Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Thailand 24/7 Forum | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Major Update September 24th 2020 -troubleshoot thread.

whitespider

1 hour ago, ShaneFalco said:

Not a big fan of the new look, but i'll probably get used to it.

But every topic i open, starts at post 1, not at my last read post as it did before.

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/settings/links/ and set it to "Take me to comments I haven't read"

• Thanks 3

TFMI.WTF : The new home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.
Thoughts from a tourist actually on the ground - Dec 2020

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whitespider

• forcebwithu

• petehoax

• LuvThaiPussy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not a big fan of the new look, but i'll probably get used to it. But every topic i open, starts at post 1, not at my last read post as it did before.

Guys please be aware we are not big fans of these updates either but we will wade our way through and try to find answers. It’s all new to us too and getting replies from Invision about where to find

Please bear with us guys. Trust me your angst is nothing compared to ours   We know the problem. There’s a simple fix but it means removing a lot of custom hard coding which we are hoping we can

Posted Images

2 hours ago, whitespider said:

Guys please be aware we are not big fans of these updates either but we will wade our way through and try to find answers. It’s all new to us too and getting replies from Invision about where to find things isn’t exactly speedy so please bear with us.

Do remember - we don’t ask for these updates but have no choice really.

Thanks for all your efforts.

Is it possible for you to have a test site in which you try out the new version.  Become familiar with it, make a list of major issues.  Do all this without affecting BMs suddenly.

Just a suggestion, I will cope, but it gives software upgrades a bad name, when it should be good news.

2 hours ago, whitespider said:

Good spot - it should be on that theme. Thanks

The theme drop down list isn't available when using a laptop and browser, Chrome in my case. This is what I see at the bottom of the screen. Theme drop down list used to appear in the bottom middle.

image.png

10 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

The theme drop down list isn't available when using a laptop and browser, Chrome in my case. This is what I see at the bottom of the screen. Theme drop down list used to appear in the bottom middle.

image.png

fwiw, i see it at the bottom (chrome & desktop windows 10):
image.png.dfa4db600a2936221ddd7f0fbad2a4a0.png

TFMI.WTF : The new home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.
Thoughts from a tourist actually on the ground - Dec 2020

6 minutes ago, petehoax said:

fwiw, i see it at the bottom (chrome & desktop windows 10):
image.png.dfa4db600a2936221ddd7f0fbad2a4a0.png

Interesting. I have the same, Chrome and Win 10, but don't see the Theme selection. Just cleared the cookies, and also did an empty cache and hard reload and still don't see the Theme selection.

Please bear with us guys. Trust me your angst is nothing compared to ours :) 

We know the problem. There’s a simple fix but it means removing a lot of custom hard coding which we are hoping we can work around rather than just remove - which will be a last resort.

For those who might understand it’s a combo of some hand coded themes we used, and hopefully can continue to use and “permissions”. The update has only updated the Invision defaults not our custom themes which it seems are now creating conflicts.

We will get there but it won’t be tonight as we’ve been at it most of the day and need someone more tech probably.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts from as little as 1000 Baht per annum! Send me a PM for more info'

Meet Thai Girls Online - Pattaya Bars website - Follow PA on Twitter

pattaya_blue_468x49.jpg

15 minutes ago, Kickoff said:

Get occasional error 500 messages.

That shouldn’t happen as unrelated but thanks for letting us know.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts from as little as 1000 Baht per annum! Send me a PM for more info'

pattaya_blue_468x49.jpg

42 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Interesting. I have the same, Chrome and Win 10, but don't see the Theme selection. Just cleared the cookies, and also did an empty cache and hard reload and still don't see the Theme selection.

Snap!

10 minutes ago, kansuwan said:

Snap!

No one sees them now. The old custom themes have gone. 

Now one theme for everyone and it’s the one Invision updates/supports.

pattaya_blue_468x49.jpg

1 hour ago, rog555 said:

Thanks for all your efforts.

Is it possible for you to have a test site in which you try out the new version.  Become familiar with it, make a list of major issues.  Do all this without affecting BMs suddenly.

Just a suggestion, I will cope, but it gives software upgrades a bad name, when it should be good news.

We did that, of course, and it all worked fine. That’s because the test forum didn’t have 2 “custom built” themes in it so when we ran the test it all seemed ok.

pattaya_blue_468x49.jpg

How do I "mark forum as read" now?

It was there earlier but has now disappeared.

EDIT: refreshed the page and it has now appeared at the bottom of the page, apologies.

Edited by Leo_Bia

Guys we now have two themes again.

Basically done just to get things working as we really need to sleep here.

2nd theme added for those asking for a darker one. 

You should be able to choose what you want in the theme drop down in the footer.

• Thanks 1

pattaya_blue_468x49.jpg

for me it seems the POST # is now gone or not showing.

I like you. Hell, you can even fuck my sister.

Good news - the forums seem a lot faster!

I like you. Hell, you can even fuck my sister.

Just noticed when creating a new post, links to pictures stored on Flickr are not displaying.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jKj8QF][img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50373262083_f10533a7a7_b.jpg[/img][/url]

A bit of an odd occurrence here:

The reply to my post (and my quoted post) are weirdly greyed out... possible that the use of emoji in the reply caused the text to change color? Screenshot attached.

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 09.33.18.jpg

I'm not your savior, I'm just a naughty boy.

36 minutes ago, Revanchist said:

A bit of an odd occurrence here:

The reply to my post (and my quoted post) are weirdly greyed out... possible that the use of emoji in the reply caused the text to change color? Screenshot attached.

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 09.33.18.jpg

I was just about to post exactly the same. It's the only example I've seen so far.

Capture fr.JPG

For top quality motorbike rentals at realistic prices visit  http://www.hallmarkmotorbikerentals.com

1 minute ago, regyai said:

Email notifications now no longer have embedded photos merely a ". . ." in its place:

image.png.b0b9b63604a2a5cda7c0e5fb85b554d1.png

It's not just photos, but also anything more than a few sentences. 

I know the guys are working hard on fixing things and hoping this issue gets resolved as well. 

Don't think it's been mentioned before, but the return to top of page arrow button is missing.

More of an observation, but I often wonder why the coders can't leave some things about the UI unchanged. Case in point, when clicking on Mark Site Read the OK/Cancel dialog box now has the OK/Cancel buttons reversed to what they were prior to the update. Took a few times before I broke the habit of always clicking the button on the right, which used to be the OK button.