IGNORED

Bike owners who want to GPS track their bike

Thom Savage

I purchased a big bike a while back and I wanted to be able to track the bike using GPS. After doing some research on what products are available in Thailand I found a great deal at AIS.  The product is pictured below and was very affordable and should fit under your seat. The tracking has been great and has several types of notifications you can set up including vibrations (if someone were to sit on the bike and load the suspension this will go off), a 100m home area that will trigger when the bike enters/leaves the area, when the bike reaches a certain speed (I suppose for parents keeping an eye on their child), and of course the basic GPS tracking at all times.

At 1500 baht and then 600 baht/year for the service I thought it was a great deal and thought some other members might get value out of having something like this.

ais.jpeg

That does look like a good device, and a good deal.

We bought a cheap eBay sort of one that you hand to manually call to get a response from. We wanted something to monitor where the daughter had wandered off to when she was supposed to be in school. This seems like it would have been so much better. 

1 minute ago, Garzan said:

That does look like a good device, and a good deal.

We bought a cheap eBay sort of one that you hand to manually call to get a response from. We wanted something to monitor where the daughter had wandered off to when she was supposed to be in school. This seems like it would have been so much better. 

This would certainly do the trick and I don't think there is a better deal out there to be had that provides the same functionality as this. I just got it a week ago, so AIS probably still has the same promotion going on (half price and 6 months free service).

Cheers.

3 hours ago, Roadglide said:

Is bike theft a problem in Thailand?

Not to my knowledge. I've had helmets stolen off bikes, but not the bike itself. My issue was mostly wandering teenager, rather than theft. But it's a personal thing with your level of concern. If you're worried about it, it's a pretty inexpensive device for extra piece of mind. 

In a similar sense, I always enable the 'find my phone' function on my smartphone. I've never had one lost or stolen, but it's an easy enough step just in case. 

3 hours ago, Roadglide said:

No, it's not a huge concern, but for 1,500 Baht it is peace of mind to know I will be notified should anything happen and be able to track the bike.  My mechanic said not to worry about the GPS, but my thought was "why wouldn't I install it, for that price?". 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 18/09/2020 at 10:23, Roadglide said: