IGNORED

Retirement visa

Epimetheus

This place is one me and some friends have used. 

Also Dragon Visa on 3rd Rd off Soi Lengkee near New York Pizza. 

20200115_144534.jpg

Edited by Rocketboy

@Thai Visa Express

Soi Buakhao, Soi 15.

thaivisa-express.com

Tik Tok in Jomtien is excellent.  They do many other services also.

4C62B018-4400-4B04-B4C2-108B79B6D36A.jpeg

37 minutes ago, typhoon42 said:

I know 10+ people that have used Tik Tok, all have been very happy with their service. 

• Like 3

On 22/07/2020 at 11:12, typhoon42 said:

Slightly off topic but.

I just looked at her fees as  i have only ever done an  extension. the normal price is 3k. But i do it  myself nowadays for 1900 as the Baht is so strong. The  total cost for me is  1900 + 20 baht bus + 9  baht  photocopies 5 baht passport photo = 19434baht.

And other places like meenarat you would do nothing  beside go to shop and pick up from shop and give passport photo. It reads as she is just helping with the process for 2100 baht i'll do that for 500.

image.thumb.png.304fb0f3dcbe52b67c0f8f3b355e4cd1.png

@Epimetheus I get the feeling you dont really know what visa you need.

You might get a better answer  to suit your exact needs if you say where you are now. As if your not in pattaya do some more research. As an  O-A visa might be better to obtain for you in your home country and get 2 years out of it. And keep your 800k in your home bank account.

Instead of 15 months and a lost of expenses for an non immigrant O .

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

On 22/07/2020 at 06:07, Rocketboy said:

This place is one me and some friends have used. 

Also Dragon Visa on 3rd Rd off Soi Lengkee near New York Pizza. 

20200115_144534.jpg

Excellent service at Maneerat last time renewed my retirement visa in May. put passport in Monday morning got back at 3pm Tuesday including re-entry and 90 day report. Thumbs up from me.

Edited by gazO
spelling mistake
  • Like 3

On 22/07/2020 at 07:19, Edge said:

@Thai Visa Express

Soi Buakhao, Soi 15.

thaivisa-express.com

Plus 1

Have used Paul's services for 6 years now, very happy customer and a good bloke. 

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 1 month later...

2038278523_ScreenShot2020-09-16at9_37_58AM.png.7c69d5a1e9dbbef6552df6a8bd29a0e1.png

Just read where a guy trying to extend retirement visa in Phuket was refused because he dipped into the 800kbt before the 3mo time. Remember talking to a friend that extended at Pattaya Imm and was  issued a letter stating he should bring his bank book on first 90 day report. In Udon no such letter and on 90day report no request for bank book. I keep the money in the bank year around, but for guys that don't, seems like a gotcha.

1 hour ago, jetdoc said:

2038278523_ScreenShot2020-09-16at9_37_58AM.png.7c69d5a1e9dbbef6552df6a8bd29a0e1.png

Just read where a guy trying to extend retirement visa in Phuket was refused because he dipped into the 800kbt before the 3mo time. Remember talking to a friend that extended at Pattaya Imm and was  issued a letter stating he should bring his bank book on first 90 day report. In Udon no such letter and on 90day report no request for bank book. I keep the money in the bank year around, but for guys that don't, seems like a gotcha.

I was given this letter by Jomtien Immigration last year (one year extension) and received another letter this year.  Previous years this was not required.   Also this year (cannot remember previous years TBH) they wanted copies of my bank book pages back a full year apparently for the 800K.   I also keep +800K in my bank account all year round to be safe.

A side note which will not affect most because of the pandemic travel restrictions, last year I was informed by Jomtien Immigration that the 90-day bank check-in with immigration does not have to be done on the date indicated on the letter (last year I happened to be in Singapore at the time), but when the check-in is done the bank must have verified the account balance for the date indicated on the letter.   In the future I would verify that again with immigration if I planned to be out of the country due to rules changing and I have yet to see anything official in writing regarding this.

Gaee lao. mai law doi. Mai ben rai, mee daang!

If you are on a retirement visa, are you able to travel in and out of the country without any issues or additional reporting?

It would be nice to live in Thailand but also travel outside of the Kingdom at will, without putting your retirement visa at risk.

30 minutes ago, Roadglide said:

If you are on a retirement visa, are you able to travel in and out of the country without any issues or additional reporting?

It would be nice to live in Thailand but also travel outside of the Kingdom at will, without putting your retirement visa at risk.

You need to get a re-entry visa too. Different to the 'retirement visa'. Sounds weird, but true.

Its 3,800 baht for a one year multiple re-entry visa.  Or you can buy single use ones, 900 I think.  Easy to get at Jomtien, 10 minutes to process is my average. Just do it once they give you the retirement visa.  Can do at airport too, but I prefer not to risk office being closed.

Ofcourse, not much use at present with entry restrictions, you cant flit in and out of thailand at will easily.

Also there may be rules about how many days you need to be present in thailand in a year.  Not sure.  The idea is you live and spend money here, not live somewhere else.  Not sure, maybe scaremongering !

Edited by rog555

1 hour ago, rog555 said:

You need to get a re-entry visa too. Different to the 'retirement visa'. Sounds weird, but true.

Its 3,800 baht for a one year multiple re-entry visa.  Or you can buy single use ones, 900 I think.  Easy to get at Jomtien, 10 minutes to process is my average. Just do it once they give you the retirement visa.  Can do at airport too, but I prefer not to risk office being closed.

Ofcourse, not much use at present with entry restrictions, you cant flit in and out of thailand at will easily.

Also there may be RULES about how many days you need to be present in thailand in a year.  Not sure.  The idea is you live and spend money here, not live somewhere else.  Not sure, maybe scaremongering !

No rules that I am aware of.   Pre-covid I traveled constantly and spent about 6 accumulated months out of the year outside of Thailand. 

Yes, the multiple is very quick & easy.  One form, photo, signed copies of relevant passport pages, & 3800 Baht.

Gaee lao. mai law doi. Mai ben rai, mee daang!

On 21 July 2020 at 23:35, Epimetheus said:

Anyone recommend an agent for this visa in Pattaya. Cheers

Sent from my CPH1803 using Tapatalk

Key Visa top company IMO been established a long time so stood the test of time.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

• 7 months later...

Are you allowed to leave and reenter Thailand one time on a retirement visa or do you need that single entry visa?

1 minute ago, jimboh said:

Are you allowed to leave and reenter Thailand one time on a retirement visa or do you need that single entry visa?

You are not allowed to leave on a 'retirement' visa unless you first purchase a re-entry permit from an Immigration office before you leave Thailand. The re-entry permit can be for a single re-entry or multiple re-entries. Without the re-entry permit, your 'retirement' visa will end as soon as you leave Thailand, no matter what date happens to be stamped in your passport. 

Thanks for that, so I will get a single re entry permit from immigration in Jomtiem before I depart Thailand.

Any idea of cost?

59 minutes ago, jimboh said:

Thanks for that, so I will get a single re entry permit from immigration in Jomtiem before I depart Thailand.

Any idea of cost?

1000 baht for a single and 3800 baht for a multiple reentry permit.

My girl is "different". A different one everyday.