IGNORED

Best Kebabs in Pattaya. BBQ24

Plenty of chicken Kebabs places and carts around Pattaya for 60 bart but I have found a restaurant/take away that has Pork kebabs as well. And, fighting words I know, but the best kebabs in Pattaya. The place is BBQ24 in Soi 53 off Sukhimvit Road halfway along on the left hand side towards the railways roads. The soi is almost opposite the junction with the Eastern end of Pattaya Klang. 

BBQ24 has a range of chicken and pork kebabs of 3 sizes - medium, large and extra large. Not a lot of places have pork kebabs. The one variety I like is the added cheese option which has salad, the meat and a good lot of melted cheese. 

They have daily specials which are great value. Yesterday (Thursday) I had the daily special, a pork kebab, XXL extra large size, with melted cheese. It was huge and delicious for 100 bart. It was so large that it was enough for 2 meals for me. 

The only downside for me is the kebabs are wrapped in tin foil. I prefer paper wrapped.

The two ladies running the place are friendly and competent. A couple of tables and chairs if you want to eat in, so to speak.

Anyway - recommended for a good tasty feed at reasonable prices.

• Like 2

I love a good lamb kebab and the only place in Pattaya that I found that was really good and actually tasted like lamb was that small Turkish kebab shop in front of Walking Street next to Bambo bar. I tried plenty of other places that advertised lamb but it tasted like beef.

2 hours ago, anglesea said:

Plenty of chicken Kebabs places and carts around Pattaya for 60 bart but I have found a restaurant/take away that has Pork kebabs as well. And, fighting words I know, but the best kebabs in Pattaya. The place is BBQ24 in Soi 53 off Sukhimvit Road halfway along on the left hand side towards the railways roads. The soi is almost opposite the junction with the Eastern end of Pattaya Klang. 

BBQ24 has a range of chicken and pork kebabs of 3 sizes - medium, large and extra large. Not a lot of places have pork kebabs. The one variety I like is the added cheese option which has salad, the meat and a good lot of melted cheese. 

They have daily specials which are great value. Yesterday (Thursday) I had the daily special, a pork kebab, XXL extra large size, with melted cheese. It was,  huge and delicious for 100 bart. It was so large that it was enough for 2 meals for me. 

The only downside for me is the kebabs are wrapped in tin foil. I prefer paper wrapped.

The two ladies running the place are friendly and competent. A couple of tables and chairs if you want to eat in, so to speak.

Anyway - recommended for a good tasty feed at reasonable prices.

Yesterday was Wednesday,  today is Thursday. Just in case you had any important plans,

1 minute ago, bluechef said:

Yesterday was Wednesday,  today is Thursday. Just in case you had any important plans,

quite right. silly me. Yes the Wednesday special

44 minutes ago, dan2016 said:

I love a good lamb kebab and the only place in Pattaya that I found that was really good and actually tasted like lamb was that small Turkish kebab shop in front of Walking Street next to Bambo bar. I tried plenty of other places that advertised lamb but it tasted like beef.

Agree, best kebabs (shawarma?) that I know of in Central Pattaya.  That Turkish shop in front of WS is closed now (last time I checked), but there is another Turkish shop nearby, on the north east corner of 2nd road and South Pattaya road.

53 minutes ago, jimboh said:

So would that be on Soi NernPlubwan?

Sorry dont know it's name

Thanks for that, you’ve peaked my interest. I’ll have to give it a head to head with McDonners. Still my go to, will report back when Australian borders open in the next decade! :Anger:

my favorite is near the corner of Walking Street, on the road that Beach Road turns into when it curves (is that Pattaya Tai at that point?)... just up from the Bangkok Bank... small, hole in the wall shop owned by Turkish guys... best by far of all the ones I have tried... nice if you are leaving Walking Street bars (or Bamboo Bar), needing a bite to eat... I've tried 6 or 7 different shops/stands/etc... I also like one on Bukhao up from TreeLand (?)... they have a melted cheese version that I like quite a lot and also they feature BIG ARSE sized ones for fat pigs like myOwnSelf... those are my 2 goTO shops for now... used to also eat at a stand on Diane, near the parking lot of the LK hotel... theirs are also quite good - or at least used to be/not sure if they are still open, if they survived the COVID-19 shutdown/slowdown...

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

Not officially a kabob, but anyone know where to get a gyro with good tzatziki sauce? In Pattaya area, of course.

Sent from my vivo 1920 using Tapatalk

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, frantick said:

Not officially a kabob, but anyone know where to get a gyro with good tzatziki sauce? In Pattaya area, of course.

El Greco on Soi Bonkot does Gyros dishes. Delivery as well: https://www.foodpanda.co.th/restaurant/t6hx/el-greco

Edited by Abracadabra

sexy-naughty.png.764576a2887de17787b7331889800d21.png

The one at Pattaya Klang, near Beach road, moved to Tree Town, mentioned before as well.

Doner King

On 20/08/2020 at 20:22, frantick said:

No, but would be a nice alternative option, I guess that Turkish guy opposite Scooters near Tree Town could do one, as he has deep fay fryer, Gyro is just a kebab with some fries, correct?

On 20/08/2020 at 20:18, southsidebruce said:

used to also eat at a stand on Diane, near the parking lot of the LK hotel...

That would be Mr and Mrs Finn, still going and still very good, a crunchy pits bread wrap.

No, but would be a nice alternative option, I guess that Turkish guy opposite Scooters near Tree Town could do one, as he has deep fay fryer, Gyro is just a kebab with some fries, correct?
Basically the same, but the meat is a lamb/beef mixture and the sauce is a cucumber sauce. None of the kabob places I've gone in Pattaya have had tzatziki sauce, nears I can tell.

I tried the kabob restaurant on the corner of 2nd and Pattayatai, their darker meat, but doesn't taste like a gyro.

• 2 weeks later...

Swung by last night, had 2 small pork kebabs at 50B each, they come with a handful of fries, and kebabs were good and great value. Can sit down and eat at shop, they give free water also, the photo of the kebab was taken at the shop.

Just wish this place was near LK Metro.

thumbnail_IMG_2368.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2369.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2370.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2371.jpg

Edited by jimboh
  • Like 3