IGNORED

Are You Able to Ride a Bicycle After Knee Replacement?

likeaking

Going to a consult for a knee replacement secondary to a compound anterior knee dislocation 35 years ago and trauma to it last September. It's to the point I can't ride my bicycle. Anyone able to ride a MTB after a knee replacement? TIA

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

11 hours ago, likeaking said:

Going to a consult for a knee replacement secondary to a compound anterior knee dislocation 35 years ago and trauma to it last September. It's to the point I can't ride my bicycle. Anyone able to ride a MTB after a knee replacement? TIA

I had two knee replacements at the same time. Riding a bicycle is part of physical therapy (stationary) and riding a bicycle is no problem. Also doggie style still works. Only high impact stuff like running is not good. Walking,bicycle,elliptical etc. are all fine.

Jack

42 minutes ago, axunjaxn said:

I had two knee replacements at the same time. Riding a bicycle is part of physical therapy (stationary) and riding a bicycle is no problem. Also doggie style still works. Only high impact stuff like running is not good. Walking,bicycle,elliptical etc. are all fine.

Jack

Sounds good, Jack. I haven't been able to do doggy style, other than standing, for 35 years because the knee doesn't bend 90 degrees.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

My left knee replaced over 2 years ago and allgood, can ride, kneel (which means doggy is no problems) but not all people have a perfect result. Key is preparation for the op and post op physio, it hurts but stick at it and work hard.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it

Sex is a bit like oxygen, unimportant until you are not getting enough!

www.sugarcanemafia.com

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/07/2020 at 03:27, axunjaxn said:

Jack

Are you riding too much? Do you strech before you ride? Are you using proper technique? Does your bike fit you? Is your bike adapted to the terrain you ride?

Hey mate,

No problem. I had mine both replaced 14 months ago, was on a push bike within a week, driving in 3.... Best thing I have done for a long time... Back to a near normal life, now for the shoulders :)

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I had my left knee replacement a year and a half ago. Definately well worth it. 

Tips. Do your PRE OP physio and exercise. The more you do before the faster you will recover. 

Post op do your exercises twice a day. Dont skip a single session!!!!

Testicles

My mum is 79.  She had a knee done 5 years ago.   Still gets around on a bike occasionally.

14 hours ago, johnbelley said:

Are you riding too much? Do you strech before you ride? Are you using proper technique? Does your bike fit you? Is your bike adapted to the terrain you ride?

No. No. I don't know.I don't know. No. That is too much shit to worry about.I can ride and it feels good.

Jack

Right now I am not riding due to other issues.