Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Time to rebook?

javasumatra

Hi All,

Mrs and I are booked to go to Thailand on 13th November returning December 4th. We are using redemption tickets in biz booked on JL and CX using AA points -  CLT-SFO-NRT-BKK-HKG-ORD-CLT. 

As many of you know, Redemption tickets are much easier found when booking a long way in advance. I think the November trip is a lost cause and I should change the booking for around Songkran 2021. Anyone have any thoughts/advice??

9 minutes ago, javasumatra said:

Hi All,

Mrs and I are booked to go to Thailand on 13th November returning December 4th. We are using redemption tickets in biz booked on JL and CX using AA points -  CLT-SFO-NRT-BKK-HKG-ORD-CLT. 

As many of you know, Redemption tickets are much easier found when booking a long way in advance. I think the November trip is a lost cause and I should change the booking for around Songkran 2021. Anyone have any thoughts/advice??

I don’t think tourists will be allowed in without quarantine (if at all) as early as Songkran. Sorry.

• Like 3

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Why is someone booking flights to a country, where people are not allowed to enter until any further date? Where is the sense in it? Just wait till the immigration opens the country and then book...

Less stressful, to me.

Forget songran, I’ve lost hope of even going there, considering that there’ll be a heap of restrictions to enter. Anyway only time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

1 hour ago, Horndog85 said:

Why is someone booking flights to a country, where people are not allowed to enter until any further date? Where is the sense in it? Just wait till the immigration opens the country and then book...

Less stressful, to me.

I booked these last November. Redemption tickets are released about a year in advance and snapped up quickly.

A year from now will see us back. I cant see anything before that. While the death rate has abated the virus is still flourishing all over the shop

November's not happening. No way I'd book a flight for 2021 now, with one exception. That exception would be an American Airlines award flight. Why? Well, looking at the terms on their website "We’re giving you more flexibility by waiving reinstatement fees for awards ticketed by December 31, 2020." So, you really have nothing to lose. I cancelled the award ticket for my summer trip with them and got my miles back in less than an hour. The fees took a few days if I remember correctly.

I'm hoping for next summer although I'd put it at less than 50-50 at this point, at least wrt no quarantine or other unpleasant restrictions.

• Like 1

Unfortunately ,I agree 

Approx 3,000 reported cases in the UK today + France also a high figure .

I understand + respect the Thai government's stance of lockdown 

January is looking extremely doubtful,

However I am an optimist +will wait + see

• Like 1

I’ve just cancelled my November trip, Emirates gave me 2 years to rebook, so maybe Feb/Mar (doubtful) Songkran (maybe) November 2021 (who knows)

• Like 1

I'm not booking flights until Thailand & other SE Asian countries fully open up again

• Like 3

13 hours ago, javasumatra said:

I think the November trip is a lost cause and I should change the booking for around Songkran 2021. Anyone have any thoughts/advice??

On what basis do you anticipate the Thais granting admission to you into the country? Are you OK with Quarantine and the costs etc ?

These seem to be prerequisites to making a booking IMO?

If your wife is Thai she should be fine.

This posted from another thread -

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/uploads/monthly_2020_07/0622FF3C-4B61-4B42-A450-CCC97201039D.jpeg.a1341302996bed289a9df4e29f0e9896.jpeg

Edited by Zeb

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

2 minutes ago, Zeb said:

On what basis do you anticipate the Thais granting admission to you into the country? Are you OK with Quarantine and the costs etc ?

I note your wife is Thai so she should be fine.

This posted from another thread -

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/uploads/monthly_2020_07/0622FF3C-4B61-4B42-A450-CCC97201039D.jpeg.a1341302996bed289a9df4e29f0e9896.jpeg

None whatsover.

Songkran is/was an absolute wet finger in the air. I am definitely not OK with quarantine, Both the time and the cost. 

I might as well pick a date to go though as else it justs AA points sitting in my account.

I think this year is a complete washout,when next year is anyone,s guess...what I can say with some certainty is that Patts for us non business people living here is that it,s pretty bloody amazing...:GrinNod1:

sorry and all that.

• Haha 1

I rebooked out flights for May/June fee free.

30 minutes ago, javasumatra said:

I rebooked out flights for May/June fee free.

Can you cancel them again, if you still can't go to Thailand then  ?

1 hour ago, jaynewcastle said:

Can you cancel them again, if you still can't go to Thailand then  ?

Yes.

On 06/09/2020 at 22:44, ronthebrummie said:

I’ve just cancelled my November trip, Emirates gave me 2 years to rebook, so maybe Feb/Mar (doubtful) Songkran (maybe) November 2021 (who knows)

Hi, just thinking about doing the same for my EK November flight. Was it just a matter of phoning them and how does the rebook system work? Thanks. I used points to upgrade so hope to get them back. (Hoping for Nov 2021 if borders open by then for tourists)

I went through the online chat, all very easy, they give you 2 years from your booking date, not travel date, to use your flight. so for me I`ve 18 months to reuse ticket, not sure about points or whether flight prices may increase and I have to pay a premium, I`ll cross that bridge as and when things reopen.

Ps if you booked via a 3rd party travel agent you have to go through them so there may be a supplement to the agent, I booked mine with STA travel who have now ceased trading which allowed me to deal direct through Emirates.

Best of luck.

ronthebrummie

Thanks, I booked back in Jan so looks as though Jan 2022 is my last hope to reuse. I booked direct with EK so will phone this week. From Emirates website no extra charges if prices have increased, only if deciding to go to a higher fare region.

"Whenever they are ready to travel again, within two years from the day their ticket was originally issued, they simply need to contact Emirates or their travel agents to reschedule their flight. Their ticket will be accepted for any flight to the same Emirates destination or to another city within the same Emirates region with no fees for changes. Those who wish to rebook their ticket to travel to another region can also do so – Emirates will not charge reissuance fees, only any applicable fare difference."

Edited by bangpatt
  • Like 1

ronthebrummie

Phoned Emirates this morning, less than a minute for them to answer. I took the rebook option and have to rebook before 19th Jan 2022 but that can be for flights after that date if you want. (I double checked with them about this)

They reinstated the skywards points I had used for the upgrade. Very pleased with their efficiency.

• 5 months later...

Has anybody tried the Emirates rebook option yet? Getting itchy feet and hoping for a Nov flight this year but we still don't know what Thailand will be doing for tourist admissions.