IGNORED

Looking for furnished Studio / 1 bdr

KhunChang

Have to move soon from my beloved condo because of a change of ownership.

Please read:

1) Location: preferably NAKLUEA, would eventually consider Central Pattaya.

Sorry, not interested at the moment by Jomtien, Pratamnak, Darkside etc...

2) Size,  35 square meter minimum. If not a condo would consider a small house if in my budget. 

3) Budget: 7000-9000. I pay 8000 at the moment, pre-covid price. Needless to say, that if I end up paying more and not less in the current situation,  it will be because i really, really like your place. 

Moreover : I'm a Very light sleeper, place needs to be quiet.

If you are thinking about selling your place in the near future I might be interested if i enjoy living there.

PM please.

Edited by KhunChang

I am not there ATM but a friend sends me stuff all the time via a mate of his.

I haven't got any actual contacts beside the one in post 10 of thread added you can try and contact her and she will search for you. but for 7 k to 9 k might be pushing it as she finds on commissions.

But theres are some good deal if you look on baht and sold or facebook try firesales 

I think  the 7.5k one is centric sea  and 11k for for the grand one is reasonable though 1 bedroom only as big as studio in  centara.

image.png.caca1e483cc638e594ebb2095ad0424d.png

image.png.66f4c8d6e00004f04cb5c232c5ddc4f8.png

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

Look at the thread by Stubby, he has a 1 bed room condo that's 51 square meters and renting for 8000b a month in Central Pattaya.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Player in the Game of Life

• 5 weeks later...

Have you decided yet?

I am curious as I am juggling between Urban, Grand Avenue and Centric Sea,

30 minutes ago, LASportsNut said:

Have you decided yet?

No, but my research are centred on Nakluea. Few options at a cheap price but no love at first sight yet.

I will start look more at central pattaya this month but I would prefer nakluea, area where I have built some solid habits.

13 minutes ago, KhunChang said:

No, but my research are centred on Nakluea. Few options at a cheap price but no love at first sight yet.

I will start look more at central pattaya this month but I would prefer nakluea, area where I have built some solid habits.

Nice. I am leaning toward Urban (spend more time in this area) or Centric (more my style).

4 hours ago, LASportsNut said:

Have you decided yet?

I am currently staying at grand avenue at a 36 sqm 1 bedroom. Will be looking for something new, as I am paying 17k a month now on a month-to-month deal. I just paid for a visa so will be staying in Thailand for at least 6 months. Relayed this info to the manager (who contacted the owner), looking for a better rate for 6 months. They said no. So I'll be moving into a new place come October. 

Grand avenue has a better location than the urban (if don't have a scooter) because it's about half way between 2nd road and soi buakhao. The urban is just as close to 2nd road, but it's a much longer walk to soi buakhao.

The immediate area around Centric sea is like a wasteland, not even a 7-11 or family mart within decent walking distance. It's a tall building, so some of the units must have a good view of the ocean. 

36 sqm may sound smallish for a 1 bedroom, but the layout at grand avenue is efficient, and it seems bigger than that. And I have a city, looking towards centara, so I can see the sun coming up. Not sure I would like a pool view, where you are looking at the a building about 20 meters away. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, wadman said:

I am currently staying at grand avenue at a 36 sqm 1 bedroom. Will be looking for something new, as I am paying 17k a month now on a month-to-month deal. I just paid for a visa so will be staying in Thailand for at least 6 months. Relayed this info to the manager (who contacted the owner), looking for a better rate for 6 months. They said no. So I'll be moving into a new place come October. 

Grand avenue has a better location than the urban (if don't have a scooter) because it's about half way between 2nd road and soi buakhao. The urban is just as close to 2nd road, but it's a much longer walk to soi buakhao.

The immediate area around Centric sea is like a wasteland, not even a 7-11 or family mart within decent walking distance. It's a tall building, so some of the units must have a good view of the ocean. 

36 sqm may sound smallish for a 1 bedroom, but the layout at grand avenue is efficient, and it seems bigger than that. And I have a city, looking towards centara, so I can see the sun coming up. Not sure I would like a pool view, where you are looking at the a building about 20 meters away. 

I’ve seen the same size condo in that building advertised for 11k a month on a 12 month contract so you should certainly get a better price than 17k for 6 months.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

That's a hell of a lot to be paying for a 36sqm one bedroom. I have a friend who just moved into a sweet looking 35sqm studio at Centara for 10000฿. 

I live in a 62sqm one bedroom here at the Urban and I pay 17000฿. 

The location of the Urban is just fine and Soi Buakhao is minutes away walking...it's not a long walk!  

I didn't have a scooter when I first moved in, the location was one of the things I liked. I walked everywhere the first few months of living here before I purchased my bike. 

There is actually a Soi between Avenue Residence and Urban that leads right to Soi Buakhao near Action St. bars or what's left of them.

I walk every morning and it doesn't even take 10 minutes from here to Soi Buakhao where the hospital is. 

I'm moving out of the Urban next month after two years living here. Moving to a 81sqm one bedroom in Jomtien for 16000฿.

31 minutes ago, davidge said:

I’ve seen the same size condo in that building advertised for 11k a month on a 12 month contract so you should certainly get a better price than 17k for 6 months.

Yeah, again it's on a month to month deal, starting in April, and I had no idea how things would shake out at that time.  It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to move if you are leaving next month for the sake of a few thousand baht. 

One perk was that unit didn't have the electricity installed at that time, so it was free electricity for the first 2.5 months. 

40 minutes ago, Rocketboy said:

That's a hell of a lot to be paying for a 36sqm one bedroom. I have a friend who just moved into a sweet looking 35sqm studio at Centara for 10000฿. 

I live in a 62sqm one bedroom here at the Urban and I pay 17000฿. 

The location of the Urban is just fine and Soi Buakhao is minutes away walking...it's not a long walk!  

I didn't have a scooter when I first moved in, the location was one of the things I liked. I walked everywhere the first few months of living here before I purchased my bike. 

There is actually a Soi between Avenue Residence and Urban that leads right to Soi Buakhao near Action St. bars or what's left of them.

I walk every morning and it doesn't even take 10 minutes from here to Soi Buakhao where the hospital is. 

I'm moving out of the Urban next month after two years living here. Moving to a 81sqm one bedroom in Jomtien for 16000฿.

Again, mine was a Month to month deal. Pre-covid, typical prices for grand avenue were 25k month to month, or 15k on a 1 year contract. 

I didn't realize there is a soi connecting the urban to soi buakhao, but I see it on Google maps now. I have always taken the long way (soi 15) to soi buakhao on my scouting trips. Knowing this now, that ad on bahtandsold for a 52 sqm unit at the urban suddenly looks better. The advertised price is 12k on a 1 year lease, but I'll offer 12k for 6 months and see what happens. 

I can't believe the guy didn't take up your offer to renew at a lower than 17k rate for 6 months, maybe he doesn't want the property tied up, or maybe he is dumb? It's a buyers market, always go in with well below the asking first up I'd say offer 10k for 6 month on the 52sq at urban...there are empty condos everywhere with no chance of being filled due to c19.

• Like 2

We’ve wandered off topic a bit (including me :WhoSaw1:) so, to be fair to the OP, can we get back to his original question re. Condos in Naklua in the first place.

Thanks.

Don’t know if this is of any use?

6A2A5018-1E7F-4A1B-8932-3A95610CA1C3.jpeg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rope-a-dope said:

I can't believe the guy didn't take up your offer to renew at a lower than 17k rate for 6 months, maybe he doesn't want the property tied up, or maybe he is dumb? It's a buyers market, always go in with well below the asking first up I'd say offer 10k for 6 month on the 52sq at urban...there are empty condos everywhere with no chance of being filled due to c19.

You might be surprised at some of the deals you can get, if you deal direct with the owners or the Condo office, Estate agents ask for the unrealistic , full asking price to make their commission. I'm sure most owner would take a reduced rent rather than it be empty for a year.There are loads of normally rented apartments that have been empty for over 6 months.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, davidge said:

Thanks. i've been living there before. I think the standard size for studios is 28 or 26 sqm which is not enough. I'd like a studio around 35 sqm.

Edited by KhunChang

34 minutes ago, KhunChang said:

Thanks. i've been living there before. I think the standard size for studios is 28 or 26 sqm which is not enough. I'd like a studio around 35 sqm.

No problem. They may have 1-bed as well?

Let me squeeze 1 question in, if I may.

I see that for 1 year leases, the standard requirement is to pay 1 month deposit + 2 months rent before you move in.  Does this mean that you don't pay rent for the last 2 months?

1 hour ago, wadman said:

I see that for 1 year leases, the standard requirement is to pay 1 month deposit + 2 months rent before you move in.  Does this mean that you don't pay rent for the last 2 months?

You are paying the first months rent, the last months rent and a security deposit.  

Some owners may ask for more than one months rent deposit.  I forget the specifics but I do believe it’s illegal for them to do this if they own more  than six units. 

Just now, manni2011 said:

You are paying the first months rent, the last months rent and a security deposit.  

Some owners may ask for more than one months rent deposit.  I forget the specifics but I do believe it’s illegal for them to do this if they own more  than six units. 

OK, so you don't pay rent the last month then?  And you get your 1 month security deposit back (cross fingers) once the landlord checks out the apartment?  Is that how it works?

On 09/09/2020 at 05:05, wadman said:

Maybe i have never heard this before as it is  usually 2 months deposit.

But  there a new law of 1 months deposit max so maybe that's a way around it.

IMO ( 1 big room is better than 2 small ones) so dont get  1 bedroom at 36 sqm you be better of with a studio same size.

Go back and read post 2 and ask lead in  thread in  post 10 . I got a  big studio 40 sqm in centara last year  for 14k per month for 5  months with no deposit. ( but i paid in full  and had good reference from juristic office) should get a better deal now.

Other BM have used her as well

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

On 08/09/2020 at 15:04, LASportsNut said:

Nice. I am leaning toward Urban (spend more time in this area) or Centric (more my style).

Centric Seas condo rooms are pretty compact....I find having to do the elevator thing everyday a drag....The balconies are really small too...

But But

The pool is freaking fantastic.....Not only is the view amazing but the water in the pool is ultra clean due to some high-tek  filtration system I think.....Its almost worth living there just for the pool....I have considered living there before....

Edited by fforest
  • Like 1

On 14/09/2020 at 19:30, talung66 said:

IMO ( 1 big room is better than 2 small ones) so dont get  1 bedroom at 36 sqm you be better of with a studio same size.

As is the case with things involving taste, YMMV.  But a seperate bedroom gives that feeling of being in a "proper" condo, so you don't see your bed all the time.  Some people care about this, some don't.  It also allows to run your aircon more efficiently as you only need to cool down either the living room or the bedroom.  When cooking up a storm, you can close the bedroom door so the smell doesn't permeate everywhere.

For me, Grand Avenue 36 sqm units have a very efficient layout, that is just right for me.  E.G. the bathroom is smallish but just right for me, so it doesn't take up unnecessary space. I have viewed other larger units with a less eifficient layout, and it really doesn't seem any more spacious. 

On 08/09/2020 at 15:03, davidge said:

Lumpini is ok as well .. that is a really good price .. 7-11 on site plus massage place...  I stayed there for about a month really enjoyed it ... central to everything Nakula, not far from the beach.  Condo was brilliant.. little touches I  liked    Aircon heated the water for shower saves on electricity and had a full water filtering system so on tap cold drinking water  

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/24606143?source_impression_id=p3_1600193648_x%2BKnJY9gbzgbekd5

Edited by T-T-T