Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Best Thai / local places in Pattaya

I've done a few of the foodie places in Bangkok that everyone's talking about (big fan of Mark Wiens so far!), but every Thai I've asked said that if food is a priority, I should stay in Bangkok and not expect great things from Pattaya. I did have a ton of expats in Bangkok tell me the opposite: that if I ever stay in Thailand long enough to miss foreign food, Pattaya has me covered.

Do you guys agree? And even if this is true, I have to assume that Pattaya's best green curry is better than, say, London's best green curry, right? What are the must-do Thai places / dishes / local favorites I should put on my list?

I know, I'm barking up the wrong tree here, but as I wrote above, I'm approaching this from the perspective that an unremarkable (by Thai standards) dish is still likely better than attempting that at the typical pad thai and peanut butter satay places everywhere else in the world.

I think there is some excellent Thai Restaurants in Pattaya, but personally I think the better ones are not in the more touristy areas, hence the reputation.

If you can expand more what you are looking for, maybe I can help.

But you have me worried already, that you are looking for Touristy Thai Food by mentioning Green Curry, Pad Thai, and Satay?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

May’s Urban Thai Dine on Thep Prasit road do some very nice Thai food in a more elegant dining atmosphere. There’s also a new Thai restaurant opening in what was Laong’s Bistro on Jomtien 2nd Road, called “Tu Kau Khoa Pattaya”, they are also elegant dining style and are the first pattaya / Jomtien based restaurant of a Bangkok series of venues. Planned opening is August 1st
658f606f71d31fe4f0abc46995598ef5.jpg

4 hours ago, ractdi said:

May’s Urban Thai Dine on Thep Prasit road do some very nice Thai food in a more elegant dining atmosphere. There’s also a new Thai restaurant opening in what was Laong’s Bistro on Jomtien 2nd Road, called “Tu Kau Khoa Pattaya”, they are also elegant dining style and are the first pattaya / Jomtien based restaurant of a Bangkok series of venues. Planned opening is August 1st

I agree about May's with the caveat that it needs to be understood that it is Bangkok Thai food, which many of the ladies from Isan would call Farang Thai food, my GF included. She would add that it is very good Farang Thai food.

If one wanted more Isan type dishes, which are also less costly, I would suggest Tum Leii on 3rd Road shortly past the Thappraya over pass. Also there is an outdoor place in Phratamank called  Ta Chuap, which has gotten rave reviews from many. Word is Elton John loves the place and has had the owner flown into London to cater parties. I still have not gotten my lazy ass over there. Maybe on Monday, as I like the bike shop near by and it is time for an oil change and brake checkup.

Anybody have an MP recommendation in Phratamnak, for a possible more personal oil change. :rolleyes:

Edited by ChiFlyer

Saw this on my line timeline, some may (pardon the pun) be interested. Numbers are limited so probably wise to book soon

da1d345d4c8d7f5a8f114c4b3bd0b71a.jpg

On 26/07/2020 at 04:58, ChiFlyer said:

Also there is an outdoor place in Phratamank called  Ta Chuap, which has gotten rave reviews from many. Word is Elton John loves the place and has had the owner flown into London to cater parties.

• 9 months later...
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Andrew123 said:

Is that you in the video?

Insanely popular with Thais, with a Pad Thai stall and a noodles stall next to it, with a big row of tables which are always full. Fantastic selection on fresh herbs and vegetables to go with the dishes.

https://goo.gl/maps/bru4zqAfHJxUWbgJ9

Open at around 5 pm...when the bank closes.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

4 Chysee Bamee-Kiew

• Good Thai food.
  • Large bowl of soup is 50 baht.
  • Other Thai dishes are available.
  • 180 meter walk (2 minute walk) from Telephone Bar.
  • No air conditioning.

4 Chysee Bamee-Kiew has a 4.8 out of 5 star rating on Google Maps reviews:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/4+CHYSEE+BAMEE-KIEW/@12.9200246,100.8927247,18.49z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x310295dfb1372471:0x97239a99aa69a674!8m2!3d12.920255!4d100.8926406

Good video review of 4 Chysee Bamee-Kiew, but in the Korean language:
Click on the "CC" button in the lower right corner of the Youtube video to get English subtitles.

Edited by Andrew123

• 2 months later...
On 27/07/2020 at 19:49, chirockr said:

Am a regular in this place, as its near my Condo, recommend it.

Aside, I do find Thai food a total rip off in many of the popular Bars around Pattaya. A few days ago, ended up paying 200B for Larb Moo and rice for the missus. I had a lovely Breakfast for 199B. And missus said it was crap. 

• Like 1

On 21/10/2021 at 23:02, jimboh said:

Aside, I do find Thai food a total rip off in many of the popular Bars around Pattaya. A few days ago, ended up paying 200B for Larb Moo and rice for the missus. I had a lovely Breakfast for 199B. And missus said it was crap. 

yeah agreed but like buying beer from bar or a 7-11 , when you are hit with the munchies while drinking with a SYT , the last thing you want is to leave your seat to go buy food ..... there is a premium to pay

..... unless you are like me and the bar is an open bar where the food just motos a few steps from you!

Please remember to like and subscribe.

On 21/10/2021 at 22:02, jimboh said:

It makes sense as an easy profit maker, like charging more for drinks with a cheaper meal. Thai food is cheap to make, the bars/pubs know that many guys will drag along their lady for the day/night who only wants to eat Thai food a lot of the time so they can mark it up and make a nice profit while keeping the falang food reasonably priced to attract the guys coming in alone. That's why your lovely breakfast was 199. Customers see it as a rip off, business/restaurant owners see it as a smart business decision. 

11 minutes ago, jimboh said:

Really

In my opinion, yes. They know people are willing to pay more in that situation just like they know that people will pay more for beverages/alcohol to have with their meal. 

I used to really enjoy and frequently have the Thai food at Pattaya Beer Garden and most dishes were 150+ baht but it was good quality and decent portions and of course, you are paying for the location as well.

To stay on topic... right now, I mostly have just been ordering in Thai food from Somtam Na Mueang and one other restaurant which I forget the name on Grab. Quality can be hit or miss sometimes but they make it spicy like I like it and they have most of my favorite Thai dishes.

• 1 month later...

I go now frequently to Jomtien night market, very busy every evening, also with falang plus girls.

Inexpensive authentic thai food, particullarly the pad thai is made on the big flat steel plate, that you dont see often anymore, very big portion for 80b with seafood.

All different kind of food booths and juice stalls.

Its self service, you bring to  the tables and what i like the most there, they play some kind of disco music which gives at least a little bit of party vibe.

A great coffee i always get at "king of coffee", at the beginning of jomtien beach, left driving direction.

Large cappuccino, nicely served in a glass cup with extra water for 50b plus a very cute young waitress.

This place is always busy, around 12 tables, with the correct quality and pricing there is still a good business to make.

No food menue, only a few cakes available as well as fruit shakes.

• 2 months later...

Dusit Terrace

• Large portions of good food for low prices
  • No air conditioning
  • Located 3 km east of Sukhumvit, inland from Na Jomtien

Dusit Terrace has a 4.7 out of 5 star rating on Google Maps:
https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Dusit+Terrace/@12.8129992,100.9403051,13.88z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x31029389590f3b79:0xbf78b05b7e47f6bf!8m2!3d12.8050596!4d100.9376894?hl=en

https://dusit-terrace.business.site/?utm_source=gmb&utm_medium=referral

• Like 1

I will recommend Foodland at Pattaya klang. There are also a branch at Terminal 21, and there used to be one on beach road, outside Royal garden, on the bech road side, but this is now closed.

The one in Pattaya Klang i have been to many times, never got sick, and the food is very good. Mostly is a thai food place, but they also have some western food.

This is Stir-Fried Chicken with Cashew Nuts at the price of 114 baht. The Coke is 30 baht.

This place (The pattaya klang branch) Is also 24 hours, even now during covid) So you can come here at any time and enjoy a nice meal.

274564218_371316374827284_1189137721869500612_n.jpg

• Like 3

Thai food is good at Foodland, just a pain having to listen to that village idiot constantly blowing his whistle in car park.

• Haha 2