IGNORED

Major Update September 24th 2020 -troubleshoot thread.

whitespider - RIP

Guys

As is always the case with these major updates tons of stuff changes.

Can we keep all issues and suggestions in THIS thread so we can try and work through them rather than trying to follow many threads as is the case at the moment.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

The main issue for me at the moment, which I know you’re aware of, is that the Account menu/messages/Notifications are not available on the iphone and only available in landscape on the iPad but not in portrait.

The page size seems too ‘big’ for them to fit - not very technical I know!

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

4 minutes ago, davidge said:

The main issue for me at the moment, which I know you’re aware of, is that the Account menu/messages/Notifications are not available on the iphone and only available in landscape on the iPad but not in portrait.

OK, it's not just me, and it's not just iPhone, as I'm on an android and having the same issues

Just now, big shooter said:

OK, it's not just me, and it's not just iPhone, as I'm on an android and having the same issues

Same for me on iphone with latest ios update.   I just found this thread.  Posted a similar message on another thread.

"Disappointing girls one inch at a time"

Just now, LuvThaiPussy said:

Posted this in another thread...

Also don't have the notifications available on my android. 

Not sure why the link didn't paste. Maybe another issue? Also couldn't edit my message right after posting...

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/347055-any-chance-of-getting-a-dark-theme/?do=findComment&comment=5058856
Thank you for visiting us!

1 hour ago, davidge said:

None of that is available on my android phone. 

Attachments showing as "Unavailable" yet you can dl them

PDFS.jpg

Actually the dl is corrupt

sun14.jpg

48 minutes ago, LuvThaiPussy said:

Not sure why the link didn't paste. Maybe another issue? Also couldn't edit my message right after posting...

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/347055-any-chance-of-getting-a-dark-theme/?do=findComment&comment=5058856
Thank you for visiting us!

Do you see 3 ... at the right hand side top of your post? Is edit an option there?

sun14.jpg

8 minutes ago, kgbagent said:

Do you see 3 ... at the right hand side top of your post? Is edit an option there?

It isn't at the moment, but maybe too late to edit now? It use to be right next to the "quote" option. 

It is indeed in that "..." option top right of the post. 

Edited by LuvThaiPussy
Addition

Yeah, Edit moved to the top right submenu:
image.png.8cf19efc535420683f684a4cbf935058.png

One small request i have: If you copy more than 9 characters from a post (by copy pasting), the system automaticall adds "Thank you vor visiting us!" at the end of the copied text. 
Example: 
If i copy paste from above post:
"It isn't" ---> "It isn't" (no change)
"It is indeed" ---> "It is indeed Thank you for visiting us!" (automatically added at the end)

That's very very annoying. I know, it's a small thing, but it would be great if you could deactivate this behaviour. You currently cannot copy paste a link or if you want to copy something out of a post to highlight it, you need to remove the "thank you for visiting us!" etc

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

"It isn't"

"It is indeed"

not happening for me 

sun14.jpg

10 minutes ago, petehoax said:

ok, happens to me in chrome on windows. 

I tested on Chrome and Win 10

sun14.jpg

Not a big fan of the new look, but i'll probably get used to it.

But every topic i open, starts at post 1, not at my last read post as it did before.

15 minutes ago, ShaneFalco said:

But every topic i open, starts at post 1, not at my last read post as it did before.

Me either seems like too much work! :)

Guys please be aware we are not big fans of these updates either but we will wade our way through and try to find answers. It’s all new to us too and getting replies from Invision about where to find things isn’t exactly speedy so please bear with us.

Do remember - we don’t ask for these updates but have no choice really.

37 minutes ago, ShaneFalco said:

If I go to View New Content and click the speech bubble to the far right of each thread it takes me to the first new comment I hadn’t read.

1 hour ago, petehoax said:

Yeah, Edit moved to the top right submenu:
image.png.8cf19efc535420683f684a4cbf935058.png

One small request i have: If you copy more than 9 characters from a post (by copy pasting), the system automaticall adds "Thank you vor visiting us!" at the end of the copied text. 
Example: 
If i copy paste from above post:
"It isn't" ---> "It isn't" (no change)
"It is indeed" ---> "It is indeed Thank you for visiting us!" (automatically added at the end)

That's very very annoying. I know, it's a small thing, but it would be great if you could deactivate this behaviour. You currently cannot copy paste a link or if you want to copy something out of a post to highlight it, you need to remove the "thank you for visiting us!" etc

That happened before. It’s Invisions way of deterring copy thieves but yes it’s annoying and we fixed it before so probably can again.

1 minute ago, VLG said:

Change the theme to IPS default and you will be able to see your notifications and messages at the top bar. 

Screenshot_2020-09-24-19-00-06-016_com.opera.browser.jpg

Screenshot_2020-09-24-19-00-49-160_com.opera.browser.jpg

Good spot - it should be on that theme. Thanks

16 minutes ago, whitespider said:

If I go to View New Content and click the speech bubble to the far right of each thread it takes me to the first new comment I hadn’t read.

Tried that, about 50% takes me to the last post in the thread, 50 % takes me to the first post in a thread.. Not once was i taken to the right post ( First one unread )

But thanks.