IGNORED

New YouTube channel, Karl’s Thailand

Dr.Winston

Here’s my latest.Follow the link below to get to my YouTube channel page and see my other videos.

https://youtube.com/user/drcarlosoboogie

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

On 08/09/2020 at 06:53, Dr.Winston said:

I’ve set up a new YouTube channel, Karl’s Thailand. At the moment I am making videos of some of the more unusual and adventurous destinations that I have discovered in Thailand over the past 33 years.

You can view and subscribe to my channel here.

https://www.youtube.com/user/drcarlosoboogie

Just had a look, some good vlogs, subbed.

I recently got back from a quick trip to Krabi Province. I arrived just before 8am after a long bus journey without any sleep. 

I couldn’t check into the hotel at Ao Nang until early afternoon so I decided to take the 1260 steps up to the Tiger Cave Temple. I slept well that night.

This is my latest travel video “Chasing the Dragon Crest Trail” a fantastic walk ending with the most incredible view.

This video has Thai subtitles that can be toggled on and off. I am adding Selectable Thai subtitles to all of my videos and most of my more recent one have them already, I should get the rest done by the end of the week.

38 minutes ago, Dr.Winston said:

This is my latest travel video “Chasing the Dragon Crest Trail” a fantastic walk ending with the most incredible view.

This video has Thai subtitles that can be toggled on and off. I am adding Selectable Thai subtitles to all of my videos and most of my more recent one have them already, I should get the rest done by the end of the week.

Brilliant, not sure I would make it up there 555 great video 

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

5 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Brilliant, not sure I would make it up there 555 great video 

Did we meet in Phnom Penh once? Your real name is quite short?

12 hours ago, Dr.Winston said:

Did we meet in Phnom Penh once? Your real name is quite short?

Yes Ian , you have a good memory , think we were in Angry Birds with Jason 

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

All of my YouTube travel videos now have subtitles in Thai script that can be toggled on and off if you know anyone who might be interested. Thanks

• Like 1

Here’s my latest video, It’s part 1 of a collection of funny stories about foreigners speaking Thai, misunderstandings, cultural differences, embarrassing mis-pronunciations, conversations that you weren’t supposed to hear etc. With special guest Phil (Mr.Egg) of Le Pub Pattaya.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here’s the latest video, It’s part 2 of a collection of funny stories about foreigners speaking Thai, misunderstandings, cultural differences, embarrassing mis-pronunciations, conversations that you weren’t supposed to hear etc. With special guest AJ, Adam Judd of The Pattaya News and previously the manager of Sexy in the City, Soi 6.

• Like 2

A quick report from Ao Nang Krabi and and hike over the Monkey Trail to stunning and secluded Pai Plong Beach.

• Like 3

พร้อมคำบรรยายภาษาไทยที่เลือกได้

True Stories of Wild Tigers at Khao Yai National Park Thailand - Khao Yai Part 1 - Hiking on Trail 5. Hear me relate my real life experiences with wild tigers at Khao Yai National Park Thailand in the early 90's.

I used to help a local tour guide take tourists on tours of Khao Yai National Park in 1990-1992. In those days wild tigers, while very rare could still be encountered at Khao Yai by those with extreme luck or willing to put in the time and effort to see them.

This is the first in a series to help those with a taste for adventure get the most from Khao Yai National Park

• Like 3

I recently hiked on a Jungle trail at Khao Yai National Park, it was a trail I had hiked several times before, in the end I was glad that I had my GPS hiking unit with me. 

In the second of my Khao Yai series I give an overview of hiking trail 6, tell the story of my 30 year association with Khao Yai and visit Haew Suwat Waterfall. 

There are Thai subtitles that can be toggled on or off.

I Got lost in the Jungle at Khao Yai National Park Thailand 4K-Hiking Trail 6, Haew Suwat Waterfall

• Like 3

Well done :Clap:

On 02/01/2021 at 02:15, Dr.Winston said:

Happy New Year everybody. Here’s my latest YouTube video.

Well done,nice video and you avoided the monkeys on the way up,ao manao is a great wee place,so scenic, id often visit at least once every other month or so ! If you decide to go back again heres another adventure you could do,lom muak mountain through wing 5 navy base,its only open on thai holidays now[the mountain],well worth it once you reach the top,especially if the old spitfire planes are flying by ! 

Id recommend the hadthong hotel on the sea front,great buffet breakfasts and views from sea view balcony.

44056838_2250450844988164_6592912659220267008_n.jpg.8cc06a95f5ac994de35cf965be1f9e03.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, phantom51red said:

Well done,nice video and you avoided the monkeys on the way up,ao manao is a great wee place,so scenic, id often visit at least once every other month or so ! If you decide to go back again heres another adventure you could do,lom muak mountain through wing 5 navy base,its only open on thai holidays now[the mountain],well worth it once you reach the top,especially if the old spitfire planes are flying by ! 

Id recommend the hadthong hotel on the sea front,great buffet breakfasts and views from sea view balcony.

44056838_2250450844988164_6592912659220267008_n.jpg.8cc06a95f5ac994de35cf965be1f9e03.jpgThanks, looks like fun.  I tried to get up Khao Lom Muak a couple of months ago. I called the Airforce 5 Base and they told me that the beach was open at weekends and holidays but the mountain was closed because of the current situation. I’ll try again next time I am down that way.

• Like 1

(Thai subtitles can be toggled on and off) 

Here’s my latest YouTube travel video, in this one I show you what’s involved in hiking trail 2 (called ‘The Crocodile Trail) at Khao Yai National Park.

I also visit the Khao Khiao Viewpoint and Pha Diew Dai scenic cliff. I used to take people around Khao Yai exactly 30 years ago and like in the other videos in this Khao Yai series I share some old memories and pictures as well as helping you to get the most from your visit.

I Saw a Crocodile at Khao Yai National Park Thailand-Trail 2 and Khao Khiao Viewpoint Pha Diew Dai

• Like 3

As well as my latest video, I’m the guest on Reeshard Travel’s livestream this Saturday night at the slightly earlier time of 10pm Thai time. I’m looking forward to it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My latest YouTube video is a great but tough hike within a few hours of Bangkok. Khao Laem Mountain near Suan Phueng, a real up and coming tourist destination in itself. 

My friend Brian, founder of the ‘Thailand Adventure Seekers’ Facebook page and I did it the hard way lugging our gear up for an overnight camp but it can be done as a day hike. We finished off with a trip to a nearby waterfall and Natural Hot Spring.

Hiking and Camping Khao Laem, Suan Phueng Ratchaburi Thailand 4K. Sky of Honey in the Garden of Bees

• Like 2

พร้อมคำบรรยายภาษาไทยที่เลือกได้

Karl's Thailand spends a wild weekend camping at Khao Yai National Park. Thailand. In this video I concentrate on things a visitor to Khao Yai can do without being too adventurous. I visit Haew Narok Waterfall, Lam Takhong campsite and take a 'night safari' where you are driven through Khao Yai National Park while a guide uses a spotlight to search for wildlife. 

Animals spotted on night safari at Khao Yai include wild elephants, wild boar, Deer and porcupine. I also tell a couple of short stories about my experiences at Khao Yai National Park 30 years ago.

Wild Weekend at Khao Yai National Park Thailand 4K-Night Safari, Haew Narok Waterfall and Camping

• Like 3

interview a man who fought with man-eating tiger for his life for over 20 minutes at Khao Yai National Park Thailand. watch as he tells his story and show his scars at the very place where the incident occurred. Despite what happened he wishes to see tigers return to Khao Yai and like me misses the sense of excitement that you experienced when tigers still roamed Khao Yai's Jungle.

I also tell the story of my own  2 wild tiger encounters at Khao Yai National Park nearly 30 years ago. I also show the very rare photographs that I took at the time. They're not great pictures but I have never met anybody else who has photographed a wild Indochinese Tiger at Khao Yai.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I go Sky Diving in Pattaya Thailand with ‘Thai Sky Adventure’ who have some really great Sky Diving packages.

I was supposed to be jumping with Rodney as part of an NDTVI Pattaya challenge, hear what Rodney had to say about jumping out of an aeroplane.

I show you through the whole procedure on this excellent day out from Pattaya, Thailand.

Arranged by The Pattaya News with thanks.

Sky Diving in Pattaya Thailand is Insane - Thai Sky Adventure

Will you be reborn as a cockroach? I ponder upon this question for a few seconds as I take in the views on a great but tough hike to Wat Khao Wong Prachan, a spectacular Mountain Temple in Lopburi Thailand that offers exercise, fantastic views and maybe even redemption .

Wat Khao Wong Prachan is a popular pilgrimage amongst Thais seeking to enjoy and redeem themselves but must less known to foreigners. I take the harder more natural route to the top but here is a more obvious and slightly less difficult route to the top which I use on my way down

Will You be Reborn as a Cockroach? Redeem Yourself and Enjoy the View in Lopburi, Thailand

• Like 1

I visit an incredible Temple in Ang Thong, Thailand which is the home to hundreds of giant, 1 meter wingspan bats. It’s fantastic spectacle to these these prehistoric looking bats soar across the sky.

Wat Chanthraram is home to a rare colony of Leyle's Flying Foxes, a type of Fruit Bat and there are so many that you are guaranteed to see (and hear) them. They are also quite active during the daytime which makes viewing them very easy and convenient.

Bat Temple-Giant Bats (Flying Fox) at a Temple in Ang Thong Thailand - ค้างคาว วัดจันทราราม อ่างทอง

• Like 1