Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Looking for 2nd hand Ebook Reader

KhunChang

I'd like to try one of those device to see if i like it.

Not keen to buy the cheapest one on Lazada as I might be disappointed but not wanted to splash too much money yet on something i'm not sure i will use for good.

So if you have a used one for sale, let me know by PM.

I'm Pattaya based.

Edited by KhunChang

• 4 weeks later...

I switched a few years ago after swearing I'd never use a screen to read ...and now I love it. I have the waterproof Kindle paperwhite, and had the regular paperwhite before this. Being able to download books, read in a tub, toss it into a jacket pocket / motorcycle tankbag / backpack and carry enough books for any length trip with zero weight is a game changer. Also, being able to read in bed without a light. For me, this has meant being able to maintain my nighttime ritual of reading in bed whether I'm in a hotel room in Panama or in a tent in Yosemite. 

I'd strongly recommend getting one with a high density paperwhite screen. These won't keep you awake at night the way reading on a regular tablet will, and the reading experience is much more pleasant. I've tried reading on a regular tablet and never really got into it.

I'd be happy to sell you my previous one, but since I'm not in Thailand it'll likely be several months. I hope it works out for you! 

I just use my iPad mini with an app called Aldiko.    Works great.  Costs nothing.   If you have a big phone you could try it on that.

5 hours ago, keepitfun said:

I just use my iPad mini with an app called Aldiko.    Works great.  Costs nothing.   If you have a big phone you could try it on that.

Thanks.
Anyway i bought a used Kindle 4 and very pleased with the price and the device.

• Like 3

You soon get used to them.

I went back to reading one of my "real"  books this morning,  and found myself poking at the page with my fingertip and waiting for it to turn.

• Haha 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 22/08/2020 at 08:20, ocka said:

You soon get used to them.

I went back to reading one of my "real"  books this morning,  and found myself poking at the page with my fingertip and waiting for it to turn.

I recently went back as well, since I'm not traveling at the moment and am stockpiling secondhand books. I had to actually give up and get a couple of lights around the bed, have to remember that I can't drop it in the tub, have to keep batteries supplied to the clip-on LED light, had to dig up some bookmarks, etc. But it's been worth it; there's something extremely relaxing about reading an actual printed book that I don't think I'm ever going to give up.

Keeping the Kindle around for the next motorcycle adventure or whenever we can travel again.