Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

My December flights have been changed

blue1878

Earlier this year I booked my flights with Emirates for December/January. The flights were booked just before this virus kicked off big time.  Anyway today I got an email to say that my booking has changed

Original Booking for outward flights

EK 022 from Manchester to Dubai departing at 08:50 and landing at Dubai 19:50 has now been cancelled

Outward Booking Now

EK 018 from Manchester to Dubai taking of at 13:10 and landing at Dubai at 00:25. I am in transit for 3 hrs   (originally it was 2hrs 45mins).  So I now land at Suvarnabhumi airport at 12:35 instead of 07:35                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               These changes arnt to bad because at least once I've checked in at my Pattaya hotel I can have a rest before going out at night

Original Return Booking

My flight from Suvarnabhumi airport is EK 373 taking of at 20:35 and lands in Dubai.  I then spend 1 hr 50 mins in transit before my flight EK 021 takes off and then lands at Manchester airport at 06:45

Return Booking now

I still get the EK 373 to Dubai at 20:35 BUT my connecting flight EK 021 has now been cancelled.  So I have to spend 6 hrs 20 mins in transit before flying to Manchester. Landing at 11:15 instead of 06:45.  

When I saw the email I phoned Emirates office in Manchester and they confirmed that flights have been cancelled.  I mentioned I wasnt to happy being in transit at Dubai for over 6 hours when flying home.  I got told they could put me on a later flight from Suvarnabhumi airport to Dubai which takes of at 02:00 to reduce transit time.  I decided to decline

All the above wont matter if the UK government or Thai government say I cannot fly to Thailand for a holiday

Edited by blue1878

So much uncertainty at the moment things changing by the day impossible to plan anything for the future, and now we being told a second wave could hit the UK in October with another 120.000 lives lossed fed up with it all.

30 minutes ago, Rainsberger said:

So much uncertainty at the moment things changing by the day impossible to plan anything for the future, and now we being told a second wave could hit the UK in October with another 120.000 lives lossed fed up with it all.

In normal times Emirates have 3 flights a day between Manchester & Dubai and at least 3 flights a day between Dubai & Bangkok.  So because of the virus I was expecting them to cut back on the flights.  I was just hoping that my flights would not be the ones affected. On a positive note I've (for the time being) still have flights on the days I wanted.

The uncertainty is will I be able to travel in December.  Currently Thailand is closed to us farangs.  I just hope this situation improves and I can get away for my holiday

32 minutes ago, Rainsberger said:

When Boris makes face masks mandatory in shops you know trouble is on the way.I went to Amsterdam yesterday for a walk around  (I live nearby) the metro wasn't busy busy and I walked back from the Europeplein To central station when I got to the centre the Kalverstraat was rammed with people and I mean rammed I dodged it and went home,it's actually getting really scary for me as I've arrived in the vulnerable zone 69yo I've got to go to Amsterdam on the 24th to visit immigration to get a new ID card so they now need my fingerprints and photo,thanks to Brexit and then I'm avoiding people till this pans out one way or the other.

From my regional airport in the UK via KLM is £440 for September to BKK, but I think little chance of getting in Thailand then, cheapest I have ever seen, usually 650+

A lot will change in the next 5 months. even if you change flights now,  they will probably change many more times afterwards

I haven't booked my Jan/Feb 2021 flights yet because its impossible to say what the situation will be like.

I always fly with Emirates, just keeping an eye on their available economy fares & thats all right now.

8 hours ago, blue1878 said:

In normal times Emirates have 3 flights a day between Manchester & Dubai and at least 3 flights a day between Dubai & Bangkok.  So because of the virus I was expecting them to cut back on the flights.  I was just hoping that my flights would not be the ones affected. On a positive note I've (for the time being) still have flights on the days I wanted.

The uncertainty is will I be able to travel in December.  Currently Thailand is closed to us farangs.  I just hope this situation improves and I can get away for my holiday

Well I'm afraid Thailand are not making us very welcome for some time to come,  It's just too risky to allow foreign tourists to visit Thailand for at least 6 months says top Thai doctor, and more than half of Thais in a poll don't want foreigners back for some time -despite the 14 day quarantine hardly a red carpet welcome back.      

Flight changes are normal, when you book so far in advance.

Keep an eye on the flights and if they have one leaving at a better time that day closer to the time request that instead.

I had a flight with PAL change so often that an early morning flight gradually changed to be a late morning, early afternoon, evening and then night-time flight. Then closer to the time a flight 10 minutes later than my original booking became available. I requested to be put on that and without argument they did so. This was a super cheap economy fare too.

40 minutes ago, McGinty said:

Keep an eye on the flights and if they have one leaving at a better time that day closer to the time request that instead.

I had a flight with PAL change so often that an early morning flight gradually changed to be a late morning, early afternoon, evening and then night-time flight. Then closer to the time a flight 10 minutes later than my original booking became available. I requested to be put on that and without argument they did so. This was a super cheap economy fare too.

I have to disagree

Emirates normally keep the same flights but depending on bookings etc etc they might change to a A380 plane with a different seat configuration.

Edited by blue1878

4 hours ago, blue1878 said:

I have to disagree

Emirates normally keep the same flights but depending on bookings etc etc they might change to a A380 plane with a different seat configuration.

Totally agree with you.  I've never had a flight time change with Emirates in 11 years, 60+ flights

Current times are completely unpredictable however

On 15/07/2020 at 12:21, McGinty said:

First part I've never had a change booking well in advance, many times 8,9 or 10 months ahead.

Second part I'm sure you're correct but I'm also pretty sure they will charge you for that.

On 15/07/2020 at 13:00, blue1878 said:

I have to disagree

Agreed 

21 hours ago, jaynewcastle said:

Totally agree with you.  I've never had a flight time change with Emirates in 11 years, 60+ flights

Current times are completely unpredictable however

Agree same with me never had a problem 

My December Christmas/New Yeas non-refundable flight was booked back in January before all this stuff started.

I just got a email telling me both my outgoing and return flights have been changed.

I was booked to fly through Seoul Korea with about a 2 hour layover each way.

Now they have me going through Tokyo connecting with ANA with a 9 hour layover going and 7 hour on the return.

I'm sure soon the booking will be cancelled like the other 3 previous trips I had booked this year.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

My Emirates flights just got changed for November. Booked pre Covid-19, the outbound from UK had a 2 hour stopover in Dubai, now it's 9 hour. Its a non refundable. Anyone know if the are refunding now because of Covid-19 as its looking  unlikely we can visit Thailand this year.

nylonmanus, it depends if Emirates cancel the flight or not.

I really doubt you're going to get a refund nearly 5 months before your flight

21 hours ago, jaynewcastle said:

nylonmanus, it depends if Emirates cancel the flight or not.

I really doubt you're going to get a refund nearly 5 months before your flight

When I phoned them about my flights changing they said that if I couldnt fly to Thailand in December because of the virus.  I would be able to book other flights as long as it was within 24 months

Emirates announced today reduction ex MAN from 3 to 2 Flights a day for

the period 1st Sept20 to 27Mar21.  A380 will operate with the morning flight being cancelled for this period.

5 hours ago, brownmanc said:

Emirates announced today reduction ex MAN from 3 to 2 Flights a day for

the period 1st Sept20 to 27Mar21.  A380 will operate with the morning flight being cancelled for this period.

I love the morning flight so its sad that they've cancelled bu I understand why they  had to reduce from 3 flights to 2. If I do manage to fly to Thailand in December at least I'm on the afternoon flight which with a good conecting flight  will get me to Thailand at a decent time.

• 4 weeks later...

Still hoping against hope that I can fly in December for my month long trip

7 hours ago, blue1878 said:

All depends on which country you`re thinking of visiting..........seriously until a proven vaccine comes out or the UK has no new cases for a few months you can forget about Thailand I,m afraid....mid next year is my guess as to when tourists may return here without restrictions....I may be wrong though :ThankGod1:

We're booked for Thailand for Thanksgiving but I think there is little to no chance of the trip going ahead.

My friend has just had is October flights cancelled from LHR to BKK in October with Qatar Airways and told him he can rebook them or get refund. If he wants to rebook the earliest he can book for is in March.

Edited by Dazza118

5 hours ago, blue1878 said:

Looking like it will be next year at the earliest.

I know Singapore airlines are already cancelling flights to Thailand in Jan/Feb 2021 

I still haven't booked flights for Jan/Feb 2021, and have no intention of doing so, until things start looking positive again

Edited by jaynewcastle
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, javasumatra said:

We're booked for Thailand for Thanksgiving but I think there is little to no chance of the trip going ahead.

You do know that thanks giving . Is an American holiday !  " Not a British or Thai  holiday " 

Edited by gitteyman