Jump to content
IGNORED

My Elite Visa Application (Day 1 until the End)


Recommended Posts

leicesterguyuk

I did also see the following in a news article: 

"TPC says in its announcement that both members and new joiners will be contacted by email and told to prepare their documentation for submission to the Thai embassy in their home country."

I've not seen said announcement but it looks promising for new members and those currently going through the approval process. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • LASportsNut

    111

  • leicesterguyuk

    23

  • basket case

    18

  • davidge

    15

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The thread is already getting very confused as a result of interjections. It might be better if people wait until the OP finishes his (lengthy) story and then ask questions at the end if necessary!

I got Elite 2 years ago after years of short term visas, and seeing my mate get denied at the airport with a valid tourist(3mo) visa.  I had done the math and for myself flying in/out + hotels for vis

So now it is a waiting game.  I am in step #2 on the chart.   I will update this as I receive any information or have any stumbling blocks. I tried to be thorough so there would be no questi

Posted Images

I finally apply for a Thai elite visa via thailandelite.com

Everything went as LASportsNut described at the start of this topic.

I asked them, by email, a few questions, in particular to find out if the fact for new members of not having the Thai elite visa affixed to their passport would not pose any difficulties for them to return in Thailand.

I had a response on august 21, 2020, so after the details of the practical arrangements for hosting elite visa holders were revealed.

My Thailand Priviledge card co correspondent specifies that, now, only the Thailand elite members who already affixed Thailand elite visa in their passport can come back in Thailand.

In order to affix the visa in your passport, you need to contact your ambassy. My interlocutor indicates that not all ambassies will provide this service because they are focusing on a repatriation scheme for thai national...

If things are going positively for those already hold an elite visa affixed in their passport, for those who do not yet have this visa in their passport, additional obstacles have to be removed...

So from what I understand, it's no longer possible to have the elite visa affixed in a thai airport as it was the case before coronavirus pandemic...

 
 
 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not surprised that they are putting existing Elite Visa holders at the head of the queue. Makes sense.

I suspect that, once the existing members are taken care of, they will happily take the visa fees, and put new members into the queue. If they don't, I can't imagine anyone actually paying for the Elite Visa.

For those of us that really want to get into the country (and not just for a holiday), the TE visa seems to be the most likely route in the next 3-6 months

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, basket case said:

I'm not surprised that they are putting existing Elite Visa holders at the head of the queue. Makes sense.

I suspect that, once the existing members are taken care of, they will happily take the visa fees, and put new members into the queue. If they don't, I can't imagine anyone actually paying for the Elite Visa.

For those of us that really want to get into the country (and not just for a holiday), the TE visa seems to be the most likely route in the next 3-6 months

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
 

Re: the recent discussions about opening Phuket up to long stay Tourists on 1st October (Koh Samui won't be far behind if they do), I can see how this would be targeted at Elite Visa Members (which will hopefully mean more can travel to Thailand) but I can't see why Non-O retirement holders couldn't take advantage of it to return so if you're only buying the TE to get back quicker you may want to hang fire a little bit to see how things go

Having said that, if I could be sure that I wanted to spend the next 20 years in Thailand I would get the 1 Million THB 20 year TE Visa tomorrow (OK maybe not tomorrow given a) I'm currently (stuck) in Thailand & b) I only extended my Non-O on Wednesday, good to 26th September 2021 but you know what I mean)  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The nice thing about the TE option (for now) is that that you can apply without paying and defer paying for 3 to 6 months. So I'm just keeping my options open.

Not being a "stick in the mud", but I don't see how they can expect the Phuket option to work. How would the expect non-infected tourists to not interact with newly arrived infected tourists? And how would they manage the testing infrastucture, given that they can't seem to scale the existing ASQ testing infrastructure?

I understand and appreciate their Desire to at least have some tourists for the coming high season.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, basket case said:

The nice thing about the TE option (for now) is that that you can apply without paying and defer paying for 3 to 6 months. So I'm just keeping my options open.

Not being a "stick in the mud", but I don't see how they can expect the Phuket option to work. How would the expect non-infected tourists to not interact with newly arrived infected tourists? And how would they manage the testing infrastucture, given that they can't seem to scale the existing ASQ testing infrastructure?

I understand and appreciate their Desire to at least have some tourists for the coming high season.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
 

Completely agree, what are they going to do, set-up border posts on the bridges going into/out of Phuket??? Plus by doing this they are more or less killing off domestic tourism to the island which is probably worth more money to them than the small number of visitors this scheme will attract...  But I guess that's one for another thread...

All things considered, I do think the 20 year TE is good value for money, especially if you travel a lot so can make use of fast track arrival/departure & airport lounges. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JB300 said:

Completely agree, what are they going to do, set-up border posts on the bridges going into/out of Phuket??? Plus by doing this they are more or less killing off domestic tourism to the island which is probably worth more money to them than the small number of visitors this scheme will attract...  But I guess that's one for another thread...

All things considered, I do think the 20 year TE is good value for money, especially if you travel a lot so can make use of fast track arrival/departure & airport lounges. 

Wouldn't be surprised to find out that until you have cleared quarantine and your multiple tests all showed negative that you would not have access to most of the Phuket area.

The only way they could work it really.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, basket case said:

The nice thing about the TE option (for now) is that that you can apply without paying and defer paying for 3 to 6 months. So I'm just keeping my options open.

Not being a "stick in the mud", but I don't see how they can expect the Phuket option to work. How would the expect non-infected tourists to not interact with newly arrived infected tourists? And how would they manage the testing infrastucture, given that they can't seem to scale the existing ASQ testing infrastructure?

I understand and appreciate their Desire to at least have some tourists for the coming high season.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
 

Based upon what I have read, they are using Phuket to target those with more holiday funds, plus if for reason they have a second wave due to the Elite Visa's or whatever they allow in, it will be isolated on the island.

Link to post
Share on other sites
leicesterguyuk

The Phuket proposal is encouraging, and it seems that it will be not only for Thai Elite but for other categories too, such as Non-O retirement visas and tourist visas, it reads that all will be welcome as long as they follow the procedure. 

In terms of spread, it won't be a free for all in Phuket, it will be similar to the ASQ program in Bangkok, movement will be very limited, maybe with slightly more freedom. If hotel workers are not permitted to leave the hotel without 14 days quarantine and testing as suggested, it indicates they plan for a very secure system. 

As for leaving Phuket after the initial 21 days, I guess it will be exactly what JB300 said, border posts. I expect to fly or leave by bus or boat, you'll need some form of Fit to Travel certificate that will be issued after the 3rd negative covid19 test at the end of the 3rd week. No other way to manage it...? 

October 1st seems optimistic though I think, with no commercial flights at the moment, no visas / exemptions in place and no hotel vetted or approved. Wheels turn slowly in Thailand at the best of times so it'll be interesting to see how this one unravels in the next few weeks. 

It could be a good way to get the Elite Visa affixed though - travel to Phuket on whichever visa becomes available for this proposal (or exemption if allowed) and then switch at Chaeng Wattana, basically doing your quarantine in Phuket rather than Bangkok and for 3 weeks instead of 2 with a little more freedom. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JB300 said:

so if you're only buying the TE to get back quicker you may want to hang fire a little bit to see how things go

Yep good advise otherwise £12,500 down the shitter .

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
leicesterguyuk
39 minutes ago, Pheat said:

Yep good advise otherwise £12,500 down the shitter .

Genius. Classic British :HaHaHa1:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
misterdobalina
On 16/08/2020 at 16:46, Jack Frost said:

Just watched this guys video & he is doing 2 weeks quarantine in a nice hotel but I noticed he had some Thai girl in his room.

He said it was the Holiday in & in Rayong.

He also walked out of the front door of the hotel & went down to the restaurant for food & a cocktail 

Is this for real ???

I found it very interesting.

I figured that somewhere on the P-A forum the subject of a quarantine assistant would come up!!!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
misterdobalina
On 04/08/2020 at 16:29, LASportsNut said:

Day #1 (August 3, 2020) Continued-

I looked around some more and realized all the great privileges:

Plus the had a great FAQ page.

Forgive me for asking this, but having read all 8 pages, I'm still unclear what the additional fee is for the thailandelite service that I would need to pay in addition to the b500,000?

This has been great information for me wanting to leave the outskirts of San Francisco for Pattaya til I drop!!!!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Per the thai elite website, the 500k 5 year visa has no annual fee. But it does not include the free golf and spa visits.

The 2mm baht 20 year visa does have a 20k baht annual fee

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
misterdobalina
27 minutes ago, basket case said:

Per the thai elite website, the 500k 5 year visa has no annual fee. But it does not include the free golf and spa visits.

The 2mm baht 20 year visa does have a 20k baht annual fee

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
 

my question pertained to an additional fee for thailandelite.com as they expedite and process your application, meet you at the airport, take you to the bank, etc. I'm assuming that was a non governmental agency, and as the TG's say , "nothing in this world is free".

Link to post
Share on other sites

All is answered on the website www.thailandelite.com

And it is a governmental agency

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

From my email today....

*kindly be informed that foreigners still are not allow to enter Thailand at the moment including Thailand Elite members. However, we would like to inform you that at the moment, we are in process of editing our proposal to meet the high standards and suggestions of related ministries such as The Ministries of Foreign Affairs and The Ministries of Public Health. It takes time because we are trying to negotiate for the best and the most convenient for members while the government has many issues to concern and needs us to follow. 
 
However, we still waiting for the official announcement from Thai government for further action. 


Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, basket case said:

Per the thai elite website, the 500k 5 year visa has no annual fee. But it does not include the free golf and spa visits.

The 2mm baht 20 year visa does have a 20k baht annual fee

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
 

The 500K 5 year visa has no annual fee but does include a limited amount of free golf, spa & 24 1-way airport transfers (so 12 return trips) Plus Airport Meet & greet / fast track access, assistance with Visa Extension & 90 day reports (Certain locations only)

The 1 Million 20 year visa doesn't include any golf, spa, airport transfers  but does include the airport.visa/90 day report assistance

Only the 2 Million 20 year visa has a fee & it includes unlimited airport transfers, golf, spa etc... 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
leicesterguyuk
7 hours ago, basket case said:

From my email today....

*kindly be informed that foreigners still are not allow to enter Thailand at the moment including Thailand Elite members. However, we would like to inform you that at the moment, we are in process of editing our proposal to meet the high standards and suggestions of related ministries such as The Ministries of Foreign Affairs and The Ministries of Public Health. It takes time because we are trying to negotiate for the best and the most convenient for members while the government has many issues to concern and needs us to follow. 
 
However, we still waiting for the official announcement from Thai government for further action. 


Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
 

So the TEM-Q flow chart that has been floated is at present just a plan and not a procedure? 

Gosh, wheels do turn slowly. But they think the Phuket plan will be ready and fully operational by October 1st? Hmm! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great thread & following with much interest.

As much as I would love to go to Thailand ant time soon I think I will wait until normal is back.

The prices of the Elite visa, the Q hotel, plus all the other costs are a very large amount of money when added up.

For me the 2 weeks in a hotel would be like jail, & the putting things together & running around with doctors & embassy certainly sounds stressful & hard work.

That all said never say never but I have no wife or kids in Thailand & looking at the videos on you tube it is a million miles away from the place I have been for a quarter of a century & enjoyed in so many different ways.

With not many tourists for may be another 12 months I would predict some things will become quit horrible.

This Elite visa certainly sounds like a quick or fast track way of getting back if you can spend such a large amount of money.

Just may be in the end the only way to get back & in will be to purchase a Elite visa if you want to stay a long time, as apart from the 30 day visa on arrival when ever that comes back just may be as Thailand tests this elite visa out during this Covid period they might do away with all the cheap O Falang retirement visas & eventually make all persons purchase the Elite visas.

It was only about 6 years back that they allowed persons living there to do 30 days visa runs.

I have heard for many years that Thailand wants the high end tourist & the high end retired persons & I have seen evidence of this.

So not sure if I will hold out but in my 25 years of going to Thailand I did once go 18 months with out a visit due to health problems but its now 6 months & I think it will be one more year before they will let me in at least.

Any way back on total track you guys are doing what you need to do & its great reading all this a adding such great information for us to consider & know how the process works.

 

Thanks.

 

Jack.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The reason I was on the site today, I was looking to see if I should upgrade to the "Elite Superiority Extension."

It cost twice as much but you get 15 more years.  

So while I was reviewing the options, I saw my update.

I sent my representative an email and inquired if I changed from "Elite Easy Access" to "Elite Superiority Extension" would it delay my approval or travel dates.

She replied within 30 minutes and advised me of my approval.

She also informed me it would not delay anything if i changed but she needed to know to send me the proper information so I can pay.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

My calculations give me much better results for the 20 years (plus 1 year extension). 

image.png.290c8d7064e5b39d727072500f153014.png

That is a lot of money.

I do not like and have never liked credit card debt so I will use my two new credit cards to get the introduction points, then pay it off in September/October.

I have the extra money, but I will have to sell some stocks and move some money around to get access.

I am still not touching any business income or pension, so it is all good as it will not affect my current or future monthly income.

To help me justify this decision, I decided I will have to fly coach instead of business class from now on. 

It will offset the cost, as I can fly coach for $400-800 round trip, but business class is $2500-4500 round trip.

Email response sent, "Please upgrade to Elite Superiority Extension.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
leicesterguyuk
2 minutes ago, LASportsNut said:

My calculations give me much better results for the 20 years (plus 1 year extension). 

image.png.290c8d7064e5b39d727072500f153014.png

That is a lot of money.

I do not like and have never liked credit card debt so I will use my two new credit cards to get the introduction points, then pay it off in September/October.

I have the extra money, but I will have to sell some stocks and move some money around to get access.

I am still not touching any business income or pension, so it is all good as it will not affect my current or future monthly income.

To help me justify this decision, I decided I will have to fly coach instead of business class from now on. 

It will offset the cost, as I can fly coach for $400-800 round trip, but business class is $2500-4500 round trip.

Email response sent, "Please upgrade to Elite Superiority Extension.

 

 

I was in a similar situation with the choice between 5 and 20 years. As I'm only 36 years old, it was actually a no brainer in the end to go for the 20 year option. 

In your calculation, don't forget the extra 6 months for free if you've paid up by the end of September. 

Have you asked Thai Elite anything about getting the visa affixed yet? Is the option to have the visa posted out to your local embassy official? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • COVID-19

    Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

  • Advertise on Pattaya Addicts
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.