IGNORED

My December flights have been changed

blue1878

My connecting flights to Heathrow -Bangkok for October 

So I have either have to overnight at my own expense ,postpone or cancel.

Waiting to see if any chance of getting in as a standard tourist to Thailand 

But not looking good ....

1 hour ago, Wiley Coyote said:

My connecting flights to Heathrow -Bangkok for October 

So I have either have to overnight at my own expense ,postpone or cancel.

Waiting to see if any chance of getting in as a standard tourist to Thailand 

But not looking good ....

Sorry distracted

My connecting flights to Heathrow have been cancelled ..

I'm an optimist and hope I can still use my booked flights to go to Thailand in December BUT I have to admit that is very unlikely.  So nearer the time I am expecting Emirates to get in touch to say that the flights are cancelled and that I can reuse my tickets at a later date

As an optimist I still say "Very Unlikely" rather than it "wont happen"

8 hours ago, blue1878 said:

I'm an optimist and hope I can still use my booked flights to go to Thailand in December BUT I have to admit that is very unlikely.  So nearer the time I am expecting Emirates to get in Touch to say that the flights are cancelled and that I can reuse my tickets at a later date

As an optimist I still say "Very Unlikely" rather than it "wont happen"

What I can do for you is this...I,ll PM you with my Bank details and you can put some money in for me with instructions of how and where I should spend it,as if you were here yourself...I will carry out your instructions to the letter and provide photos in return,it may not be the same as being here but the next best thing....I cannot say anything fairer that that except you will be making an expat very happy also.....:Laugh1:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, petermik said:

What I can do for you is this...I,ll PM you with my Bank details and you can put some money in for me with instructions of how and where I should spend it,as if you were here yourself...I will carry out your instructions to the letter and provide photos in return,it may not be the same as being here but the next best thing....I cannot say anything fairer that that except you will be making an expat very happy also.....:Laugh1:

petermik the thing is I know of a number of Thai massage shops in England where I can visit and have some fun with Thai girls. This will make a 4 week millionaire more happy lol

7 hours ago, blue1878 said:

petermik the thing is I know of a number of Thai massage shops in England where I can visit and have some fun with Thai girls. This will make a 4 week millionaire more happy lol

Just trying to be helpful....see you late next year perhaps....:Laugh1:

in the meantime life goes on in sin city and lack of tourists means the girls are at discount rates and much more hornier...aah pure bliss. 

Nothing definite, of course, but the pointers seem to be that Thailand will keep its borders closed to most people into 2021. TAT has three scenarios at the moment, the best of them is that foreign tourism can resume in early 2021, but the worst case is that the borders will stay closed until the end of next year. There seems to be little or no discussion at high levels about opening to tourism again in the next few months, which pretty much takes us to the year-end.

Grim for many, I know, and not just people looking for a holiday in Pattaya. I had a hospital appointment booked in the UK for mid-April this year to have a fairly delicate procedure carried out, but of course they cancelled all routine appointments so I stayed in Thailand. The hospital has rebooked the procedure for early April next year, they were very understanding when I explained that I felt safer in Thailand than I would back in Britain so I preferred to stay here until things calm down. There's no guarantee it'll be safe to go back next April, though, so I'm thinking of getting the procedure done here, though it will cost an arm and my first born, lol. Hard to decide what to do as nobody knows what's going to happen next month, never mind eight months from now.

On 14/08/2020 at 07:25, petermik said:

Just trying to be helpful....see you late next year perhaps....:Laugh1:

in the meantime life goes on in sin city and lack of tourists means the girls are at discount rates and much more hornier...aah pure bliss. 

Looks like the girls are having to scrape the bottom of the barrel till the cream comes back.  And when we do they will be ever so happy and grateful :GrinNod1: :Laugh1::Clap8:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Well in recent weeks my flights were changed 3 times.  And this week I took the decision to cancel my December flights.  Been watching the news for awhile and the Thai's have been very strict.  I cannot see myself and other western tourists being allowed in.  

Anyway when I got in touch with Emirates they were OK with me cancelling my flights.  I can reuse my tickets as long as my return flights are no later the 24th October 2022

2 hours ago, blue1878 said:

Well in recent weeks my flights were changed 3 times.  And this week I took the decision to cancel my December flights.  Been watching the news for awhile and the Thai's have been very strict.  I cannot see myself and other western tourists being allowed in.  

Anyway when I got in Touch with Emirates they were OK with me cancelling my flights.  I can reuse my tickets as long as my return flights are no later the 24th October 2022

Is there still people ( normal tourist)hoping be back this year ? 

Even for next year is unpredictable.. 

1 hour ago, mlay said:

I doubt very much people from my country (UK) should be planning for later this year. They may be hoping to go but sadly it will not happen unless they are prepared to quarantine. 

My next scheduled flight is April 2nd 2021 and I have a horrible feeling that will need to be postponed until at least July 2021 onwards.

Edited by cheetzie

4 hours ago, mlay said:

I booked my flights very early this year.  Before this virus really kicked off.  I left it so late to cancel because  was hoping that the unlikely would happen and I could still go in December 

3 hours ago, cheetzie said:

I doubt very much people from my country (UK) should be planning for later this year. They may be hoping to go but sadly it will not happen unless they are prepared to quarantine. 

My next scheduled flight is April 2nd 2021 and I have a horrible feeling that will need to be postponed until at least July 2021 onwards.

I've still got the ticket with the Emirates and I can use it before the 24th October 2022.  So hopefully I can have an holiday in Thailand before then

9 hours ago, blue1878 said:

Anyway when I got in Touch with Emirates they were OK with me cancelling my flights.  I can reuse my tickets as long as my return flights are no later the 24th October 2022

Visa restrictions have become very tight .. no visa on arrival any more.. 

•  you have to jump through so many hoops to get one and only 3-4 options available all have there extra costs plus need extra travel/Health insurance.
  • Then you need to certificate of entry with requires Negative corana test 72 hours before flying
  • Fight to fly certifcate 72 hours before flying
  • Extra 100,000 usd travel insurance for corona virus
  • On arrival .  you would have to do 14 quarantine on Arrival at designated hotels at your cost which is not that cheap.. 
  •  

so you  probably looking at about extra £2k to get to the end of Quarantine before you even start your holiday   ... so unless you where intending to stay for a few months you have made the right choice I think :GrinNod1:

Edited by T-T-T

15 hours ago, T-T-T said:

Visa restrictions have become very tight .. no visa on arrival any more.. 

•  you have to jump through so many hoops to get one and only 3-4 options available all have there extra costs plus need extra travel/Health insurance.
  • Then you need to certificate of entry with requires Negative corana test 72 hours before flying
  • Fight to fly certifcate 72 hours before flying
  • Extra 100,000 usd travel insurance for corona virus
  • On arrival .  you would have to do 14 quarantine on Arrival at designated hotels at your cost which is not that cheap.. 
  •  

so you  probably looking at about extra £2k to get to the end of Quarantine before you even start your holiday   ... so unless you where intending to stay for a few months you have made the right choice I think :GrinNod1:

I was due to only spend 28 nights in Thailand. So spending 14 of them in quarantine was not very appealing

• 11 months later...

Even though B A have cancelled, rebooked, changed, now cancelled indefinitely my December flight London to Bangkok, I still intend on going.

But with which airline? 

I don't think i can trust Thai airways, they still owe me money. 

I will wait until nearer take off to decide which airline looks the most reliable KLM, Finnair? 

23 minutes ago, The Falang said:

Even though B A have cancelled, rebooked, changed, now cancelled indefinitely my December flight London to Bangkok, I still intend on going.

But with which airline? 

I don't think i can trust Thai airways, they still owe me money. 

I will wait until nearer take off to decide which airline looks the most reliable KLM, Finnair? 

Etihad or Qatar  most unlikely to cancel you 

I love going to Pattaya in December

And recently there have been some positive happenings 

UK have taken them of the red list so that means no quarantine when I return home

From November people from 10 countries can visit Pattaya as long as they can prove they've had two jabs and a negative PCR test

But at the moment we don't know what kind of Pattaya is waiting for us

(1) Will the thai government allow us to buy alcohol??

(2) Will the 10pm curfew have ended??

(3) Will they allow all entertainment venues to open???

Sadly at the moment there is to much uncertertanty 

So it looks like I will sadly be giving Pattaya/Thailand a  miss this December

And hopefully make two trips next year

BUT I will keep an eye on events

• Like 2

On 11/10/2021 at 15:53, worldpunter said:

Etihad or Qatar  most unlikely to cancel you 

I'm thinking Air France/KLM via Amsterdam combination.

Looking at their recent flights, all but one have landed in BKK, the one cancelled, passengers would have been put on next flight.

• Like 1