Jump to content
IGNORED

My Elite Visa Application (Day 1 until the End)


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, LASportsNut said:

Due to your question I also sent an email. (see below)

Yes, it is 90 days, however I sent Thailand Elite Visa an email to confirm and they responded with the following:

Actually, the approval letter is valid only 3 months before payment is due.

However, due to uncertain situation we’re pleased to extend the approval letter for 3 months in order to make the payment after situation is back to normal.

Should you have any question, pleased do not hesitate to contact us.

So this is bad news. This means they are having some issues with government approval, or the number of Elite Visa's gaining entry and/or the number of applicants for Elite Visa

 

Being a credit card miles whore, I am curious if the payment can be split over 2 (or more) credit cards?

Even if not, the 6-month lag time to pay will give you plenty of time to find the credit card that works best for you/offers the most bang for the buck and get an application in, if need be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • LASportsNut

    111

  • leicesterguyuk

    23

  • basket case

    18

  • davidge

    15

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The thread is already getting very confused as a result of interjections. It might be better if people wait until the OP finishes his (lengthy) story and then ask questions at the end if necessary!

I got Elite 2 years ago after years of short term visas, and seeing my mate get denied at the airport with a valid tourist(3mo) visa.  I had done the math and for myself flying in/out + hotels for vis

So now it is a waiting game.  I am in step #2 on the chart.   I will update this as I receive any information or have any stumbling blocks. I tried to be thorough so there would be no questi

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Being a credit card miles whore, I am curious if the payment can be split over 2 (or more) credit cards?

Even if not, the 6-month lag time to pay will give you plenty of time to find the credit card that works best for you/offers the most bang for the buck and get an application in, if need be.

Yes, I am curious too. 

Unfortunately I had already applied for my new card (Chase Sapphire Preferred), so I will have to make a decision:

  • Pay now and hope I can travel last quarter of 2020
  • Forget it all and reapply for Retirement Visa for May 2021

@Luv2Phuket I have not activated the new card yet. Does the time start when you activate it or as soon as I obtained approval to get itl.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually put in an application for a TE visa today. When they asked about how you intended to pay for the visa, the only option was via bank transfer (they asked for the country from which you intended to initiate the transfer). No option (yet) for paying via cc.

If offered, I'd be all over paying by cc. I'd happily take some extra Chase UR points!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, basket case said:

I actually put in an application for a TE visa today. When they asked about how you intended to pay for the visa, the only option was via bank transfer (they asked for the country from which you intended to initiate the transfer). No option (yet) for paying via cc.

If offered, I'd be all over paying by cc. I'd happily take some extra Chase UR points!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
 

Did you use Thailand Elite or one of the other agencies?

 

Edited by LASportsNut
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, basket case said:

I did not use an agency

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
 

OK. I believe you, however I will inquire as well, as their chart has credit card payment as an option in Step #4.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A cc may be an option once you actually need to pay.

I sincerely hope you are correct.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LASportsNut said:

Yes, I am curious too. 

Unfortunately I had already applied for my new card (Chase Sapphire Preferred), so I will have to make a decision:

  • Pay now and hope I can travel last quarter of 2020
  • Forget it all and reapply for Retirement Visa for May 2021

@Luv2Phuket I have not activated the new card yet. Does the time start when you activate it or as soon as I obtained approval to get itl.


I think it starts from when the account is opened, but you should call and check with Chase.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/08/2020 at 04:50, basket case said:

I didn't buy a place here in Vegas, just renting.

California can be very aggressive about getting income taxes. For example, if you are a resident, leave overseas for 20 years, and then come back for, say, medial care for a few months, then CA will claim that you never really intended to give up residency, and go after 20 years of back taxes. Or if you keep a mailing address with a relative in CA, they might claim again that you never intended to leave.

My account advised that I quite literally sever all ties with CA for a year. Residence, drivers license, voter registration, banking, magazine subscriptions.... everything to NV.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
 

I got the exact same advice from my money guy and moved to Seattle for a couple of years before relocating to Singapore for a new gig. Sold my CA real estate, canceled the library card, got a WA drivers license and filed my federal income taxes from my newly purchased residence in WA. No fucking way that I’m paying CA state income tax while not living there, over 10% now yah?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Top marginsl rate of 13.3%, with discussion of taking that higher this year for incomes in excess of $1mm. And no lower capital gains rate.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
Yes of course.
P4P here in Los Angeles is $300-600.
Massage with P4P is $150-200.
So if you take the average it is only 35-91 P4P.
I can get 30-60 P4P in one month in LOS. 
I prefer the complete atmosphere to Pattaya vs Los Angeles.
I have lived her fro 55+ years and I need a change of scenario.
Money is not much of an issue, as I worked two full time jobs for 23+ years. 
Saved and invested well.
My decision to move to thailand has nothing to do with p4p. I would just rather live there than live in CA or NV. I already have plans to move to Sattahip.

I also figure I can easily live on 1/4 of what it costs me to live here in the US. So the ROI on a TE visa is about 4 months.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, basket case said:

A cc may be an option once you actually need to pay.

I sincerely hope you are correct.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
 

I contacted Thailand Elite to enquire about credit card payment and time frame to make payment.  Here is their response:

"Greeting from Thailand Elite ..

Refer to your question, we’re pleased to confirm that you will be able to pay by using Credit Card (Visa or Mastercard is acceptable).

The approval letter is valid only 3 months for making the payment.

However, due to uncertain situation we’re pleased to extend the approval letter for another 3 months.  So you will have have 6 months to make the payment." 

So it looks like they are backed up due to the limitation of 500 arrivals a day and along with the current Thailand Elite Visa members trying to get back, along with all the new applications.

Bummer.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
I contacted Thailand Elite to enquire about credit card payment and time frame to make payment.  Here is their response:

"Greeting from Thailand Elite ..

Refer to your question, we’re pleased to confirm that you will be able to pay by using Credit Card (Visa or Mastercard is acceptable).

The approval letter is valid only 3 months for making the payment.

However, due to uncertain situation we’re pleased to extend the approval letter for another 3 months.  So you will have have 6 months to make the payment." 

So it looks like they are backed up due to the limitation of 500 arrivals a day and along with the current Thailand Elite Visa members trying to get back, along with all the new applications.

Bummer.....

Thanks for the update on cc!!

500 a day sounds small, but you're looking at 60,000 people thru December. I'm guessing they'll squeeze in the 1000 or so TE members.

And thats assuming they will only allow 500 a day, which is limited by ASQ capacity. If the demand is really there, I can see more empty hotels looking to join the program.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
leicesterguyuk

I've so far been watching this thread with interest but thought I'd add my findings / thoughts too. 

I applied for the TE visa on August 13th so 10 days later than yourself. I had been in Thailand for nearly 2 years on back to back tourist visas. This was getting extremely difficult so I was already considering the Elite visa, but Covid19 has given me that extra push I needed. I'm from the United Kingdom and have been back here since the end of March. With no one having any idea when general tourism will resume in Thailand, the Elite will hopefully provide a faster route back. I applied for the Superiority Extension, 20 years for 1 million baht. The additional benefits didn't really appeal to me and I'm only in my 30's so opted for a longer term option. 

The point about the payment needing to be made now within 6 months rather than the usual 3 months, I wouldn't worry about this, not necessarily a bad thing. I believe the additional 3 months were given around the same time the additional 6 months were added to all Elite visas (existing and new members) and the 'uncertain times' refer to Covid19 in general rather than the uncertainty about Elite holders returning. 

As for numbers, there are more new applicants this year than ever before by quite a margin, but I did read that 70% of these applicants are people already in Thailand. I also read that a reasonable number of existing (a few hundred) Elite members are outside of Thailand awaiting return. So the number of potential new members wanting to get into Thailand won't be that many hopefully. But of course, the ASQ hotels need to be shared between all allowed categories of non-Thai nationals and Thai nationals who choose ASQ. 

A final point for new, I did read part of an interview that gave some further hope for potential new members: 

"A TPC source said in a phone interview that, once the details had been inked in, existing Elite visa card holders and those whose applications had been vetted and accepted in Bangkok would obtain a letter from TPC which would form part of their documentary file to show to their local Thai embassy."

All hearsay for now but it's encouraging. My Thai Embassy in London like many others around the world still state Elite holders are not permitted to return but hopefully that will change soon once something is made official. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, leicesterguyuk said:

I've so far been watching this thread with interest but thought I'd add my findings / thoughts too. 

I applied for the TE visa on August 13th so 10 days later than yourself. I had been in Thailand for nearly 2 years on back to back tourist visas. This was getting extremely difficult so I was already considering the Elite visa, but Covid19 has given me that extra push I needed. I'm from the United Kingdom and have been back here since the end of March. With no one having any idea when general tourism will resume in Thailand, the Elite will hopefully provide a faster route back. I applied for the Superiority Extension, 20 years for 1 million baht. The additional benefits didn't really appeal to me and I'm only in my 30's so opted for a longer term option. 

The point about the payment needing to be made now within 6 months rather than the usual 3 months, I wouldn't worry about this, not necessarily a bad thing. I believe the additional 3 months were given around the same time the additional 6 months were added to all Elite visas (existing and new members) and the 'uncertain times' refer to Covid19 in general rather than the uncertainty about Elite holders returning. 

As for numbers, there are more new applicants this year than ever before by quite a margin, but I did read that 70% of these applicants are people already in Thailand. I also read that a reasonable number of existing (a few hundred) Elite members are outside of Thailand awaiting return. So the number of potential new members wanting to get into Thailand won't be that many hopefully. But of course, the ASQ hotels need to be shared between all allowed categories of non-Thai nationals and Thai nationals who choose ASQ. 

A final point for new, I did read part of an interview that gave some further hope for potential new members: 

"A TPC source said in a phone interview that, once the details had been inked in, existing Elite visa card holders and those whose applications had been vetted and accepted in Bangkok would obtain a letter from TPC which would form part of their documentary file to show to their local Thai embassy."

All hearsay for now but it's encouraging. My Thai Embassy in London like many others around the world still state Elite holders are not permitted to return but hopefully that will change soon once something is made official. 

All good information. Thank you for contributing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The announcement just came through three hours ago that Thailand Elite Visa holders are now allowed to seek permission to enter the country!  This is very excited and great news.  It isn't simple though.  Here are the steps, I might get some parts a little out of order.  Keep in mind this is after the purchase of the visa:

1. Submit application to Thailand Elite to seek permission to apply to enter the country

2. Purchase the required $100,000 COVID health insurance (this varies, but for me is about 28,000 baht)

3. If permission is granted from Thailand Elite, submit documents to the Thai Consulate in your country to apply of Certificate of Entry.

4. Pay for your selected quarantine hotel.  There are 36 options for the two weeks, the cheapest is 32,000 baht.

5. If Certificate of Entry is granted get on the waiting list for a repatriation flight, priority is given to Thai citizens, they are running one per month from Vietnam right now.  I have no idea how much that will cost.

6. 72 hours before flight obtain a negative COVID test and a Fit to Fly certificate from a hospital.

I completed step one... waiting to hear back from them on a timeline for all this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
leicesterguyuk
1 hour ago, thaifiend said:

The announcement just came through three hours ago that Thailand Elite Visa holders are now allowed to seek permission to enter the country! 

Do you have a link to this announcement? 

By 'seek permission' from Thai Elite, I assume you mean after being granted the Elite visa, you ask them to provide a letter of authorisation to present to your local embassy / consulate to kick start to process of getting the CoE? 

There were 3 repatriation flights announced from the UK to Thailand for August, no news on September yet but hopefully there will be more. 

Edited by leicesterguyuk
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, leicesterguyuk said:

Do you have a link to this announcement? 

This is directly from the email I received:

"Announcement for CCSA approved Thailand Elite Members Quarantine Program

Dear Valued members,
Greetings from Thailand Elite and we hope this message finds you well.

We, Thailand Privilege Card Co., Ltd. would like to announce that we have received permission from Thailand’s Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) for Thailand Elite members stranded abroad to be able to return to Thailand for long stay. Members will be approved under conditions and procedures of CCSA, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Public Health.
Under the program called Thailand Elite Members Quarantine (TEMQ), members who have been stranded abroad for a long period will be able to travel back to Thailand using Elite Visa along with few other documents required by Thai government. It is also important to give full cooperation to the government to prevent the second outbreak of COVID-19. Therefore, the process of 14 days quarantine is a must.
To learn the terms and conditions of Thailand Elite Members Quarantine (TEMQ) Program."

Some of the documents they link to in the email mention a quota of initial members allowed entry.  Yes, I believe you are correct about seeking permission to apply to for a CoE.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, thaifiend said:
This is directly from the email I received:

"Announcement for CCSA approved Thailand Elite Members Quarantine Program
Dear Valued members, Greetings from Thailand Elite and we hope this message finds you well.

We, Thailand Privilege Card Co., Ltd. would like to announce that we have received permission from Thailand’s Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) for Thailand Elite members stranded abroad to be able to return to Thailand for long stay. Members will be approved under conditions and procedures of CCSA, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Public Health.
Under the program called Thailand Elite Members Quarantine (TEMQ), members who have been stranded abroad for a long period will be able to travel back to Thailand using Elite Visa along with few other documents required by Thai government. It is also important to give full cooperation to the government to prevent the second outbreak of COVID-19. Therefore, the process of 14 days quarantine is a must.
To learn the terms and conditions of Thailand Elite Members Quarantine (TEMQ) Program."

Some of the documents they link to in the email mention a quota of initial members allowed entry.  Yes, I believe you are correct about seeking permission to apply to for a CoE.


Congratulations!

Based upon this wording it appears it may only be for current members.

I will wait for my membership approval. 

I will then post any further instructions I receive.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by LASportsNut
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
leicesterguyuk
9 minutes ago, LASportsNut said:

Based upon this working it appears it may only be for current members.

I was about to say exactly the same. Hopefully Thai Elite will be willing and able to issue authorisation letters for new members too who have yet to have their visa affixed. Many approved applicants are unlikely to pay up until they have confirmation of this so one would hope Thai Elite will push for this. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
leicesterguyuk
1 hour ago, thaifiend said:

This is directly from the email I received:

Thinking about this from a different (more optimistic) angle, as this was an email to an existing Thai Elite member, maybe there was no need for any mention of new members or those currently waiting approval. Maybe it was even an intentional omission to make existing members feel a bit more 'elite'? :Grin3:

It's the mention of quotas that is slightly more disheartening, which almost definitely would prioritise existing members. Although hopefully not many of them are currently out of the country and wanting to get back. Hopefully clarification from Thai Elite will follow soon. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Thinking about this from a different (more optimistic) angle, as this was an email to an existing Thai Elite member, maybe there was no need for any mention of new members or those currently waiting approval. Maybe it was even an intentional omission to make existing members feel a bit more 'elite'? :Grin3:
It's the mention of quotas that is slightly more disheartening, which almost definitely would prioritise existing members. Although hopefully not many of them are currently out of the country and wanting to get back. Hopefully clarification from Thai Elite will follow soon. 

I like this positive thinking.

I hope you are correct.

I am still 2 weeks from when I expect an approval. So let’s see how it goes.

If there are any others who are new applicants and are following this thread and you get an approval, feel free to post it.

I won’t consider it thread F-ing as I will still keep my timeline going.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, leicesterguyuk said:

It's the mention of quotas that is slightly more disheartening, which almost definitely would prioritise existing members. 

Here is the relevant section of the document mentioning quotas.  My understanding is the total number of people to enter Thailand is capped per day right now, so maybe Elite Visa holders have been granted a small amount.  I would feel confident anybody waiting for approval will be able to enter once they get all the paperwork. (ASQ = Alternate State Quarantine)

"3. After receiving your completed application form, we will send your information to Ministry of Foreign Affairs and start contacting your selected ASQ hotel. If your first choice of ASQ hotel is not available, we will contact the second, third, fourth and fifth ASQ hotels you ranked in the application form. Once members’ information is approved by the government, members will get confirmation emails from us and can start preparing documents to contact the nearest Royal Thai embassy/ Consulate for Certificate of Entry (COE) and available seat on repatriation flights. This process may take from 5 days up to 2 weeks and we may contact you in between if the government requires more information from you.

4. For those who have not got the confirmation email from us, your name will be put in the next quota we are now negotiating with the government and it seems very positive at the moment. We will send the confirmation email to you once it is approved."

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thaifiend said:

Here is the relevant section of the document mentioning quotas.  My understanding is the total number of people to enter Thailand is capped per day right now, so maybe Elite Visa holders have been granted a small amount.  I would feel confident anybody waiting for approval will be able to enter once they get all the paperwork. (ASQ = Alternate State Quarantine)

"3. After receiving your completed application form, we will send your information to Ministry of Foreign Affairs and start contacting your selected ASQ hotel. If your first choice of ASQ hotel is not available, we will contact the second, third, fourth and fifth ASQ hotels you ranked in the application form. Once members’ information is approved by the government, members will get confirmation emails from us and can start preparing documents to contact the nearest Royal Thai embassy/ Consulate for Certificate of Entry (COE) and available seat on repatriation flights. This process may take from 5 days up to 2 weeks and we may contact you in between if the government requires more information from you.

4. For those who have not got the confirmation email from us, your name will be put in the next quota we are now negotiating with the government and it seems very positive at the moment. We will send the confirmation email to you once it is approved."

Saw this graphic of the process posted on another forum.

Thai Elite.png

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Saw this graphic of the process posted on another forum.

Thai Elite.png

Thank you!  This is good information and clears up a lot of the questions and misinformation.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • COVID-19

    Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

  • Advertise on Pattaya Addicts
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.