Home Page issue yesterday. It’s been enabled again but not working. I THINK it’s a caching issue that will sort itself out in a day or so. If not I will have another look at it.

  • Thanks 2

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts from as little as 1000 Baht per annum! Send me a PM for more info'

Meet Thai Girls Online - Pattaya Bars website - Follow PA on Twitter

pattaya_blue_468x49.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, whitespider said:

 

Aware of this one boys. It screwed up when I spent hours fixing the Home Page issue yesterday. It’s been enabled again but not working. I THINK it’s a caching issue that will sort itself out in a day or so. If not I will have another look at it.

Did a refresh and it’s back.

  • Thanks 2

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts from as little as 1000 Baht per annum! Send me a PM for more info'

Meet Thai Girls Online - Pattaya Bars website - Follow PA on Twitter

pattaya_blue_468x49.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, WhiteThai said:

My screen looks strange. Are we doing another upgrade?

Must be as mine all over the place and unable to do emojis ref like or doh posts :ThumbDown1:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • COVID-19

    Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

  • Advertise on Pattaya Addicts
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.