IGNORED

Gaethje v Kahbib

kramer_456

This one went the way I expected it to. The guy is just different, Khabib makes it look so easy against the very best.

I think these guys with "elite" wrestling on paper are just not used to it when they come across Khabib.

Khabib wrestles against the very best guys in the world day in day out. These other guys often dont even use wrestling in there fighting anymore and as soon as Khabib grabs them they have no idea what to do.

I also think Khabibs standup is very underrated. I mean he has been able to stand with Poirier, Conor and now Gaethje and not look out of place. His chin is incredible and he walks through them and must be demoralizing for those strikers.

• Like 2

Good to see Rob Whittaker take the win.

Khabib made it look easy, relentless pressure not giving Gaethje  time to breathe or think. by the time Khabib had him on the ground Gaethje  was too gassed to put up any sort of counter to Khabib.  Well planned and executed.

• Like 1

Definitely no doubt now. Khabib is just too good. His pressure meant Gaethje couldn't set for any of his punches or kicks so they weren't as hard. And his ground game is just next level. His fight IQ is so high as well. Notice he didn't try and wrestle Gaethje as much on the ground like he did with Conor and Dustin. He went straight for Submissions instead. Its a shame he's retiring without having a crack at the 170 belt.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, kramer_456 said:

Definitely no doubt now. Khabib is just too good. His pressure meant Gaethje couldn't set for any of his punches or kicks so they weren't as hard. And his ground game is just next level. His fight IQ is so high as well. Notice he didn't try and wrestle Gaethje as much on the ground like he did with Conor and Dustin. He went straight for Submissions instead. Its a shame he's retiring without having a crack at the 170 belt.

Glad to see you're giving Khabib his props now. :)  Great fight for as long as it lasted.  Justin's such a good guy and I don't think this drops his stock much, he's still one of the best LW's.  He took the loss well and knows what he needs to improve, the attitude of a winner.  I hope he eventually gets the belt at some point.  Would've been nice to see Khabib continue on, but totally understandable why he retired.  The lightweight division is wide open now, how do you see it shaking out?  I figure Dustin/Conor in Jan will now be for the vacant title and no matter who wins that, there's going to be serious competition awaiting the next champ. 

7 hours ago, Harry Brown said:

Good to see Rob Whittaker take the win.

Khabib made it look easy, relentless pressure not giving Gaethje  time to breathe or think. by the time Khabib had him on the ground Gaethje  was too gassed to put up any sort of counter to Khabib.  Well planned and executed.

It was an impressive display.  Justin went nearly 5 full rounds against Tony without gassing, and against Khabib he was gassed 2 minutes into the fight.  The insane pressure forced Justin to read and react to every little twitch from Khabib which is more draining than people think.  Like everyone else that's fought him, they've all got a plan until they're actually in there with him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phuclam said:

It was an impressive display.  Justin went nearly 5 full rounds against Tony without gassing, and against Khabib he was gassed 2 minutes into the fight.  The insane pressure forced Justin to read and react to every little twitch from Khabib which is more draining than people think.  Like everyone else that's fought him, they've all got a plan until they're actually in there with him.

Yes, exactly that.

17 hours ago, phuclam said:

Glad to see you're giving Khabib his props now. :)  Great fight for as long as it lasted.  Justin's such a good guy and I don't think this drops his stock much, he's still one of the best LW's.  He took the loss well and knows what he needs to improve, the attitude of a winner.  I hope he eventually gets the belt at some point.  Would've been nice to see Khabib continue on, but totally understandable why he retired.  The lightweight division is wide open now, how do you see it shaking out?  I figure Dustin/Conor in Jan will now be for the vacant title and no matter who wins that, there's going to be serious competition awaiting the next champ. 

Its going to be very interesting now going forward. I can see Gaethje having a good chance beating all those guys now he avoids getting hit as much. Chandler is going to add an interesting extra to the mix as well. I hope they don't make Dustin v Conor for the belt. If Conor was to get it and then start playing stupid games again instead of fighting it just fucks up the division again.

On 26/10/2020 at 17:30, kramer_456 said:

Its going to be very interesting now going forward. I can see Gaethje having a good chance beating all those guys now he avoids getting hit as much. Chandler is going to add an interesting extra to the mix as well. I hope they don't make Dustin v Conor for the belt. If Conor was to get it and then start playing stupid games again instead of fighting it just fucks up the division again.

Gaethje/Chandler would be a ridiculous fight, really hope they do that one.  I'd prefer if Dustin/Conor wasn't for the belt either but at this point it seems fairly likely.  Totally agree regarding Conor, if he's willing to come back and actually be active I don't mind but if he goes back to stalling the division that would be really disappointing. So much talent at LW, and some of these guys are starting to get up there in age.  There's just no time to waste on stuff like that.