IGNORED

Good internet service?

breadandrice

I'm looking at hotels for next year, shining we're allowed back by then, and I'm going to try to stay longer than normal provided my job continues to let me work remotely.

Having said that, I'm going to need a rock solid internet connection and, in my experience, it's not a guarantee in Thailand.  

What hotels have you stayed in that offered reliable and fast internet?  I'd like to get a wired and wireless connection so that I can hook you my work phone if I work remotely, but it's not as big a requirement as having a solid connection is.

hotel internet is renowned for its poor service.Many top class hotels have a dedecated internet room with high speed stable internet.

IMO you should look at renting an apartment in a condo with direct internet to the apartment.  

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Adelphi hotel had a solid connection when i stayed, but i wasnt an heavy user, just my iphone for whatsapp, youtube vids etc.I remember it being consistent though! 

Edited by vimto66
  • Like 1

The 4G network here is excellent. I've used it for several hours at a time when my fibre service is down. Fast and reliable in my experience.

You can ask the hotel to send you a copy from the website speedtest.net (at least 20G up is normal in Thailand) to make sure the internet is decent OR you can buy a sim card with unlimited data for a month :) - 4G

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/09/2020 at 10:22, Sylvain1223 said:

You can ask the hotel to send you a copy from the website speedtest.net (at least 20G up is normal in Thailand) to make sure the internet is decent OR you can buy a sim card with unlimited data for a month :) - 4G

Does not have to be unlimited...in fact you gotta watch out for some inexpensive unlimited plans, they often come with speed restrictions.  You can buy specific amount of GB at max speed instead.  There are many choices from each of the major provider.