IGNORED

Injured caddy sues golfer for 500,000 baht

maxtroy

This was reported by Citylife group in Chang Mai .

It appears the caddy was positioned 150 to 200  meters down the fairway to spot the golfers ball . Hopefully he didn't tell her to keep her eye on the ball as this increases 

his liability as the ball made contact with her eye socket  causing serious damage resulting in blurry vision .

He paid for her 5000 baht medical bill but now she contends it is his fault that she can no longer caddy with her reduced vision . I would argue nothing has really changed 

but probably not a good strategy .  He has proffered a weak defence asserting it is the caddies responsibility to positon themselves behind the players ball as if 

a Thai should accept responsibility for their actions . He must be new .

Following Thai logic the accident would not have occurred if he hadn't come to Thailand so the question is can he get away with giving her less than 500,000. 

Control your balls gentlemen 

22 minutes ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Yet another reason for wishing I didn’t have to take a caddy.

Just tell them to wait in the middle of the fairway, they'll be safe:Laugh1:

www.sugarcanemafia.com

I can recall playing in a Charity tournament at the Ubonratdam course near Khon Khaen, and one of my playing partners hit a shot which rebounded of a tree and hit the caddy in the mouth. She was taken off the course for 3 stitches...there were around 50 golfers and we all chipped in 100thb each, so she got 5000 Thb.

Met up with her the following week, she says happy to get some stitches and compensation every week :)

I don't quite get the scenario.

Been travelling to Thailand twice a year for  12 years. to play golf.

Not once have I or my mates ever sent a caddie ahead up the fairway to watch the ball.

We have 4 caddies and they all stand at the back of the tee box watching all 4 balls as they're hit.

• Like 3

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

5 hours ago, farcanal said:

I don't quite get the scenario.

Been travelling to Thailand twice a year for  12 years. to play golf.

Not once have I or my mates ever sent a caddie ahead up the fairway to watch the ball.

We have 4 caddies and they all stand at the back of the tee box watching all 4 balls as they're hit.

he might of been Irish .... 5555

I’m no golfer but wouldn’t this work?

Someone should make a UV protected tinted version with ventilated holes for caddies. 

53F1AB45-A038-400F-BB19-B1B408BD4F30.jpeg