Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Premier League 2020/21

davidge

17 minutes ago, Baxidar ba said:

Dele Ali about to sign for PSG, didn't see that coming.

If they get good money for him it's good for spurs. He is very inconsistent, a passenger for the a couple of years, Jose had his number from the off in that spurs documentary. Speaking of which, anyone seen it? Funniest part was when Dele was chatting to the club nutritionist, she asked what he had been up to during lockdown...

"I did some cooking..."

"oh really, what sort of dishes dele"?

"baked beans...I didn't realise how easy it was"!

nutritionist, laughing now "beans..of course it's easy, just put them in a pot on the hob"!

"no, 2 minutes in the microwave"

1 minute ago, rope-a-dope said:

If they get good money for him it's good for spurs. He is very inconsistent, a passenger for the a couple of years, Jose had his number from the off in that spurs documentary. Speaking of which, anyone seen it? Funniest part was when Dele was chatting to the club nutritionist, she asked what he had been up to during lockdown...

"I did some cooking..."

"oh really, what sort of dishes dele"?

"baked beans...I didn't realise how easy it was"!

nutritionist, laughing now "beans..of course it's easy, just put them in a pot on the hob"!

"no, 2 minutes in the microwave"

It was just reported on talk sport that he's in negotiations with PSG now, he's young & English so I can't see Levy letting him go on the cheap, Spurs probably need the cash to finance Bales wages.

Ali has so much potential, could be an outstanding player if he applies himself correctly.

Just now, Baxidar ba said:

It was just reported on talk sport that he's in negotiations with PSG now, he's young & English so I can't see Levy letting him go on the cheap, Spurs probably need the cash to finance Bales wages.

Ali has so much potential, could be an outstanding player if he applies himself correctly.

Well, that is the problem, he doesn't apply himself correctly, which is why he is being sold. Whether he will at PSG is debatable, but he may pull his finger out. He got lazy and like a lot of young premier league players, it's job done and sit on your laurels time fist sniff of glory.

David Moyes and two West Ham players have tested positive for Covid-19.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

On 20/09/2020 at 14:33, Baxidar ba said:

Sounds like Ali has the same mentality as the rest of the current Manchester United squad and would fit in real well. :P

39 minutes ago, overseas516 said:

Sounds like Ali has the same mentality as the rest of the current Manchester United squad and would fit in real well. :P

As it happens at this point in time & with the realisation that we'll probably finish below Arsenal & Spurs & possibly have to scrap with Everton for 6th place, I'd happily take Dele at United.

39 minutes ago, Baxidar ba said:

As it happens at this point in time & with the realisation that we'll probably finish below Arsenal & Spurs & possibly have to scrap with Everton for 6th place, I'd happily take Dele at United.

Are you throwing in the towel already Baxidar ba? :Surrender1:What disappoints you the most the lack of transfers or your players NOT fit for the opening  game.

23 hours ago, overseas516 said:

Are you throwing in the towel already Baxidar ba? :Surrender1:What disappoints you the most the lack of transfers or your players NOT fit for the opening  game.

(Rant alert) A bit of both, I'm sick of it, Cancelled sky sports (£60 per month) & haven't paid the TV licence fee since it ran out last month, i only watched football on it anyway so sod it.

I'm fed with the Glaziers bleeding the club dry to pay their debts, I'm sick of Woodward's incompetence, I'm sick watching clubs like Spurs & Arsenal build fantastic new stadiums whilst Old Trafford is allowed to slowly decay.

I can't even escape to Pattaya for a few weeks to ease the pain, I'm fed up with the whole damn sh1t show.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

1608F149-F08C-4014-B059-40059694113C.jpeg

Some of these figures could still increase as they have until the 16th to buy players from the Championship.

Tv fixtures for next month announced. ‘Box Office’ means behind the £14.95 per game paywall (they can fuck right off!):

Saturday 17 October

12:30 Everton v Liverpool (BT Sport)

15:00 Chelsea v Southampton (BT Sport Box Office)

17:30 Man City v Arsenal (Sky Sports)

20:00 Newcastle v Man Utd (Sky Sports Box Office)

Sunday 18 October

12:00 Sheffield Utd v Fulham (BT Sport Box Office)

14:00 Crystal Palace v Brighton (Sky Sports)

16:30 Spurs v West Ham (Sky Sports)

19:15 Leicester City v Aston Villa (Sky Sports Box Office)

Monday 19 October

17:30 West Brom v Burnley (Sky Sports Box Office)

20:00 Leeds v Wolves (Sky Sports)

Friday 23 October

20:00 Aston Villa v Leeds Utd (BT Sport Box Office)

Saturday 24 October

12:30 West Ham v Man City (BT Sport)

15:00 Fulham v Crystal Palace (BT Sport Box Office)

17:30 Man Utd v Chelsea (Sky Sports)

20:00 Liverpool v Sheff Utd (Sky Sports Box Office)

Sunday 25 October

14:00 Southampton v Everton (Sky Sports)

16:30 Wolves v Newcastle (Sky Sports)

19:15 Arsenal v Leicester City (Sky Sports Box Office)

Monday 26 October

17:30 Brighton v West Brom (Sky Sports Box Office)

20:00 Burnley v Spurs (Sky Sports)

Friday 30 October

20:00 Wolves v Crystal Palace (BT Sport Box Office)

Saturday 31 October

12:30 Sheff Utd v Man City (BT Sport)

15:00 Burnley v Chelsea (BT Sport Box Office)

17:30 Liverpool v West Ham (Sky Sports)

Sunday 1 November

12:00 Aston Villa v Southampton (Sky Sports Box Office)

14:00 Newcastle v Everton (Sky Sports)

16:30 Man Utd v Arsenal (Sky Sports)

19:15 Spurs v Brighton (Sky Sports Box Office)

Monday 2 November

17:30 Fulham v West Brom (Sky Sports Box Office)

20:00 Leeds v Leicester (Sky Sports)

I plead with people in the UK not to purchase any of the PPV view games. At the moment they are using it to show additional games that would not have been shown under normal circumstanes but if it gains traction then I foresee the big games being scheduled as PPV games. Remember, that is a PPV charge on top of a the normal monthly subsciption.

1 hour ago, gmingot said:

I plead with people in the UK not to purchase any of the PPV view games. At the moment they are using it to show additional games that would not have been shown under normal circumstanes but if it gains traction then I foresee the big games being scheduled as PPV games. Remember, that is a PPV charge on top of a the normal monthly subsciption.

I fully agree. If it wasn’t for the need to have it in 2 rooms, and not having brilliant internet, I’d dump Sky & BT completely and go Android. Frankly, they’re just driving people towards illegal streaming.

Manchester United and Liverpool are the driving force behind the biggest changes to English football in a generation and an extraordinary overhaul of the Premier League, The Daily Telegraph can reveal.

The two clubs have worked together on a radical set of proposals – called “Project Big Picture” - that will reshape the finances of the game. The Premier League, the most lucrative sports league in the world, would see a reduction to 18 teams, and controlling power in the hands of the biggest clubs.

In return for tearing up many of the rules that have governed the game since the Premier League’s inception in 1992 there will be £250 million rescue package to the Football League to see them through the Covid crisis.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal the details of the working document “Revitalisation” authored by Liverpool’s American ownership Fenway Sports Group with support from United. It anticipates the backing of the other members of the so-called big six, Manchester City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur.

In a remarkable set of proposals, which will send shockwaves through the game, 25 per cent of the Premier League’s annual revenue will go to the EFL clubs with £250 million paid up front to see them through the current crisis. There would also be a gift of £100 million to sustain the Football Association.

However, there would be an abolition of the one-club, one-vote principle that has sustained the Premier League since its inception as well as the abolition of the threshold of 14 votes to pass any decision or regulation change.

Under the new proposals, the League Cup and the Community Shield would be abolished. There have been additional discussions that the League Cup would survive but without the participation of the clubs in Europe.

There would be two automatic promotion places for Championship clubs, but the third, fourth and fifth placed clubs would be in a play-off tournament with the 16th placed Premier League club.

The nine clubs who have been in the Premier League for the longest - which includes the big six - would dictate its running in every aspect and would be free to play more games in the expanded Champions League that is anticipated from the 2024-2025 season onwards.

As well as the Premier League dropping from 20 clubs to 18, there would be 24 in each of the Championship, League One and League Two making a total of 90.

The plan is supported by the EFL chairman Rick Parry who has held talks with Liverpool’s principal owner, the American investor John W Henry, and shareholder and director Mike Gordon. In addition, Parry has spoken to the Glazer family, who own United.

The talks began in 2017 but have been accelerated since the coronavirus pandemic has thrust football into the grip of crisis with no fans in stadiums until March at the earliest. Liverpool and United are prepared for a fierce debate over their proposals but they want them implemented as soon as possible.

The Revitalisation document calls for immediate action to cut dramatically what it calls the “revenue chasm” in earnings from television contracts between the Premier League and the EFL. In order to discourage Championship clubs from gambling recklessly on promotion, the parachute payments system would be abolished in favour of the 25 per cent share of Premier League revenue being shared more equitably among EFL clubs.

Under proposals for the new model of distribution of television revenue in the Premier League, Fenway, the driving force behind the document, insist there would be no greater share for the top six. Their stated aim is to eliminate the huge gap in earnings between Premier League and EFL clubs while in return having a greater control of the decisions made by the Premier League.

The document says: “A reset of the economics and governance of the English football pyramid is long overdue”.

The proposals also rewrite the Premier League’s 20-club democracy in favour of placing huge power in the hands of the nine clubs with the longest continual stay in the division. As things stand that is the big six, as well as Everton, Southampton and West Ham. Those nine clubs afforded “long-term shareholder status” would have unprecedented power, with the votes of just six of them required to make sweeping changes. These clubs would even be able to veto a new owner taking over a rival club.

In an exclusive interview with The Daily Telegraph, Parry said that he had the support of many of his 72 members, many currently facing financial ruin, to go ahead with the plan. He said: “What do we do? Leave it exactly as it is and allow the smaller clubs to wither? Or do we do something about it? And you can’t do something about it without something changing. And the view of our clubs is if the [big] six get some benefits but the 72 also do, we are up for it.”

He accepted there would be opposition from the Premier League clubs outside the big six who would see it as detrimental to their financial prospects with less money and two fewer places in the top flight.

“It is definitely going to be challenging and it is an enormous change so that won’t be without some pain,” Parry said: “Do I genuinely think it’s for the greater good of the game as a whole? Absolutely. And if the [big] six are deriving some benefit then why shouldn’t they. Why wouldn’t they put their names to this otherwise?”

The proposals include:

£250 million immediately to the EFL to compensate its clubs for lost matchday revenue, deducted from future television revenue earnings and financed by a loan taken out by the Premier League

Special status for the nine longest serving clubs – and the vote of only six of those “long-term shareholders” required to make major changes, including amending rules and regulations, agreeing contracts, removal of the chief executive, and a wide-ranging veto including on club ownership

Premier League to go to 18 clubs from 20

£100 million one-off gift to the FA to cover its coronavirus losses, the non-league game, the women’s game, the grassroots

8.5 per cent of annual net Premier League revenue to go on operating costs and “good causes” including the FA

From the remainder, 25 per cent of all combined Premier League and Football League revenues to go to the EFL clubs

Six per cent of Premier League gross revenues to pay for stadium improvements across the top four divisions, calculated at £100 per seat

New rules for the distribution of Premier League television income, overseas and domestic, including proposals that base one portion on performance over three years in the league

The abolition of the League Cup and the Community Shield

24 clubs each in the Championship, League One and League Two reducing the professional game overall from 92 clubs to 90

A women's professional league independent of the Premier League or the FA

Two sides automatically relegated from the Premier League every season and the top two Championship teams promoted. The 16th place Premier League club in a play-off tournament with the Championship’s third, fourth and fifth placed teams.

Financial fair play regulations in line with Uefa, and full access for Premier League executive to club accounts

A fan charter including capping of away tickets at £20, away travel subsidised, a focus on a return to safe standing, a minimum away allocation of eight per cent capacity

Later Premier League start in August to give greater scope for pre-season friendlies, and requirement for all clubs to compete once every five years in a summer Premier League tournament

Huge changes to loan system allowing clubs to have 15 players out on loan domestically at any one time and up to four at a single club in England

They are so out of touch with what the actual fans want and love about our game,I was embarrassed and ashamed when my club took furlough money,it was only a strong backlash from the fans that made them back track ,after that they did there bit by giving the stadium to the nhs as a testing station

I'm surprised more praise hasn't been heaped on the leicester city chairwoman as she was the only one who voted against the pay for view games,and the brighton chairman said he would payback any season ticket holders who pay for their games

5B6E45DC-E604-4581-BBAD-6939C6E84A9F.jpeg

....until greed once again gets the better of a chairman or two. No doubt next time they will play their cards closer to their chest.

• 5 weeks later...

The Premier League has scrapped its pay-per-view method for matches until at least the new year, and some fixtures will now be shown on the BBC.

Fulham's game against Everton on Sunday, 22 November (12:00 GMT) will be screened live on BBC One.

The Premier League said all remaining games in November and over the Christmas and New Year period will be shown on existing broadcast services.

The £14.95 pay-per-view fee was introduced in October.

It led to significant protests among fan groups and more than £300,000 has been raised for charity by fans boycotting pay-per-view games after top-flight clubs voted 19-1 in favour of the "interim solution".

Now, the Premier League has reverted to the model used in September, in which all 28 Premier League matches were shown live with all broadcast partners - Sky Sports, BT Sport, the BBC and Amazon Prime - screening matches.

It has announced the broadcast selections for the rest of this month, with the competition resuming after the international break on Saturday, 21 November.

The selections for December and January will follow later.

"There is a full schedule of Premier League games over the festive period and clubs are committed to an accessible solution for fans," said the Premier League in a statement.

"These plans have been made with the cooperation of our broadcast partners, working with us to deliver these additional matches while stadiums are missing the supporters who are such an integral part of the game.

"The agreement will be reviewed in the new year following consultation with clubs, broadcast partners and in line with any decisions made by government regarding the return of spectators to stadiums."

(BBC)

A2680F1A-6231-4C4F-A8EF-C070F0FB82A3.jpeg2536187F-C079-444D-8542-55CAEA340CA1.jpeg71FC5DF7-D21B-4D59-833D-4047F5B7AB4A.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Because of the COVID virus this has become a strange old season.  Could this be the first ever season I've not been to Goodison Park since I first started watching Everton.  In 1971/72 season I first watched Everton play and watched them 3 times.  The following season 1972/73 I watched them live just the once.  And 1973/74 was my first season watching Everton has a regular and have been going to Goodison Park has a regular ever since.  And 1976/77 season was my first season has a Season Ticket holder and been a season ticket holder ever since.  So it feels strange arriving i at the end of December and not visiting Goodison Park once.  Hopefully with the vaccine being rolled out I will get to visit Goodison Park a few times before the end of the season 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I see that Leicester City won last night and went top of the league.  Leicester are doing well under Brendan Rodgers. I think they will continue to do well this season

• 4 weeks later...

Net spending by current PL Clubs over the last ten transfer windows:

image.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

West Ham have revealed their kit for next season:

image.jpeg